"Royal Mile 5 mins walk, FREE parking/Wifi" is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious, 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Holyrood Park, with stunning views of Arthur's Seat. The flat benefits from free WiFi and free on street parking, is just moments from the Palace of Holyrood House (the Queen's residence in Edinburgh) and is just 5 mins (off road) walk from the foot of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile.
This central Edinburgh (see our map “photo”) apartment occupies a quiet position on the second floor of a traditional Scottish tenement building, situated at the end of a peaceful cul-de-sac that provides pedestrian access to Holyrood Park. There is a Secure (buzzer) Entry System with an intercom providing additional security.
The apartment is situated pretty much as close as you can get to all the historic Old Town sites and visitor attractions in Edinburgh with FREE on street parking. Most of central Edinburgh is unfortunately (expensive!) metered parking zones.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a lovely open and comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large sofa bed which pulls out very easily to form a good sized (6Ft 8") double bed.
The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a washing machine, dish washer, integrated fridge/freezer, cooker, microwave as well as electrically wired heat & smoke detectors. In the vicinity there are a number of smaller shops as well as (5mins walk) the substantial Meadowbank shopping centre that includes a Sainsburys (8am-10pm), TK Maxx and other high end outlets. However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs close by.
There is a spacious bedroom with a European King sized bed (6Ft 6" by 5Ft 2"), double wardrobe and integrated drawers for storage. The second bedroom is a single (box) room with single bed and a wardrobe. The shower room, with toilet and wash hand basin, has been recently modernised to a high standard. Off the hallway there is an additional toilet & wash hand basin.
A pleasant 5 minute walk through Holyrood Park takes you to the buses at the foot of the Royal Mile (which is also an Airport Link bus stop) or alternatively to London Road, a major access road, whose numerous bus routes provide access to the main tourist and shopping destinations.
Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels are provided for guests. In addition, local information / literature, iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh International Airport 12 km, Nearest railway: Waverley Train Station 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, King Beds (1), Single beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Why the owner chose this property: The photo taken from the window pretty much sums up the location! You're in the heart of Edinburgh (see our map “photo”), on the doorstep of a 650 acre park, just 5mins walk away from the bottom of the Royal Mile, while a 5min walk in the other direction takes you to a core Edinburgh bus route. And, despite its central location, the apartment benefits from FREE PARKING! I wish I owned this property when I was growing up! The unique benefits of this Apartment: Without a doubt the flat's location (beside Holyrood Palace & a 650 acre park), which benefits from amazing views and a 30 second walk to the park, while ready access to FREE parking has been a major Holiday Let draw. In addition to this, the apartment is close to the main train station (Edinburgh Waverley) and is also close to a main (London Road) bus route, yet quiet as located near the end of a no through road.......... I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
1) Milton Street: The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach. Ideally situated for the Royal Mile (5 min walk), Palace of Holyrood House (5 min walk), Scottish Parliament and Dynamic Earth (5 min walk) as well as having the beautiful Holyrood Park right on the doorstep. There are also numerous festival and 'Fringe' venues (the famous Pleasance through the park, 10 min walk), the Grassmarket and Cowgate (15-20 min walk) Edinburgh Castle (15-20 min walk).
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events.
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Festival Theatre hosts an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (1min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2016.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said! All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
STRICTLY NO PARTIES!
NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT or STAIRWELL! … Please respect the no-smoking rule
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED!
Our apartment is in a residential block, please be respectful of the working professionals living in the apartments around you. This building is their home and as such they are under no obligation to put up with excessively loud music/TV noise and/or smoking in the stairwell. Please bear in mind that our neighbours can, and will, report any behaviour that contravenes these House Rules to the relevant authorities, which could entail a police caution or fine.
Finally, enough of the heavy stuff!..... We really appreciate you booking with us & hope you have a wonderful stay in our lovely home.