The air conditioned apartment is in an original, ivy covered, stone built village house which has recently been entirely renovated (in 2010).
The renovation has been sensitively undertaken to provide modern comfort whilst retaining the considerable charm and character of this old property.
All modern appliances and services have been included such as wifi internet access, dishwasher, washing machine and air conditioning.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cannes 8 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nice 26 km, Nearest railway: Cannes 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The house is on the second floor, arranged over 2 floors:
Main Floor (on the second floor)
- Large, open plan kitchen and dining area, with South East facing wide bay window with views over the village church, rooftops and hills of Mougins with a distant view of the sea.
- Fully equipped kitchen including all modern appliances
- Living area with dining table for 6 people, phone/internet point.
- Air conditioning in living room
- Double bedroom with air conditioning, storage space and lots of conveniently positioned power sockets.
- En suite bathroom with bath, double wash basins and WC
- Separate family shower room with shower, wash basin and WC
- TV/Reading room with a sofa bed sleeping 1-2 people, satellite TV, DVD player, music system
- Twin bedroom with conveniently located sockets.
- Plentiful power sockets in all rooms
- Wifi internet connectivity
- The apartment is well situated within minutes of the village amenities, including the local grocer only a few minutes walk away and the plentiful restaurants from simple bistrots to fine dining.
- There are larger supermarkets within a short driving distance
|Further details outdoors|
Whilst the village is largely car free, adding to its charm, there is free parking in the village car parks at the entrance to the village.
There is a grocer 1 minute from the house where you can buy fresh bread, croissants and basic fruit, vegetables, washing powder and other provisions. 'Champion' supermarket is 3 minutes drive away in nearby Mougins town, with a large Carrefour in Antibes.
The wonderful fruit, vegetable and flower market of Forville in Cannes is only 10 minutes away, as is the famous 'Rue d'Antibes' which has good clothes and shoe shopping. There are plentiful restaurants in the village and bars and clubs in nearby Cannes.
The vibrant town of Nice is 25 minutes drive away, and a further 30 minutes East is the principality of Monaco, and then the border with Italy. Good eating and markets can be found in the villages of San Remo and Ventimiglia. To the west is the beautiful Lac St Cassien, the Esterel forest, the stunning Gorges de Verdon and pretty hilltop villages such as Fayence, Seillans and of course the star studded St Tropez.
Located 260m above sea level, the old village enjoys a grandiose panorama over Cannes and the Isles of Lerins, Mandelieu, Grasse and the Pre-Alps. The village is designed in the form of a snail shell, its streets forming a spiral shaped by the ancient village fortifications. Like all villages, Mougins was encircled in ramparts with a parapet walk, which have partly survived along with one remaining old village gate: la porte Sarrazine.
There are many restaurants in Mougins, from simple pizzerias to some of the best restaurants in the area.
Find a list of restaurants on the Mougins Tourist Office web site (click on 'gastronomie').