Tuscan farmhouse rental in beautiful countryside,
from £106 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £106 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Farmhouse / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 11 Home 89868
Availability Your dates are available
Farmhouse / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 11
The farmhouse is situated in a tiny hamlet, giving a real feel of olde worlde traditional Italy, without compromising on privacy at the pool area, and with the most wonderful uninterrupted panoramic view.
This spacious, 3 storey property with traditional Tuscan Arches, has been recently restored, with care taken to retain original features. There are beamed ceilings throughout, an original fireplace, wood flooring and a hand made kitchen.
This 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom farmhouse is ideal for families – it is a real home from home, and is lived in by the owners over the Winter months. Some of the bedrooms are ideal for children; a 2.5 metre trampoline with safety net in the pool area; a proper bath for those children who hate showers; and the pool has been cleverly designed to give a sitting area perfect for the little ones, with lots of room for adults to swim too. Wifi internet access.
Great for those that require a good deal of space, there is a large living room, kitchen, separate dining room complete with piano,....
Externally, there is a terrace leading from the dining room, which has wondrous views over the mountains, a ground floor eating area, a large garden and a beautiful pool, with further covered eating area, BBQ, sink, and drinks fridge.
Property is located in small hamlet and public parking in little area, 30 seconds from house. There are around 30 wideish steps leading down.
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 5 bedrooms|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Nearest Amenities||2.4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa 90 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (5), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Trampoline|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
• Enter house via courtyard, into large bright living room with comfy seating, DVD, CD player. Free wireless internet access is available. This room leads through to fully equipped hand made kitchen, with dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and aga. Beamed ceilings.
• The kitchen is 'open plan' via square arch into traditional style dining room with large original fireplace, piano and sofa. Beamed ceilings
• The dining room leads out onto pretty terrace perfect for breakfast and pre dinner drinks.
• Also on the ground floor , and a shower room.
• • The living room has stairs leading to the first floor which accommodates 4 bedrooms:
• • Master bedroom with double aspect, arch vaulted beamed ceilings, wooden floors, sky light, and amazing views
• Twin room with beamed ceilings
• Twin room with one standard sized bed at normal height and one shorter bed on a raised level.
• Single room with beamed ceilings
• • Also on this floor is the spacious family bathroom complete with bathtub and hand held shower attachment; WC, sink and bidet. Arch vaulted beamed ceilings
• • The ground floor leads down to 'basement' which houses the boiler room, utility room with washing machine and the fifth bedroom.
• • The fifth bedroom is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room which can be accessed from two doors making it ideal for those who wish to use the WC from the garden, without passing through bedroom, thus retaining privacy. Also on this level there is another room with a double sofabed which shares the en-suite shower room. There is no natural light in this room but has double doors that lead directly to the patio/garden (under the arches).
|Further details outdoors|
• Terrace leading from dining room
• Ground floor terraced patio and eating area leading from 'basement' situated beside beautiful arches. BBQ with 3 metre worktop and sink with running water.
• Large open garden with wondrous uninterrupted views.
• Main garden area leads down to pool area with L shaped pool. The main part of the pool is 10M x 5M and there is an additional 'L' with steps perfect for children to sit on and enjoy the water. Here as well as sunbathing areas there is a covered gazebo for shaded relaxing and a large built in BBQ. Swing.
Wireless internet - guests need to bring their own computer
Bedding and towels are included in the cost of any stay, as well as all utilities with the exception of heating which if required is payable locally
We take a 15% deposit with the remainder payable 8 weeks prior to arrival
We accept payment in sterling and euros
Cot and highchair available free of charge
The Tuscany region
The Tuscan Region of Italy is well known for its warm balmy summers, beautiful countryside, rolling hills, mouth - watering food, and of course its towns and villages, rich with mediaeval architecture…
The Garfagnana region of Tuscany, often known as its ‘Green Lung’ is situated away from the milling crowds that can often be found at the most famous Tuscan locations and is totally unspoilt, remaining untouched by tourism.
The scenery is spectacular, green and mountainous with views of both the Apuane and Appenine mountains at every turn…And, due to the altitude whilst the weather can be very hot, it is always pleasantly cool for sleeping…
The food is usually home made, using home grown produce, and is typically simple and extremely tasty. Prices here remain very reasonable due to the fact that food is prepared with the locals, and not tourists in mind…The local wine is cheap and surprisingly drinkable!
The pace of life is slow and peaceful – spend your days enjoying secluded picnics, swimming in rivers, or watching locals play bocce or ‘cheese throwing’. Visit hundreds of ancient hill top villages, or relax at home basking in stunning scenery.
For ‘townie’ days, visit the mediaeval towns of Barga, Lucca, Castelnuovo, with Pisa and Florence within easy reach too…
This is Olde Worlde Italy
Castiglione di Garfagnana
The local village has a bar/basic food shop and restaurant and it is possible to walk cross country for 3km to a further restaurant, located in Castiglione, a beautiful fully walled mediaeval village which is known for its intact protecting walls, fantastic views, and summer festas.
The property is located only a 15/20 minute drive to the famous mountain peak top village of San Pellegrino with its mummified saints and incredible views.
Whilst a walkers paradise and set in the depths of the countryside, there is not a feeling of isolation at this farmhouse, since it is situated in a beautiful hamlet; is within walking distance of a restaurant (2km), and only a 10 minute drive from what is often described as the best restaurant in the area, at Pieve Fosciana, which also boasts, shops, banks, bars, restaurants, and the most gorgeous delicatessen with take way home made traditional Italian food.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
10 Aug 2011
The villa was lovely, clean and spacious. The owners were lovely and have a son who speaks English which was very helpful. The pool wasn't heated and the weather wasn't great so it wasn't used as much as we'd have liked. In mid summer it would be fine. The surrounding area is stunning but a fair drive from any larger towns. the little village is beautiful and the local shop bakes bread if you order it which is gorgeous for breakfast. For a large party this was a perfect introdution to Italy.
You're booking with
Lorraine Venturelli (Property Manager Tuscan Retreats Ltd)
- 6 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:14 Oct 2015
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted