You will find this gem of a large, spacious and comfortable villa offering luxurious and versatile accommodation situated in an area of outstanding beauty in the Subbetica National Park approximately 50 miles north of Malaga. It is set in acres of olive groves and within minutes of the beautiful lake of Andalucia. It is the perfect setting for soaking up life here in the “real Spain”. It offers plentiful accommodation for 1, 2 or even 3 families being thoughtfully laid out offering privacy for each family or corporate bookings. Large table-tennis provided, fun for all the family. Stunning views stretch toward the mountains of Malaga to the south and the Sierra Nevada to the east with olive groves and mountains surrounding the house in all directions.
This villa is approved and registered with the Junta de Andalucia Tourism Office - VTAR/CO/114.
|Size||Sleeps up to 13, 6 bedrooms|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 4 En suites|
|Nearest beach||Lakeside Beach or Malaga|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malaga or Granada 90 km, Nearest railway: Bobadilla|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Single Beds (10), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The property consists of two buildings both accessed via a central courtyard.
* Large open plan area comprising, Kitchen, Dining Room and Lounge with open fireplace & ceiling fan
* Utility Room & Toilet
* Doors lead to top pool terraces
* Master Bedroom, air conditioning, ceiling fan with living area & wood burner & south-facing balcony
* Twin Bedroom with ceiling fan
* Family Bathroom
* Twin Bedroom with ceiling fan & en-suite Bathroom
* Bedroom with bunk beds and single foldaway bed & en-suite Bathroom
* Double Bedroom with ceiling fan, en-suite Bathroom & south-facing balcony
* Children's Bedroom with air conditioning & en-suite Bathroom with 3 single beds
|Further details outdoors|
* Many outside shaded areas with tables and chairs
* Impressive 8m x 4m Swimming Pool
* Outdoor Shower
* Large BBQ
* Thatched dining area and lounging area
* Sunloungers, inflatable pool toys etc
• Smoking is permitted outside of the accommodation only
• 25% non-refundable deposit due at time of booking
• Balance due 10 weeks prior to commencement of holiday
• To allow for cleaning - occupation not until 4.00pm, vacation by 10.00am
• All clients must have adequate holiday and personal medical insurance
• A welcome pack is provided
• English speaking Property Manager on hand to answer any questions
• Cots etc available on request
• A £200.00 refundable security deposit is required
• Beach/pool towels are supplied
Andalucia is home to a large and varied selection of towns, cities and places to visit:
SEVILLE - some 2.5 hours by car it is one of the largest historical centres in Europe.
MALAGA - About 1.15 hours by car, Malaga is the capital of the Costa del Sol with miles of sandy beaches.
GRANADA – 1.15 hours by car. Granada stands at the foot of Spain's highest mountain range, the Sierra Nevada and is famous for the Alhambra Palace and stunning gardens.
CORDOBA - 1.5 hours by car. Cordoba is home to the Great Mosque, or "Mezquita". In early May, homeowners proudly festoon their patios with flowers to compete for the city's "most beautiful courtyard" contest.
Iznajar appears like an island that rises out of the surrounding water and is perched on a hilltop. Its transformation occurred some years ago with the creation of the water reservoir, romantically named The Lake of Andalucia. Iznajar now has a waterfront overlooking an inland sea some 30kms long, and containing an estimated 900 million cubic metres of water.
The ruins of the 1,200-year-old castle are a key attraction Also worth visiting is the Santiago Church, built over time during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Iznajar also has a small but fascinating municipal museum, dedicated to its agricultural heritage and local customs.
Local cuisine reflects Iznajar's position in a prime pork production region, as well as variations on classic Andaluz platos. There are many local taverns and tapas bars in and around the village.
Semana Santa, Easter week is the most important festival here. Townsfolk come together to present a religious theatrical epic with key scenes from the bible and the crucifixion. They celebrate the day of San Marcos on April 25 by quitting the town entirely for a mass picnic in the countryside at Valdearenas, the lakeside beach. Iznajar's annual September feria usually takes place from September 7-10.
We can arrange the following services to make your stay in this beautiful country even more memorable. Pre-booking is essential, please contact us for details.
• Reiki & Massage Therapy – A fully qualified beautician offers treatments by the poolside whilst you relax in the sun
• Extreme Sports Adventure – A thrilling day out quadbiking or snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada
• Painting Days – Treat yourself to a relaxing day with a local artist in her art studio
• Bird Watching - Organised trips around the local countryside
However, if your ideal holiday is to explore further afield then there is much on offer within easy reach from water parks, wolf park, and cultural visits to skiing in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
If there is any activity you are particularly interested in, let us know when you book and we will do our best to help you.