A luxurious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with extensive sea views from all rooms and your own large south-facing private terrace.
Located midway between Bournemouth and Christchurch, this apartment is 5 minutes walk from the Blue Flag awarded sandy beaches of Boscombe pier and beachside cafes, and has a range of excellent restaurants and bars in easy reach. It is located within Burlington Mansions, a prestigious Victorian hotel built in the 1850s that has been converted into apartments whilst maintaining a number of the original features including the foyer and shared entrance. The apartment has been fitted with new high quality furnishings for the 2014 season.
The master bedroom has a kingsize bed, fitted wardrobes, a dressing table and an en-suite shower room with toilet. There is direct access onto the terrace (so you have your morning coffee in bed watching the sea, then take breakfast and a book onto the terrace). The second bedroom is fitted with twin 3' single beds and fitted wardrobes to provide plenty of storage space and also has direct sea views.
All new bookings made after 15th June 2015 include linen and towel hire - our housekeeper will make up your bed ahead of arrival.
The main living area has a large 3 seater leather sofa, a pair of armchairs and a dining table and chairs which seats 4. There is a 40" flat-screen TV with FreeView channels and a Blu-ray & DVD player. There is also unlimited wi-fi to use in the apartment.
There is direct access onto the large, south facing roof terrace which is for your exclusive use. The terrace also has a dining table and chairs seating 4 for alfresco lunches (breakfasts, dinners), and we have provided blankets for those early morning or late evenings out there. There are also deckchairs and cushions for the outdoor seating provided to make things even more comfortable.
The kitchen is well catered with a gas hob, an electric oven, a integrated large fridge-freezer and a dishwasher, as well as a washing machine/tumble drier. There is plenty of crockery and cutlery provided, including smaller versions for younger guests and of course all the usual kitchen accessories. The kitchen is accessed off the main living area but is fitted with doors that can be closed off to separate it if required.
The main bathroom has full size bath for a long soak after a day out and about.
All rooms are south facing with sea views.
The flat is on a single level, located on the first floor and serviced by a lift and there are 2 allocated parking spaces for guests' use.
There is a travel cot, bed guard and high chair available at the property for guests' use at no additional charge (please bring bedding for the cot).
Please note that the apartment block is accessed through electronic locks on all the main entrances.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Boscombe 300 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bournemouth Airport (10km) or Southampton (40km), Nearest railway: Bournemouth Bus and Train station (2miles/3km - ta|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Parking, Lift access, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
The apartment is in a great location - wake up and sit on the terrace enjoying the sea views, if you want to get closer then Boscombe pier is approx 5 min walk away. Around the pier you have level access to the sandy beach, places to eat and a surf shop. From the pier you can walk along with sea front towards Bournemouth (approx 2.5 km/2 miles) or catch the land-train which runs during holiday seasons. From the pier you can also access Boscombe Chine Gardens which has childrens' play areas, a cafe, mini-golf and garden bedding displays.
Away from the beach you can easily access Boscombe which has shopping facilities including supermarkets and weekly markets on Thursday/Saturday. The area also has a number of antique, craft and vintage shops - in Boscombe and neighbouring Pokesdown. There are lots of cafes, bars and restaurants near to the flat.
Bournemouth town centre has pleasure gardens surrounding the town centre, making it a very green and pleasant environment. The town centre has lots of bars restaurants and shopping facilities. There is also a cinema and theatre/shows at Pavillion Theatre & Bournemouth International Centre.
Surrounding Bournemouth there are a number of attractions in local towns or enjoying the water or countryside. Below is a small selection....
- Poole a short drive or train ride, coastal port town with water sports activities
- Christchurch - small town with famous Priory. Set upon the river with rowing boats/small motor boats to hire
- Numerous excellent golf courses in the area
- Almost all forms of watersports catered for in Boscombe, Bournemouth and Poole harbour
- Swimming in sea or local sports centres - Littledown Centre with 25m main pool and childrens pools
- New Forest a short drive or train ride - walking, riding, cycling
- Beaches - sandy beach on your doorstep, further afield Hengistbury Head nature reserve, Sandbanks (Poole), Studland National Trust natural beach
- Brownsea island National Trust owned island with red squirrels - short boat trip from Poole Quay
- RSPB nature reserve Arne - on shore of Poole Harbour
- Purbecks - walking Jurassic Coast, approx 1hr drive (travel via chain ferry at Sandbanks)
- Tower Park water park (all year round) and multiplex cinema
- Paultons Park & Pepper Pig World - located approx 30 min drive from the flat - theme park with lots of rides for younger children
- Marwell zoological park
- Beaulieu Motor Museum, house and gardens, approx 45mins drive in the New Forest
- Bournemouth Airshow takes place towards end August - excellent views from the terrace
- Wheels motor event in late May new for 2014
- Fireworks weekly on Fridays throughout main holiday season
- Local events arranged by Tourism office throughout year and coinciding with school holidays