· Sleeps 12 - 8 adults and 4 kids, 4 bedrooms (1 queen, 3 doubles all with 100% pure cotton linen + 3 sleeper couches)
· 3 Full bathrooms, 2 guest loos
· Deck overlooking the ocean for alfresco dining
· Swimming pool (safety net available)
· 100m to ocean and excellent steak and seafood restaurant (Barnacles)
· 2–15 Min drive to 4 beaches (Beachview / Maitlands / Kini Bay / Sardinia Bay)
· 25km from Port Elizabeth airport
· Walking distance to amenities
· Full DSTV, indoor and outdoor braai area
· Ideal for families / couples / groups seeking a relaxing break
· Serviced daily (mon-fri, excluding public holidays)
· Free wi-fi
Min stay over Christmas / New Years period is 14 nights
If you fancy spending your holiday feasting your eyes on the beautiful views of the Indian Ocean over breakfast as dolphins swim by, or watching the sun set from your balcony over a glass of South Africa's finest then Elizabeth House is the holiday destination for you!
Elizabeth House is located just a minutes walk from the shore of the Indian Ocean, in the sea side village of Seaview, yet a short 15 min drive to the city of Port Elizabeth.
Seaview is popular with locals and visitors alike due to its friendly and relaxed atmosphere, stunning views and its proximity to 3 sandy, unspoilt beaches. Only 10 minute walk / 1 minutes drive to amenities (cash point, chemist, bistro/bar, off-license, laundry) and a 100m from an excellent restaurant serving up delicious sea food and steaks.
Elizabeth House is fully furnished and fitted with everything you require for a self catering holiday. Leading from the open plan living / entertainment room and indoor bbq area is a large deck with stunning sea views, furnished with a table and benches for al fresco dining. The property benefits from and indoor bbq area (local term for this is braai) so you can enjoy a truely South African experience no matter the weather! Downstairs is a fully equiped kitchen and dining area which lead out onto a patio with a large hammock with sea views.
With 1 queen and 3 double rooms, our holiday house is ideal for families, groups or couples looking for a relaxing break with plenty in the surrounding area to see and do during your stay. All linen is 100% pure cotton and rooms are very comfortable and tastefully furnished. We also have 3 sleeper couches.
Our location makes it a perfect fishing and snorkelling spot. The swimming gullies are safe and we can advise you on the best time to swim and explore. This part of the coastline is home to an abundance of bird life, fish, Otters (you may be lucky enough to see them feeding in the evening), whales and dolphins. Pods of dolphins swimming past are an almost daily occurance... a sight not to be missed!
Come bathe in the South African sun and enjoy a truly relaxing break away from the crowds...
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 4 bedrooms|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms and 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||14:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Beachview 1 km|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Port Elizabeth (PLZ) 24 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (4), Sofa Beds (4), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
• One of Port Elizabeth’s greatest assets is its clean and beautiful beaches. Water temperatures vary between 18 and 21 degrees Celsius during Summer and 14 to 19 degrees Celsius in Winter. We are located a 5 min drive to Maitlands and Beachvew beaches and 15 min drive to Sardinia Bay Beach. They are sandy, unspoilt beaches which go on for miles.
• The area is Malaria Free.
• Enjoy great food and wine at one of the Citys numerous bars & restaurants or relax on the deck overlooking the ocean at your local Barnacles restaurant (serving excellent seafood and steaks) just 100m walk away. The Elephant Walk restaurant and pub is a 5 min drive away is set in a stunning indigenous gardens serving excellent meals and very cold beers! Visitors will be delighted to note that even at the seaside you can enjoy the awe inspiring wildlife of Africa. 73 km from the city is the exclusive, private Shamwari Game Reserve which is home to the Big Five of Africa. Early morning and evening game drives are available. The Addo Elephant Park is 45 min drive away and is dedicated to the preservation of the Eastern Cape Elephant and the Cape Buffalo. Seaview Lion Park shelters various lion cubs of different ages and is 5 min away. It is also currently home to a number of white lion cubs. Daily whale watching and sunset cruises run from the PE Harbour - see dolphins, whales, penguins, seals, etc. The calm waters and fair breezes are perfect conditions for sailing, and the safe beaches allow for swimming, surfing, body boarding and other water sport all year round. Scuba diving enthusiasts can choose form a number of great spots with lots to see, such as ship wrecks, coral reefs and beautifully coloured fish in the warm waters. There are one day courses available as well as boat charters and gear for hire. Horse riding on the beach / forest hacks are 10-15 min drive from the house. Bayworld Museum Complex is one of the major attractions and consists of museums, Snake Park and Oceanarium. Boardwalk Casino is 30 min away. Golf: All the courses below are within a 30 min drive Sardinia Bay Golf course is only a 15 min drive. Port Elizabeth Golf Course: commonly known asThe Hill was founded in 1890 and is one of South Africas oldest golf clubs. Humewood has hosted the South African Amateur 9 times and the South African Open 4 times. Walmer Country Club: The course is situated in the leafy suburb of Walmer in Port Elizabeth, on the road to the seaside village of Schoenmarkerskop. The front nine holes of the course are the most challenging and fairways, set in thick indigenous bush, run predominantly in westerly or easterly directions. Historical attractions include the Donkin Heritage trail, which allows the visitor to follow in the footsteps of the 1820 Settlers on their journey of discovery and settlement. This 5 km trail visits 47 historical sites and architectural delights in the Old Hill area of central PE. Within the city there are some beautiful parks with well landscaped gardens: St Georges Park, which covers 73 hectares and is home to the world famous Port Elizabeth Cricket Club, Prince Alfred Guard Memorial and the 1882 Victorian Pearson Conservatory. The other Park being the 54 hectare Settler. For the visitor wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth is the perfect complement to the Garden Route, Settler Hinterland, Wild Coast, Sunshine Coast and Cape. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. Distances from PE: 260 km Knysna, 800km Cape Town, 73 km to the exclusive Shamwari Game Reserve, 80km to Jeffreys Bay, 90km to St Franscis