Apartment / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 5 Home 76045
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom / sleeps 5
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 0.5 km
- Swimming pool
- Great for children of all ages
- Car advised
- Air conditioning
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
An ideal location for a family holiday. The apartment is located just 5 minutes from the stunning sands and clear waters of Cala Esmeralda beach. The apartment is on the first floor and has 2 bedrooms. It is well situated in a quiet road set in the gardens of a secure complex.
There is a shared residents pool. The shops and restaurants of Cala D'Or are only a 5 minute walk. The restaurants and cafes by the marina are a 15 minute walk.
The apartment can sleep up to 5 people. The balcony is spacious and can be used as a dining area, or for relaxing and enjoying the views over the swimming pool and the park.
This apartment provides both the perfect base to relax and to explore and the rest of the Island.
The Balearic Islands region
• Cala D’Or was one of the first coastal towns in Majorca. It was built in the 1930´s and was started exclusively for the natural beauty of its coves and coastline.
• The natural position of its coves from the sea protects them from all winds, and the presence of bad weather is scarce and has little impact on its beaches. On the South East coast of Majorca there are many narrow rocky coves, with beaches of white sand and a rich sea bed. The colour of the water is indescribably beautiful.
• Cala D’Or enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate with warm summers and mild winters. The warm seas around the island help dictate this climate, especially keeping the winters mild. Cala D’Or receives around 300hrs of sunshine a year.
• Summer weather is typically hot with very little rainfall. The main summer months of June, July and August receive just 10% of the annual rainfall. July and August are the hottest months, with daily highs averaging above 30C and the hot dry summer weather lasts from June to September.
• The Sunday market in Felantix with its beautiful churches and street cafes is well worth a visit.
• The monastery of Sant Salvador and the Santueri Castle can also be found close to Felantix with outstanding views of the island.
• For the kids there are trampolines and mini karts at Mallorcalandia. (5 minutes walk).
• Vall D'Or 18 hole golf course is a 15 minute walk.
• Discovered by Pedro Caldentey in 1905, the Caves of Hams are famous for its peculiar formations, and for its marvellous underground lake. If you are driving they are 2 km West of Porto Cristo.
• Nearby are the more famous Caves of Drac.
• Next door to the Caves of Drac is the "Aquarium de Mallorca". An aquarium with exotic fish from around the world including piranhas and electric eels.
• The local bus service is good, reliable & cheap so you can take excursions to the resorts of Porto Colom, Porto Cristo, Cala Bona and Cala Millor.
• Our recommended restaurants in Cala D’Or are Indiana Johns and Vicente.
Bed & bathroom
- bedroom 1: 2 single beds
bedroom 2: 2 single beds
beds in other rooms: sofa bed
- 1 family bathrooms
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
- Cot available
- High chair available
- Air conditioning
- Shared outdoor pool (unheated)
- Shared garden
- Balcony or terrace
- High chair available
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- House swap
- Secure parking
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time:15:00, Check out time:10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 03 Feb 2016
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Payment accepted:
- Paypal accepted
Languages spoken: English, Dutch
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
- Very Good
“Excellent location, quiet and secure”
The apartment is spacious and clean with a lovely balcony area. The apartment is well equipped. Only eight apartments on the complex so is generally very quiet. Only a few minutes walk to the lovely coves in Cala D'or and to the many restaurants in the town centre. Would definitely stay at this apartment again.
“Excellent! Relaxing and close to everything”
Big thank you to Richard for being very welcoming and helpful, really really enjoyed our stay here [second time staying in this particular apartment block] it is situated in a great place just 5 min walk into the center of Cala D'or and 2 beaches - Cala Esmerelda/Cala Gran. Recieved a cute little welcome pack on arrival and was well looked afer by Carol whilst we were there. We hired a car during our 10 days on the island [not essential for your stay, as everything in Cala dor within walking distance - but we like to venture out and explore!] plenty of car park spaces in the complex and just outside. Would deffinaterly recommend to anyone thinking of visiting Mallorca
“A great property - quiet location, perfect for families.”
This apartment was perfect for us with 2 children (8 years & 13 years) , the 2 bedrooms were ideal and we loved the outside dining area and sofas which were shaded for much of the day. The apartment was clean and tidy and the owner very helpful making booking really easy. Despite being peek season the outside area was quiet and the pool perfect for the children. Cala D'Or is a fairly quiet town with lots of places to eat and shops to browse. The shallow bays were ideal for snorkelling though the beaches were narrow and busy.
“Perfect for a relaxing holiday”
We had a lovely holiday - the apartment was clean, well equipped and had everything we needed. It has a super balcony for eating al fresco or relaxing with a glass of wine. The location is perfect as it is in a quiet area so we could chill out in the secure gardens and lounge by the lovely pool, but it is also very close to lots of gorgeous beaches, restaurants, shops and bars so we got the best of both worlds. We didn't really need our hire car as everything was just a short stroll away. Wish we could have stayed longer!
“A gem of an apartment in a gem of a resort!”
My partner and I stayed in this apartment during the first 10 days of September 2012 and had our best holiday to date. The apartment was modern, clean, cosy and in an absolutely perfect location - like a home from home! The beds are very comfy and there is plenty of drawer and hanging space in the main bedroom for all your clothes. The hob and microwave in the kitchen came in very handy, especially if you want to eat in the apartment some days to bring the cost of eating out down (although a meal for 2 in the centre is very cheap, at about 20 euros). Location couldn't be better - despite being a very short walk from Cala Gran and Cala Esmerelda beaches, as well as the main bars, restaurants and shops of the centre (literally 5 mins walk away), it's a lovely quiet complex. There are 4 sun loungers to use next to the pool (marked apartment 6) and also patio tables and chairs in the communal pool area with sun umbrella. The pool area gets the sun pretty much all day and although the pool is unheated, it's lovely and refreshing and never feels too cold. There are plenty of trees surrounding the complex, providing shade if you prefer it and whilst we were there, we had the pool to ourselves most days! There are plenty of supermarkets within a couple of minute's walk, selling everything you could possibly need during your stay. All this and I almost forgot to mention the air conditioning - an absolute life saver! Although there is only one air conditioning unit in the apartment (in the living room area) it keeps the whole place (including the bedroom if you leave the door ajar) so, so cool. Bathroom is clean and modern too. The balcony is huge and lovely for sitting out in the evening with a glass of wine or beer and eating out on, overlooking the pool area and a park beyond that. I literally have no bad words to say about this apartment. If you are planning a trip to Cala d'Or and want somewhere nice to stay, end your search here and book this apartment! Top tips from me would be - visit the Caves of Drach and Porto Cristo (half an hour away), go to the Atlantis bar near the centre (with parrots that say 'Hola' and live music every night), pick up an ice cream (delicious), don't miss a trip to the marina, watch the sun come up one morning near Cala Esmerelda and make sure you paddle in the sea (it's so warm)! Thanks so, so much for an amazing holiday and for being so accomodating with a last minute booking. We'll definitely be returning to this exact apartment.
“Great family holiday let”
Great apartment for a small family. Very close to all the amenities. Cala Gran and Cala Esmeralda beaches within easy walking distance and Cala Ferrara not too far either. Shops, restaurants and marina all within easy reach. The apartment is in a private complex of about 8 apartments. There is a small private pool. A great place to hang out after a day at the beach. Never a problem with crowds round the pool or having to bag your sun lounger with a towel!! The pool has a very small shallow end, but my 4 year old son loved floating about in the rest of the pool with his arm bands on and loved jumping in off the side. The baby was also happy in her rubber ring too. I understand from owners of the apartments that they are considering replacing the pool in the very near future, so situation may have changed by 2012 holiday season. The apartment was clean and tidy with all essentials provided. Supermarkets very close by. Lovely large balcony overlooking the pool, which more than compensates for a small lounge/diner inside. I would recommend this apartment and will certainly use it again.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours