French holidays villa with pool - facilities:
This French holidays villa has been renovated to a high standard and has kept many of it`s original features - stone walls and exposed beams. When you enter the property on the ground level there is a lounge with seating and a daybed, there is a w.c. here too. There is a large kitchen/dining room with table and 10 chairs and French doors out into the garden. The kitchen is fully equipped with range oven/hob, dish washer, microwave, utility room with American style fridge freezer and washing machine.
On the first floor of this side of the house is a large sitting room with 2 settees and seating, UK Sat TV and CD stereo system. A double bedroom with air con, dressing room and ensuite shower room with basin and w.c. On this floor there is a further seperate w.c. and another bathroom with bath, basin and w.c. Up a flight of stairs to a large master bedroom with king sized bed, sitting area with chairs and desk and a large ensuite bathroom with corner bath, seperate shower, w.c. and basin. There is a private terrace of this room.
Crossing into the other side of the house there is a lounge with seating and a twin bedroom which leads out onto a large enclosed sun terrace with seating and table tennis. This area can also be accessed by another set of stairs . From the lounge you go upstairs to a twin room then into a further twin room with basin and air con.
Outside - garage for off street parking, 6x4m pool (max depth 1.5m) garden furniture, court yard/garden, dining terraceand BBQ.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beziers 30 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (4), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
This French holidays villa is situated in Caux. The Mediterranean coast is 30 minutes to the south, the hills and mountains 30 minutes to the north, Montpellier, the thriving capital of the Languedoc is with its international airport (Ryanair, BA) is 45 minutes away by car. One of the most diverse regions of France, the Languedoc offers mountains, lakes, rivers and beautiful stretches of coastline; major towns and fairytale citadels. Languedoc is one of the most prolific wine-producing areas of France and a happy afternoon can be spent touring the many vineyards and tasting the local produce.
- Beziers (15 minutes), historic town and capital of wine producing and rugby. Especially vibrant in August and during it`s famous Feria. Perhaps the best flower market in the whole of the south on Fridays in the beautiful tree-lined main boulevard.
- Canal du Midi which links the Atlantic with the Mediterranean, miles of flat walks along the shady tow-paths. A choice of boat excursions can be taken.
- Carcassonne castle is well worth a visit, especially on jousting days!
- Roque Haute - outskirts of Portiragnes. Superb botanical reserve.
- Golf courses nearby at Beziers and Cap d`Agde
- Funfair at Vias Plage (July and August)
- Bassin de Thau - a calm inland sea teeming with fish. A breeding place for oysters and shellfish, producing over half the oysters consumed in France. Villages, such as Bouzigues and Meze, have many restaurants serving sumptuous platters of fresh shellfish.
- Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park - gorges, Lac de Salagou, a very beautiful area only 30 minutes drive away, with its stunning gorges and wuperb walking, hiking, river rafting, watersports and carp fishing.
- Roquebrun (called “Little Nice“) with its Mediterranean garden with over 400 species.
- Pezenas - City of Moliere with an exceptional architectural heritage. Numerous arts and crafts artists
with workshops open to the public. Large market every Saturday.
- Spain - an hour`s drive to the border.
- Barcelona - approximately 3 hours` drive
You have your choice of airports across the South of France to reach Caux, French holidays villa. You can :
Fly to Perpignan (1 hour)
Fly to Carcassonne (1 hour)
Fly to Montpellier (45 mins)
Fly to Nimes (1 hour 15 mins)
Fly to Beziers (30 mins)
Booking terms for this French holidays villa are as follows. £200 security deposit required, sorry no pets, linen and towels included