Old school loft apartment near Tower Bridge, London
from £238 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £238 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 67983
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Beautiful, modern, contemporary loft style apartment.
• In the heart of Whitechapel and conveniently located for Zone 1 Whitechapel Tube (two stops to Liverpool Street Station or a few stops to heart of London and the West End).
• Set in a peaceful, secure, gated development with 24 hour security and concierge. The apartment looks on to the courtyard with mature trees and fairy lights giving a peaceful atmosphere. There is no traffic or street noise.
• The apartment building was once a school from the Victorian times and has now been stylishly converted in to luxury contemporary apartments elegantly mixing old with new.
• There is a large Sainsbury's Supermarket 5 minutes walk, as well as hundreds of cafes, shops, pubs, bars and clubs on the High Street, Brick Lane, Spitalfields and beyond in Shoreditch (all walking distance).
FOR UP TO DATE AVAILABILITY OF ALL OF MY PROPERTIES - PLEASE CHECK MY OWN WEBSITE BY CLICKING ON 'VISIT THE ADVERTISER'S WEBSITE' IN MY CONTACT DETAILS BELOW..
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Brighton 50 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||10 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: London City 5 km, Nearest railway: Liverpool Street 10 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Inside the loft apartment. • Beautiful fitted contemporary kitchen (dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, fridge/freezer, oven/hob/extractor) in an open plan living area, furnished with stone worktops and task lighting. Both bathrooms have wall hung toilets, designer sinks and mosaic tiling. • Venetian blinds on the west elevation are electronically operated with remote control allowing for just the right amount of light to flood the apartment from the west facing aspect.
UPSTAIRS BEDROOM AREA. The upper floor dramatically overlooks the living space below. It’s divided in two with a shoulder high partition - an area for the master bed (a super king sized solid maple bed) and a separate study or guest bedroom area (with additional two single beds). There is a walk in wardrobe with plenty of storage space and an en suite bathroom off this area with shower/hot tub.
DOWNSTAIRS BEDROOM. There is a separate double bedroom with lots of storage. The hall leads to an additional bathroom with shower enclosure. • Design features such as enamelled pendant light fittings in the double-height apartment dramatise the space, whilst handmade English ironmongery reflects the building’s heritage. The apartment has exposed brickwork and steel beams together with original sash windows. All retain their original architectural detailing. • Large powerful modern wall heaters with a central heating control panel heat the apartment quickly.
|Further details outdoors|
• The arrangement of spaces together with intelligent detailing seamlessly merges old with new, breathing life into this grand old building with it's Dutch gable ends and high Palladian style windows. • All entry points are operated with electronic key fob. The main entrance has a helpful 24 hour concierge/security guard. There is CCTV all over the development for additional safety and security.• The apartment comes with allocated parking (at additional cost).• PLEASE NOTE, I HAVE ANOTHER PROPERTY WHICH YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE (15 MINUTES WALK AWAY) SEE DETAILS AT MY WEBSITE, OR CLICK ON PROPERTY REF 78863
• Optional extras can include broadband/wifi, travel cot, secure onsite parking and high chair. • Remote key collection with security desk makes checking in flexible and straight forward.• You can see both my London properties at my website (or scrolling down to the bottom of this property profile and you should see 'other properties').
The London region
• Whether it is ideas for a family holiday, a romantic break for two or simply information on days out, city breaks, shopping trips, spa days, history and heritage or outdoor activities, you will find it here in South East England.
• London is the capital of Britain, and has something to offer everyone - majestic stately houses, tranquil green parks and a zoo, engrossing museums and art galleries and bustling shopping centres with all the major stores, specialist shops and markets.
Central London/Zone 1
All minutes from the apartment..
• Famous Brick Lane. Famous for its great curry houses. Apart from the array of cultures and eateries found in the area, Brick Lane is also well known as a theatrical centre, with plenty of up and coming talent regularly playing in its theatres.
• More recently, Brick Lane has become famous for having some of the most popular and well-known night clubs including The Vibe Bar and 93 Feet East. Brick Lane also has the largest showcase for young and new designers, which attracts worldwide attention.
• Whitechapel Art Gallery was founded in 1901 to bring great art to the people of East London. The Gallery is internationally acclaimed for its exhibitions of modern and contemporary art and its pioneering education and public events programmes. ‘The Whitechapel taught Britain to love Modern Art.’ The Guardian.
• Columbia Road is the East End's famous plants and flower market. On Sundays - from 7am to 2pm - this tiny street is transformed into a blaze of colour when plants and flowers fill the area.
• Old Spitalfields Market, or simply 'Spitalfields' as it is fondly known, is the world-famous East London destination. Home to a flourishing creative community, Spitalfields has over the last 14 years secured a place at the forefront of interiors, fashion, the arts and food.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
22 Sep 2014
We were visitng London to take part in a powerlifting competition in Bethnal Green. As there were 5 of us we wanted to stay together so an apartment seemed like the best choice. The Old School Loft Apartment was perfect for our needs - it was in a lovely, quiet apartment complex and was only 1.5 miles from the competition venue. It was spacious and comfortable inside which meant we could relax before and after the competition. All the beds were comfy and the showers were lovely and powerful. The kitchen was well appointed with everything we needed for cooking meals. There was plenty of space for us and all of our kit. The communal areas were clean and nicely decorated which just made our stay feel a bit more special than crashing in a Travelodge or similar. The apartment was easy to get to from Paddington Station and a short walk from a large Sainsburys so we could stock up the (large) fridge. The security guard was really helpful when we arrived and helped us with ordering taxis or finding the shops. Unfortunately our competition finished too late for us to explore the surrounding area but there were plenty of places to eat within walking distance and the Tube station was very close for exploring further afield. I'd very happily stay here again - it was very luxurious and comfortable and excellent value for money.
11 Mar 2014
"feeling at home"
The old school, loft apartment made us feel at home while visiting London for 6 days. Well located (10-12 min. away from the closest underground entrance) well furnished, clean, warm and cozy we all were looking forward to getting there at night after every exciting and exhausting day!!!!
21 Oct 2012
"Excellent for travelling with young children"
This is very good holiday rental place. It is as the ad says it is. There were no surprises, really. It seems to be well managed, and there is a number to call in case of need. It suited us very well, because the configuration allowed the children to sleep a half-wall away from their parents. The older person had aground floor bedroom away from the young family. For people unable to climb stairs: there is a small W/C with a shower and a very narrow sink on the ground floor, but I rather doubt if it is truly wheelchair accessible. In any case one can get into the place without even one step up into the building.
1 Jun 2012
"Great Appartment, close to the city center"
We travelled with my sister and her children (13 & 10 years old) and the 6 of us had a lovely stay. Pictures are accurate and we found what we were expecting. It is a lovely apartment with huge windows. All mattresses are very comfortable (no folding beds/sofa bed). The living room/kitchen is roomy. Any gadget we needed was there and also some "basics" like sugar, coffee or tea and even dishwashing liquid. The building has a 24-hour security guard. It is just 5 minutes walk to Mile End Road, where you find the Tube Station (Whitechapel), several buses going to the City Center and a big Sainsbury's Supermarket. The owner provided a lot of support and information and the instructions given were very clear so it really helped us a lot to have a remarkable stay in London -- Thanks again Graham!
2 Aug 2011
"Confortable y con estilo"
Alquilamos este loft durante una semana de vacaciones en julio 2011. El edificio estaba reformado y con un estilo moderno y funcional. El loft tiene dos plantas comunicadas, pero manteniendo la necesaria intimidad. Estaba equipado con todo lo necesario y con las mejores calidades: sofá de piel, colchones estupendos, mobiliario funcional y en perfecto estado, cocina completa, etc. La atención del propietario y personal de seguridad de la finca fue excelente. La zona es muy tranquila y cercana a Liverpool street, y hay que andar unos 10 minutos para acceder al metro y autobuses que te lleven al centro. Por poner algún inconveniente, el precio es algo elevado, pero en Londres... ya se sabe. Uno de los baños era demasiado pequeño. Lo recomiendo.
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:26 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- +44 70920 20796