Simply Real Bali – Deluxe Villa Surya
Elegant by design, Villa Surya is a secluded hideaway open all year round. Combining casual comfort with grace and simplicity it is where the 'Real' Bali can still be found.
The villa is an oasis of tranquility on the Eastern Bali Coast with a spectacular view of holy Mt. Agung, emerald green paddy fields and deep azure oceans. Set back 200 unobstructed meters from the ocean and bordering a spring fed river with the beaches only a short 2 minute walk away. The upper mezzanine is the ideal place to view all this splendor and also to have those intimate alfresco meals during the endless tropical nights.
The main pool seating area surrounding the large 20 meter infinity swimming pool built of native Balinese green stone is placed in the middle of a freshwater plant and fish habitat, shaded by coconut, banana and fragrant frangipani trees.
Our full time Balinese housekeeping staff will gently cater to your wishes starting with a complete breakfast and then throughout the day; a chauffeur can be arranged at any time by our staff. Or kitchen is blessed with, supply and season permitting, produce from our own organic vegetable and herb garden and the many fruit trees on the 2000 square meter property are a regular source of wonderfully fresh banana, papaya, coconut, sirsak smoothies, juices and fruits.
Nearby tourist attractions are Tenganan Village, Ujung Water Palace, Tirtagangga Watergardens, Besakih Temple and Amed for the diving enthusiast. Not to forget both beautiful Candi Dasa for its first class restaurants, shopping and night life only 8 kilometres away there is also Amlapura the provincial capital of Karangasem is only 2 kilometers away.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 2 en suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Check in time:||14:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||200 m|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Denpasar,(Ngurah Rai Airport) 78 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Single Beds (1), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 7, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Poolside A/C Suite - cushioned seating for 3 with coffee table
|Further details outdoors|
A second 13 meter swimming pool with island.
English speaking representatives are on hand to assist and advise about daily activities and sightseeing tours - our chauffeur is also very knowledgeable and speaks excellent English.
An ATM machine is 5 minutes away.
Wheelchair access is possible in the ground floor Poolside Suite and living dining area but the residence is not specially adapted but generally flat access ways are the rule throughout the ground floor area.
We love Bali and its unique way of life, the lovely, gentle people and the centuries old religion and culture which preach of a unity between nature and life without demanding that anyone else take part or believe, but simply just respect it and them.
The "true" Bali can be found down every little lane or within each family compound and in the laughing faces of the hordes of happy and well-mannered children or even in the passing women their heads towering high with offerings for the gods or the days gathered produce.
We put Villa Surya as close to the middle of this as possible, near the working village of Jasri where every morning the farmers pass by the villa on the way to their fields and every evening the local families come down to bath in the river - sometimes 4 and 5 to a motorbike but always happy to see you and eager to just chat about their lives and yours.
• Mount Agung – (3142 meters high) about 30 km away and the temperature difference is about 20C – colder!
• Pura Besakih – about 36km, Mother Temple of Hinduism (Balinese) a vast temple complex playing a major role in the religious life of every Balinese
• Tirta Gangga – Water Palace, weekend retreat of the last Rajah of Karangasem about 5km
• Ujung – Water Palace number 2 only 3km away – rebuilt by the World Bank, so well worth a visit.
• Pantai Putih – White sandy beach – one of the most well-known beaches on the island – 5km away and a good contrast to the black sand of the other beaches.
• Amlapura's authentic Balinese market is the center of local life and a source of tropical fruits and produce. Buy anything you fancy there and our staff will happily prepare it for you with flair and Balinese flavour.
• Tenganan – 15km, the original Bali Aga village (living museum) and a good place to find local textiles such as double ikat.
• Blue Lagoon – near Padang Bai, about 20km a fantastic place to go snorkelling – we recommend a local fishing boat trip for the day.
• Amed & Tulamben – about 15km away and a world famous centre for the diving enthusiast wishing to dive the wreck of the USS Liberty
• Padang Bai – 23km, also a well-known tourist area but also the main port facility for trips to the other islands – Lombok and the Gillis