Truman House: Great 2 bedroom flat with roof terrace, 10 minutes from Tower Bridge
from £195 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £195 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 78863
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Outside Truman House.
• Two minutes walk to Aldgate East tube station (Hammersmith & City, District lines) in Zone One with easy access to all central London destinations and beyond. Ideal for the holiday maker or business person.
• The apartment is in a stunning new development, just off Whitechapel High Street. A few minutes from Brick Lane, Whitechapel Art Gallery, Aldgate East tube and all the markets, nightlife, galleries, cafes, bars, clubs of Shoreditch. At the end of the street is a Starbucks and Tesco Metro supermarket for your convenience.
FOR UP TO DATE AVAILABILITY OF ALL OF MY PROPERTIES - PLEASE CHECK MY OWN WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON 'VISIT THE ADVERTISER'S WEBSITE' IN MY CONTACT DETAILS BELOW..
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Brighton 60 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: City Airport 5 km, Nearest railway: Liverpool Street 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Stylish Contemporary Layout.
• The beautiful fitted kitchen (designed by Urban Myth) in the open plan living area has fridge/freezer, cooker/gas hob/extractor, washer/dryer, microwave and dishwasher. All cooking equipment, cutlery, crockery and pots and pans are provided, as are towels and bed linen.
• The whole apartment is heated with state of the art modern gas powered underfloor central heating.
• A 37 inch plasma TV on the wall comes with with CD/DVD/hifi and Free view channels. There is also high speed broadband (wireless) and wifi if requested.
• The solid oak dining table can accommodate six people comfortably in six luxurious leather dining chairs.
• Luxurious hard wood maple flooring throughout all rooms (including bedrooms - stone tiles in bathrooms) with solid mahogony doors to all rooms. The entire apartment is finished to a superior quality and has some great special features (anti mist mirrors in bathrooms, discreet ventilation to kitchen and bathrooms, large waterfall style shower heads in both bathrooms, visual/audio entry system, designer kitchen, underfloor heating with thermostats in all rooms, large thermostat controlled towel heaters rails).
• The master bedroom has a king size bed and cot if required. The second bedroom has the option of twins (two singles) or super king size bed. There are built in wardrobes with plenty of space for clothing in both bedrooms. The master bedroom has direct access to the balcony.
• There is room for two single beds in the living room. This is a large living room and so no need for a sofa bed or to keep making additional beds. The beds can remain made and still allow you to use the open plan living area in comfort.
|Further details outdoors|
• There is access to a private balcony from both living room and master bedroom. There is also a spectacular roof terrace on the top floor with stunning views of central London (panoramic).
• There is a large Sainsbury's supermarket 10 minutes walk (as well as the well equipped Tesco Metro at the end of the road). There is also a Starbucks cafe within a minute from the apartment.
• This property is perfect for both holiday makers and business people. It's located right on the edge of the Square Mile and City of London and edge of the vehicle congestion zone (no charge here), yet in a bustling, vibrant area with hundreds of restaurants, bars, clubs, markets and places of interest. Tower Bridge and the Thames River are 10 minutes walk.
• PLEASE NOTE, I HAVE ANOTHER PROPERTY WHICH YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE (10 MINUTES WALK AWAY) SEE DETAILS AT MY WEBSITE, OR CLICK ON PROPERTY REF 67983
• Optional extras can include broadband/wifi, travel cot and high chair.
• Remote key collection with security desk makes checking in flexible and straight forward.
• You can see both my London properties at my website (or scrolling down to the bottom of this property profile and you should see 'other properties').
The London region
• Whether it is ideas for a family holiday, a romantic break for two or simply information on days out, city breaks, shopping trips, spa days, history and heritage or outdoor activities, you will find it here in South East England.
• London is the capital of Britain, and has something to offer everyone - majestic stately houses, tranquil green parks and a zoo, engrossing museums and art galleries and bustling shopping centres with all the major stores, specialist shops and markets.
Central London/Zone 1
All minutes from the apartment..
• Famous Brick Lane. Famous for its great curry houses. Apart from the array of cultures and eateries found in the area, Brick Lane is also well known as a theatrical centre, with plenty of up and coming talent regularly playing in its theatres.
• More recently, Brick Lane has become famous for having some of the most popular and well-known night clubs including The Vibe Bar and 93 Feet East. Brick Lane also has the largest showcase for young and new designers, which attracts worldwide attention.
• Whitechapel Art Gallery was founded in 1901 to bring great art to the people of East London. The Gallery is internationally acclaimed for its exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and its pioneering education and public events programmes. ‘The Whitechapel taught Britain to love Modern Art.’ The Guardian.
• Columbia Road is the East End's famous plants and flower market. On Sundays - from 7am to 2pm - this tiny street is transformed into a blaze of colour when plants and flowers fill the area.
• Old Spitalfields Market, or simply 'Spitalfields' as it is fondly known, is the world-famous East London destination. Home to a flourishing creative community, Spitalfields has over the last 14 years secured a place at the forefront of interiors, fashion, the arts and food.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
31 Aug 2015
"Great location, great value."
Unit is well appointed and in a great location for tourists with a Tesco Supermarket virtually down stairs and a Tube Station just a couple of minutes away. It is also great value especially for the location.
1 Apr 2015
"Great location! Perfect for a holiday in London!"
Our group of five really enjoyed our stay at the Truman House. Our inquires and booking were taken care of efficiently. The flat is very easy to find and access. It's a two minute walk to the Aldgate East underground and there is a bus stop at the end of the street. Great location for getting around the city easily. There are two Tescos and a Starbucks right down the street and plenty of dining choices nearby. We felt safe in the area and the building has great security. We had two couples in the spacious bedrooms and one single in the living area. There was plenty of room for everyone to relax after sightseeing all day. The beds are large and very comfortable including the cots. The shower heads are amazing! The kitchen is fully equipped if you plan to cook. Everything was clean and tidy for our arrival. There is a bit of wear and tear to the flat, but nothing that couldn't be overlooked. The lighting is a bit on the dim side, but you get used to it after awhile. We definitely recommend going up to the rooftop terrace! Great views of the city during the day and especially at night! We would definitely stay here again if we return to London and recommend it to our friends and family. Thank you again Graham for a lovely stay! Cheers!
9 Apr 2014
"A perfect place to explore an exciting side of London"
Having grown up in London we all knew the area, but over the years we have moved out of the capital and we decide that we wanted a good weekend in town without having to get taxis home and rather than a hotel we decided to go for an apartment. This place ticked all the boxes, easy to get into town, 2 decent rooms, a living room and a kitchen. It was clean and tidy, a bit of general ware and tear but still a good condition. The best bit is the location; it's easy to get into the City and the West End but you get the vibrancy of East of the City, which means Brick Lane, Spitalfields and Columbia Flower Market to name a few and all within walking distance which is perfect. The icing in the cake is that it's less than 3 minutes from Tayyabs, one of the best Indian restaurants. The owner was very easy to deal with, we were contacted a day or 2 before we were due with directions for key collection which was nice and easy and swift confirmation of returned deposit after the rental. If there's a group of you looking for somewhere 'different' to stay in London that isn't on the usual tourist route but you can still get into London with ease this place is great.
2 Mar 2014
"Lovely comfortable apartment and a great location for tourists."
The apartment is around a 4 minute walk from Aldgate East tube station, around 12 minutes to the Tower Gateway DLR station and on a direct tube link to King's Cross Station. There's a good sized Tesco about 30 seconds walk from the apartment and many restaurants and take aways in the surrounding area. The apartment itself is very clean, cosy, comfortable and spacious. The under floor heating was great in February. The kitchen is very well equipped with plenty of crockery, glasses, etc for the 5 of us. The coffee machine was great for having plenty of fresh coffee at breakfast. We had a single bed put up in the lounge area which was very comfortable. It didn't make the lounge area feel cramped and we still had plenty of space to relax on the very comfortable sofa. Lovely big dining table with seating for 6 people. There was some noise at night but that's the price you pay for being so central in an area with lots of amenities round about. Unless you're on a high up floor , noise is to be expected from cars, passers-by & emergency services in central London. The beds were very comfortable so the noise never kept me awake although it did disrupt my son a bit on the Friday night. I would agree with an earlier comment that brighter lights in the bathroom would be beneficial. A bit too low level for applying make-up or shaving. We had some trouble with the temperature of the showers being a bit variable. Suddenly going cold in the middle of shampooing hair!! Fabulous big shower heads though so had great showers when the temperature sorted itself out. Although we managed fine with the towels provided, a spare couple of bath towels in the apartment would have been handy. Having a shower in the morning & then before going out at night meant that we had to dry the towels on the heated towel rails before heading out for the day as it was recommended to turn the rails off when not in the apartment. (Fair comment from a safety perspective) The wi-fi didn't seem to work when the kids were trying to listen to music, watch iplayer or movies. I found it worked fine for browsing details of restaurants, tourist attractions, etc although was very reluctant to work on Google Maps for some reason. One of the real WOW features of this apartment is the roof terrace. We ventured up there on our first night & couldn't believe the amazing views across the city at night. Fabulous views of The Shard, The Walkie Talkie, Tower 42, Gherkin, Canary Wharf, etc. It really made you realise how close this apartment is to The City. Graham was very easy to deal with in advance of our visit with clear communication around key collection, etc. We would definitely consider returning to this apartment if visiting London again in the future.
31 Aug 2012
"Lovely clean apartment - great location"
My friends and I stayed in this lovely apartment for a long weekend in London. We found in a very clean and tidy condition in a great location good for getting around London. The kitchen is very well equipped, there are 2 bedrooms, one of which is ensuite and another bathroom. We had a great time here and would highly recommend. We will definately be staying here again.
11 Mar 2012
"Great spot in a little known part of London"
On previous trips to London we had always stayed in the West End, but one of my daughters recently moved to this neighborhood and we wanted to rent an apartment close by so it would be easy to visit with her. Truman House was ideally located, very convenient to The Aldgate East tube stop (District Line, easy access to West End). Because of the location we were able to explore little known but very interesting parts of the City, Spitalfields and the East End, that we never would have visited otherwise. The apartment itself was very nice, the kitchen had all necessary equipment, the beds were extremely comfortable. the only criticism I have is the lighting, especially in the bathrooms, and the main living area, it is very dim and somewhat cold feeling. This could easily be changed by using warmer bulbs in the ceiling lighting, and a few more table lamps in the seating area. If you are looking for an off the beaten path experience, you can really see some great parts of London from here. Overall a great experience.
15 Sep 2011
"Great apartment for a stay in London"
This apartment was great for our short business/pleasure stay in London. It was exactly as described on the website & the owner was very helpful with our booking. The apartment had everything you would need, was clean on arrival and the bed was really comfy! Convenient for the tube into the centre of London.
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
70% Response rate
Calendar last updated:04 Oct 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- +44 12733 11590
- +44 77996 94729
- +44 70920 20796