from £1053 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Chateau de Naugues – Home 102862 Chateau
- 8 bedrooms
- 16 sleeps
- 2 nights min stay
Chateau de Naugues – Home 102862
- 8 bedrooms
- sleeps 16
- 2 nights min stay
Chateau / 8 bedrooms / 8 bathrooms / sleeps 16
- Swimming pool
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- No pets allowed
- Private garden
Description from manager
The 'Haussman' design gives the château an unusual style for the area. The façade is richly decorated with mouldings and sculptures, and the central round tower that serves as a winter garden, adds a romantic touch. All the original features have been conserved in the living room, dining room and bedrooms. From the balcony on the tower you can take in the superb view across the village and the surrounding vineyards. The Château has 8 luxury bedrooms (each with its own private en-suite bathroom), a spacious living room decorated with a 19th Century panoramic fresque, a dining room, kitchen, winter garden, gym & relaxation room and sauna. Behind the château the terraced garden looks across to the pool area and the vineyards beyond. A stone stairway, hidden amongst fig trees, gives access to the bottom of the garden with its fruit trees and borders of wild lavender. The summer house, next to the pool, is equipped with a kitchen including refrigerator,
The 'Haussman' design gives the château an unusual style for the area. The façade is richly decorated with mouldings and sculptures, and the central round tower that serves as a winter garden, adds a romantic touch. All the original features have been conserved in the living room, dining room and bedrooms. From the balcony on the tower you can take in the superb view across the village and the surrounding vineyards. The Château has 8 luxury bedrooms (each with its own private en-suite bathroom), a spacious living room decorated with a 19th Century panoramic fresque, a dining room, kitchen, winter garden, gym & relaxation room and sauna. Behind the château the terraced garden looks across to the pool area and the vineyards beyond. A stone stairway, hidden amongst fig trees, gives access to the bottom of the garden with its fruit trees and borders of wild lavender. The summer house, next to the pool, is equipped with a kitchen including refrigerator, sink, ceramic hob, microwave, plus all the necessary glasses and crockery. Next to the summer house is the stone barbecue inviting poolside lunch parties and aperitifs during long summer evenings…a heavenly haven!
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
Further details indoors
The Chateau has 8 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. There are 5 doubles & 3 twins (the twins can be converted in to doubles if needed). The beds are made up for your arrival. Two cots are also available. Two of the bedrooms are 'VIP bedrooms' with views out across the park and the vineyards, one of them also has a 10m2 balcony. Both have HD television with TNT channels, Blu-ray DVD player, bath with massage jets, double washbasin and hairdryer. The 8 bathrooms have been stylishly fitted with your comfort in mind. Each has a WC, a washbasin and either a shower or bath. Towels and toiletries are provided on arrival.
The living room has an open fireplace that dates back to the 19th Century. Logs are provided enabling you to make the most of evenings around the fire with family or friends. You will also appreciate the 19th Century fresque that covers all four walls of the room. The room is extremely light and airy, with large windows opening out onto the park. The moulded ceilings, the wood panelling and the oak floor are all original and create a wonderful atmosphere. The central tower is arranged as a winter garden and being next to the living room it serves as a doorway out to the garden and pool. This is also the smokers area as smoking is prohibited in the rest of the chateau.
You are sure to appreciate the spacious leisure area in the basement with its gym, sauna and relaxation area. The decoration and furnishings have been chosen with greatest care offering a mix of traditional and contemporary styles. The beds are made up for your arrival and towels and toiletries are provided. High definition television, blu-ray DVD and wireless internet are all available.
Please note that full property descriptions, photographs, availability & prices are kept up to date on my website which you can visit by clicking on my personal website link below.
Further details outdoors
Outside the 5x10m heated swimming pool is open from April to October. The shallow end is a metre deep and goes down to around 1.9m. Spend hot afternoons lazing around the pool on one of the sunloungers with the summer house and garden table nearby for lunch by the pool or dinner on a balmy summer evening. Four bicycles and two child seats are provided at no extra charge. 16 ‘pétanque’ boules can be found at the château in case you fancy a boules contest between friends. There is a traditional barbecue just next to the summer house by the pool.
Location description from manager
The Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region
The local village with all the necessary shops is just 2km from the chateau. Chalon sur Saône is 13km away and the Hypermarket is 10km. Other towns worth visiting include Beaune 26 km, Cluny 52 km, Autun 39 km, Mâcon 73 km and Dijon 80 km.
Things to do
- Museum of Photography – Chalon-sur-Saône (13 km)
- Hospices de Beaune – Beaune (26 km)
- Château de Couches – Couches (14 km). Clinging to its rock, the Château de Couches soars up amidst the green and rolling landscape of the vineyards of the ‘Côte Chalonnaise’.
- Château de Cormatin – Cormatin (38 km). Built in the 17th century on the remains of a 13th century castle, the Château de Cormatin is without a doubt one of the most elegant châteaux in Burgundy.
- The Hérisson Falls – Jura (110 km). Two streams join to make a series of waterfalls, each one more beautiful than the last.
- Cluny Abbey – Cluny (52 km). This Benedictine abbey, built in the 10th century, was the centre of the religious world and the church was no less than the largest in the Christian world!
- Chalon dans la Rue – Chalon-sur-Saône (13 km). Each year, during the 3rd weekend in July (from the Thursday evening until Sunday evening), the streets of Chalon-sur-Saône are transformed into the stage of a multitude of live performances (jugglers, plays, concerts, acrobats,circus acts etc) during the biggest festival of street theatre in France.
- Fun Park des Combes – le Creusot (27 km)
- Green Way – Chalon-sur-Saône (10 km). From Chalon-sur-Saône to Charnay-les-Macon tens of kilometres of old railway track have been converted into a cycle track. Surrounded by rolling landscapes, alternating between vineyards and forest.
- Acrogivry – Givry (10 km). At Givry, 6 hectares of oak trees are reserved for adventure in the tree tops! More than 18 circuits and 150 aerial games have been created for visitors from young children to really tough adventurers!
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- 2 Cots available
- High chair available
Bed & bathroom
- 5 Double Beds, 6 Single Beds, 2 Cots available
- 8 En suites
- Wi-Fi available
- Private outdoor pool (heated)
- Private garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Bicycles available
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Games room
- Washing machine
- High chair available
- Satellite TV
- Video player
- DVD player
- CD player
- Fax machine
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the manager
- Calendar updated::
- 23 Apr 2017
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
Languages spoken: English, French, Spanish, Italian
This Chateau has 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms and sleeps 16. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 02 Oct 2009. Located in Saone-et-Loire, the average weekly rate varies from £4209 to £6042.
The property’s calendar was last updated on 23 Apr 2017.
Map and how to get there
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours