from £61 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Ski chalet Cortina Dolomites – Home 306723 Apartment
- 2 bedrooms
- 6 sleeps
- min stay varies
Ski chalet Cortina Dolomites – Home 306723
- 2 bedrooms
- sleeps 6
- min stay varies
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom / sleeps 6
- Nearest beach 0 km
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- Pet friendly
Description from owner
The apartment is one of five within a typical ski chalet of wooden and white stone, located just a few steps away from the edge of a small mountain lake. This green spot in the very heart of the Dolomites is a peaceful place ideal for relax in one of the most famous ski resort of the whole Alps. In its 70 sq. m / 753 sq. ft you will find a large living room with a fireplace, two bedrooms furnished in the ancient traditional style of Cortina, one bathroom and a small but well equipped kitchen. The best part by far, however is the wide terrace with its 270° view on the mountains of the Ampezzo valley and the 7000 sq. m. / 8.400 sq. yd. homeowners' garden. Washing machine, independent heating system and heated garage in winter count toward the comforts for your holiday. Since the house is situated on the way to one of the two principal ski areas in Cortina (that of mount Cristallo and mount Faloria) and 3 Km / 1,8 mi. away from the town centre, it is especially recommended for
The apartment is one of five within a typical ski chalet of wooden and white stone, located just a few steps away from the edge of a small mountain lake. This green spot in the very heart of the Dolomites is a peaceful place ideal for relax in one of the most famous ski resort of the whole Alps. In its 70 sq. m / 753 sq. ft you will find a large living room with a fireplace, two bedrooms furnished in the ancient traditional style of Cortina, one bathroom and a small but well equipped kitchen. The best part by far, however is the wide terrace with its 270° view on the mountains of the Ampezzo valley and the 7000 sq. m. / 8.400 sq. yd. homeowners' garden. Washing machine, independent heating system and heated garage in winter count toward the comforts for your holiday. Since the house is situated on the way to one of the two principal ski areas in Cortina (that of mount Cristallo and mount Faloria) and 3 Km / 1,8 mi. away from the town centre, it is especially recommended for families and people who love doing sport in the open-air and the calmness of the uncontaminated nature.
Location description from owner
The Veneto region
Cortina (ca. 6.000 inhabitants) is a small town but also the most important municipality in the Ampezzo valley, which is a wide and therefore sunny vale in the middle of the Dolomites. These represent maybe the most famous mountain range in the whole Alps, because of the unique mineral composition of the so called “dolomite rock”, that lend to these mountains their astounding sharp shape and their characteristic red-bronzed colour. The administrative centre and county seat of the North-Eastern district in Italy is Venice (no need to introduce it ;-)), about 150 Km. / 93 mi. away from Cortina by motorway.
In winter you can easily get by ski or by car to the best winter resorts of the Dolomites, such as the Gardena-, Puster- and Badia valleys, which open up all around the 42 Km. / 26,10 mi. long ski circuit called “Sella Ronda”. As an alternative, you can reach from here some of the most attractive towns and ski resorts of the Eastern Alps such as Ortisei (St. Ulrich) and Brunico (Bruneck).
In summer you can walk, bike or in some cases go fishing around the many lakes of the region (the lakes called Braies/Pragser and Carezza/Karer are just two examples) and if you have time you can also get to the famous lake Garda, about 200 Km. / 125 mi. away from Cortina. If you want to swim we highly recommend some warmer waters, such as those of the Adriatic sea on the renowned Lignano Sabbiadoro's beach, near Venice.
Another unrivalled experience (in summer as well as in winter) is to ski along the eternal glacier of the Marmolada, which is the highest and coldest mountain group in the Dolomites.
Other places of interest in the region are Padova (Distance: ca. 180 Km / 110 mi.), cradle of modern painting thanks to the works of Giotto, Vicenza (Dist.: ca. 210 Km. / 130 mi.), birthplace of the classical architecture of the late Renaissance as host of the greatest masterpieces of Palladio, and Verona (Dist. ca. 250 Km. / 155 mi.), setting place of the tragedy “Romeo and Juliet” and homeland of the Italian Opera.
Cortina d'Ampezzo, the so called “Pearl of the Dolomites”, can be proud of three exceptional peculiarities:
- Its mountain microclimate, due to the altitude of the town (1.224 m. / 4.015 ft.) and to the expansive conformation of this valley, is very sunny and warm. As a result, the temperature here is fresh in summer (average temperature Jun. – Aug.: 15,5°C / 59,90°F) and not too cold in winter (av. temp. Jan. – Apr.: 2°C. / 35,60°F). The ski slopes are, nevertheless, guaranteed to be covered with either natural or artificial snow during the whole season.
- Its sport package both in winter and in the summertime.
The winter sports: the ski district of Cortina alone covers more than 140 Km. / 87 mi. of ski slopes divided in four different levels of difficulty (green, blue, red and black) which are suitable for every skier, from the beginner to the expert. There are also some tracks specific for babies and children, who can be trained from the instructors of the 90 years old ski school of Cortina. It's also possible to practice cross country skiing along the 60 Km. / 37 mi. of tracks of the Ampezzo valley. In addition to this, the ski district of Cortina is included in the ticket Dolomiti Superski, which allows you to enjoy the use of 450 different ski lifts and of 1200 Km. / 745 mi. of ski slopes, whence it represents one of the biggest ski areas of the world. Here you can practice not just Alpine and cross country skiing but every sort of winter sport one can imagine, such as snowboarding (with 24 different snow-parks), ice skating, sledging, wandering with the snowshoes, hockey, curling, snowballs fighting...
The summer sports: Cortina is situated in a very convenient location in the Dolomites because it's surrounded by two natural parks (Sennes – Braies Regional Park and Tre Cime Natural Park) and one natural reserve (Somadida State Reserve). The various species of birds and wild animals (chamois, steinbock, ermines) you can observe while you are wandering thorough grazing lands, woods and clefts are comparable only with the luxuriance of the plant life (fir-trees, wild flowers and tasty mushrooms). There are some really stunning places around which we highly recommend to hike over, like the famous "Three Peaks" of Lavaredo and lake Misurina, (less than 10 Km. / 6,21 mi. far from our home!) Apart from trekking and mountain biking, our suggestions about sport activities in the summertime include free-climbing (if needed, with the support of the Cortina climbing school) and paragliding in tandem or, if you prefer something more relaxing, playing tennis or swimming in the public indoor swimming pool. Horseback riding, playing golf and polo could be appropriate for people who like to pamper themselves when they have holidays :-).
- Its fame as one of the most elegant ski resort in Italy: to be honest, the aspect that we, old devotee of this valley, truly appreciate is very simple: Cortina is a beautiful small town (not an hick-town), in which you can stroll along the promenade enjoying the view of the traditional buildings with their graceful pitched roofs and their wonderful shop windows, always having these incredible mountains on the background. To have the choice between different kinds of entertainment is very important especially for those people, who don't like to ski or have difficulties to hike for long distances along the slopes or who just want to enjoy the mountain without being fanatical for the sport; and that marks an important difference between Cortina and almost every other ski resort in Italy. Since 50 years the name of Cortina indicates a meeting point for the high-society in Italy and abroad, not just for outstanding exponents of the upper-class but often also for celebrities. It would be difficult to find a better place in the Dolomites to go shopping in such stylish (yet still traditional at times) boutiques or to taste the delicacies of the original North-Eastern Italian cookery in such exclusive restaurants (very close to our home are highly recommended the refined restaurant Lago Scin and, for its good quality at reasonable prices, the restaurant El brite de Larieto at a distance of 1 Km. / 0,6 mi. on the way to the lake Misurina). For your entertainment there are also a lots of trendy bars, gorgeous cafés, several nightclubs, public events like auctions, fashion shows, vintage and sport cars parades and plenty of sport events (polo, hockey and ski skating on top of the list). Cortina is also renowned to be the place where motion pictures such as “James Bond” and “Cliffhanger” were shot and to have hosted the Winter Olympics as well as various world cup events. In those many different occasions a new Olympic ice stadium, a bobsledding run, a skating rink and a ski jump were built, to which, during the following years, also a tennis stadium and a water palace were added.
- Great for children of all ages
- Pets welcome
- Cot available
Bed & bathroom
- 1 Double Bed, 4 Single Beds, 1 Cot available
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Mountain Views
- Shared garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- Yes, smoking allowed
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
Anna Maria M.
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated::
- 02 Feb 2017
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, Italian
This Apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and sleeps 6. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 29 Jan 2013. Located in Province of Belluno, it has 7 reviews with an overall rating of 4.5. The average weekly rate varies from £424 to £848.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 02 Feb 2017.
Map and how to get there
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours