Casa Lucia stands in ten acres of glorious hillside olive groves overlooking the majestic Carrara Mountains. The property is made up of a large, comfortable, and luxuriously appointed farmhouse-style villa set in beautiful gardens and olive grove, with a private swimming pool, an elegant open air pool house with comfortable seating, an outdoor kitchen with traditional wood-fired pizza oven and grill, and several shaded areas with ample seating and dining furniture. With four double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, Casa Lucia is a haven of luxurious elegance. This magnificent property combines contemporary luxury with traditional Italian craftsmanship, set against the backdrop of some of the most breathtaking views in all of Italy.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 4 en suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Lerici 35 km|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa 70 km, Nearest railway: Aulla 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Super King Beds (1), Double Beds (2), Bunk Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The ground floor of the house features an immaculate, fully-equipped, brand new, top-of-the-range chef's kitchen and open plan dining area, with French doors leading out to a large, spectacular stone-terraced eating area and outdoor kitchen with traditional wood-burning pizza oven, grill, and gas barbeque.
|Further details outdoors|
The 11 metre long swimming pool, edged in marble, has a commanding view of the mountains and valley. Guests will enjoy the luxury of pool furniture with comfortable cushions and large pool towels, as well as take shade under the poolside pergola with soft floating drapes or in the nearby chestnut-beamed open-air pool house. Perched above the olive grove with a spectacular view of the 13th century Castello d'Aguila and with comfortable seating, the pool house is the perfect place for the children to play in the shade or for the grown ups to have cocktails later in the day as the sun goes down - a favourite place for relaxing and having fun. Croquet, bocce, and volleyball sets are available for the active, and hammocks for the less so! The numerous places to sit or lie in or out of the sun enable guests to relax, read a book, sip a cocktail, or simply while away the hours contemplating the universe!
Summary of features:
* Classic Tuscan farmhouse with wood, stone, and marble throughout
* Secluded setting of olives & woodland over 10 acres
* Large swimming pool, shaded pergola, and sunbeds
* An elegant pool house with comfortable seating
* A spacious outdoor cooking area with a traditional wood-burning pizza oven, open grill, and gas barbeque
* Several terraces and charming shaded areas for eating, entertaining, or just relaxing
* Traditional architecture
* 4 double bedrooms, all en-suite, and one additional bathroom on the ground floor.
* Fully-equipped chef's kitchen
* WiFi Internet connection and lap-top
* TV screen, dvd player, i-pod dock and speakers, CD player
* Books, board games, cds, and dvds
* Outstanding views from the house and the land
* Croquet, bocce, and volleyball sets
* Easy access to Cinque Terre, Lucca, Florence, and the Italian Riviera
* Ideal accommodation for 8 people
Casa Lucia is situated in northern Tuscany approximately ninety minutes drive north of Pisa Airport and near the town of Aulla in the Province of Massa-Carrara.
Casa Lucia is within easy access of major towns, cities, and attractions, such as Florence, Lucca, and Sarzana, and numerous medieval villages such as Fivizzano, Fosdinovo, and Equi Terme.
Coastal attractions include the beach resorts of Viareggio, Forte dei Marmi, Lerici, and the Gulf of Poets; the spectacular world heritage site of Le Cinque Terre; and the sophisticated towns of Santa Margarita and Portofino on the Italian Riviera.
Casa Lucia Location Facts:
* Region: Tuscany
* Province: Massa-Carrara
* Nearby Cities of Interest: Sarzana, Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Genoa, Parma
* Nearby Attractions: Cinque Terre, Gulf of Poets, Italian Riviera, Portofino, Garfagnana
The town of Fivizzano, just fifteen minutes away from Casa Lucia over the hill is nestled in valley that extends from the Appenines to the Apuan Alps.
Historically, Fivizzano has always been an important centre of the Lunigiana region and the castles, churches, and noble palaces are testament to its long and distinguished history.
Fivizzano gave itself to the Medici family in the fifteenth century. The walls of Fivizzano were erected by order of Cosimo de Medici in 1540, and the baroque font of the main square was constructed for Cosimo III in 1683. Every summer in July, Fivizzano is home to a medieval archery festival, “Disfida degli arceri di terra e di corte”, a colourful and charming event at which people dress in medieval clothes, stallholders cook and sell all types of traditional foods, and music fills the warm summer air.
Fivizzano has many amenities, including a supermarket, bakery, fishmonger, butcher, gas station, post office, banks, pharmacy, and many restaurants and coffee bars.
Beyond the walls of Fivizzano lies the village of Verrucola and its spectacular castle. Nearby are the Romanesque church of Saint Paul of Vendaso and the village of Soliera with the sanctuary of the Madonna of the Necks, the village of Sassalbo, and the Botanical Garden of the Frignoli.
About 30 to 40 minutes drive from Fivizzano are many other beautiful medieval towns, such as Pontremoli, Villefranca in Lunigiana, Cassola, Bagnone, and Sarzana.
There are so many things to enjoy in this wonderful, unspoiled and undiscovered part of Tuscany:
Outdoor Activities and Exploration
* Skippered and self-hired yachting and boat trips around the Gulf of Poets, Portovenere, and Cinque Terre
* Swimming in the Meditteranean at Lerici and Cinque Terre
* Hiking in the mountains and along the Garfagnana trail
* Road Cycling and Mountain Biking
* Rock climbing in the Garfagnana
* Hunting (Wild boar and pheasant in season)
* Snorkelling and ferry trips to the Island of Elba
* Skiing (approximately forty-five minutes drive away)
Music and Culture
* Painting classes (the area has become a haven for artists)
* Stone carving (Pietra Santa is a world-renowned destination for sculptors)
* Language study (Lucca has many language schools)
* Exploring the hundreds of medieval castles and fortresses of the area
* Open-air music festivals in Lucca and Sarzana
* Opera festivals (including the Puccini Opera Festival in Torre del Lago and open-air opera in Lucca)
* Easy day trips to Pisa, Lucca, and Florence.
Among the many festivals in Tuscany throughout the year, several are within very easy reach of Casa Lucia, including:
* Carnevale in Viareggio (February/March)
* The Palio of San Ranieri in Pisa (June)
* The ‘Disfida’ festival of archery in Fivizzano (July)
* The festa medievale in Fosdinovo (July)
* La Giostra dell’Orso (Joust of the Bear) in Pistoia (July)
* La Festa della Rificolono (Festival of the Lanterns) in Florence (September)
* Luminara di Santa Croce in Lucca (September)
* The Nativity festival in Equi Terme (December)
Food, Wine, and Shopping
* Wine Tours to the local wine regions
* Porcini Mushroom Picking in season
* Sample the sumptuous foods of the area in charming restaurants and bars
* Regular local markets in Aulla, Sarzana, and Lerici.
* Spectacular street markets in Forte dei Marmi, Florence, Sarzana, and Lerici.