Dragonfly (Wall Eden Farm)
from £229 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £229 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Log cabin / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 158047
Availability Your dates are available
Log cabin / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Stay at the award winning Wall Eden Farm, with eight custom made and wheel chair accessible luxury log cabins and five amazing luxury glamping pods. You are sure to have a relaxing stay in the beautiful Somerset countryside. Onsite Activities include Fishing, Kayaking, Canoeing, Archery, Air Rifle & Air Pistol Target Shooting, Cycle Hire, Pottery Painting and a Jacuzzi and Sauna.
The farm has been in the family since 1927, in 2002 we diversified from being a dairy farm to a unique farm holiday setting, offering you a mix between luxury accommodation and the great outdoors!
We have a number of cabins that are designed to be wheelchair accessible, with doorways, wet room, grab rails, double door entry, ramped access and equipment such as profile beds, hoists and commode chairs to hire.
On the farm you will find our farm animals, with our friendly free roaming Jacob sheep, plus Chicken (you can even rent your own chicken coop for the week/weekend) and sometimes we have calves on the farm. Your more than welcome to help feed and look after them.
Each of our lodges has been hand built and customised by Andy and the team. Each lodge varies in design and layout, but all are designed with comfort in mind. All of the lodges have wet rooms (with showers) and many of the lodges also have bathrooms. Each has a flat-screen TV and DVD player, dining table and chairs, large sofa's and plenty of kitchen utensils for your self-catering stay.
Free Wi-Fi is available in the games room.
On the farm you will find:
- The Lodges and Pods
- Small farm shop and office (where you can find leaflets, book activities and buy the essentials, including local honey and meats)
- The 'Old Cow Barn' which is now the home of the games room (free table tennis and pool table)
- Hot Tub and Sauna area
- The River Brue (which runs right through the farm, it is full of wildlife including Kingfishers and Otters)
- The Beautiful Pond
- The Archery, Air Rifle and Air Pistol Ranges
- The Potters Wheel
- Plenty of green grass and areas to play games, BBQ and do whatever you like
- Not forgetting the animals (our 3 friendly Jacob Sheep, our chicken run and occasional calves).
There is so much to see and do in the area, including:
- Burnham, Berrow and Brean Beaches within a 10 minute drive.
- Glastonbury Village, Wells City, Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Burnham-on-Sea, Weston-super-Mare, Cheddar and many more
- Attractions such as Longleat Safari Park, Cheddar Caves, Wooky Hole, The Fleet Air Arm Museum, Helicopter Museum, Fun City at Brean Leisure Park, Haynes Motor Museum, Crealy Adventure Park, West Somerset Steam Railway, Go Ape, Noah's Ark and many more.
- National Nature Reserves such as Shapwick Heath, Ham Wall, Grey Lake and Bridgwater Bay.
We are lucky to have a number of pubs and restaurants in the area:
- The Bason Bridge Inn (a short walk along the river to the local pub)
- The Crossways, The Huntspill Arms and The Orchard (within 2 miles of the farm)
- The Olive Mill and Brent House Carvery (6 miles from the farm)
Please feel free to email or call if you have any questions or would like to book.
Andy and the team
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Nearest beach||Burnham on Sea 6 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol International 32 km, Nearest railway: Burnham and Highbridge 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Sauna, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (4), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ, Bicycles available, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Dragonfly is one of six lodges at Wall Eden Farm Holidays. A comfortable log cabin creating the atmosphere of 'home from home'. Fully equipped kitchen, Blu-ray DVD and satellite TV. Dragonfly is very accessible, as also has a walk in shower/wet room as well as a separate bathroom with wheel chair access. Many of our guests choose to site and relax on the balcony, after visiting some of our local places of interest, Glastonbury, Torr and Abbey, Cheddar caves, or wetland nature reserves of Ham Wall or Shapick Heath
|Further details outdoors|
- Garden table six chairs
- BBQ available on site
- Ample parking
- Full access to grounds
- Cycle and fishing hire available
- Use of Trout Pond for fishing
- Chickens & sheep to feed!
- Access to a Hot Tube and Sauna
The Hot Tub and Sauna, is available and is next to our onsite shop in our Barn
The Somerset region
Somerset is a rural county of rolling hills and sheltered valleys - come and discover Coleridge's favourites: the Quantock Hills or venture to the wild heather clad slopes of the Exmoor National Park. A county of contrasts, Somerset is also home to the unique flat landscape of the Somerset Levels with its rich natural and historical heritage, it is home to some of Britains most valuable wetland habitats and most important battlefields.
Explore the famous Cheddar Gorge and Caves or meet a witch at Wookey Hole! Arthurian legends abound at Ancient Avalon - modern day Glastonbury, with its fantastic eclectic display of shops and landscape dominated by the evocative Glastonbury Tor.
Why not try your hand at some of Somerset's craft and traditional arts centres - or find a unique qift or souvineer. And no trip to Somerset would be complete without a visit to one of the many cider makers, sampling essential!
Local Sandy beaches with every seaside amenity.
- Secret World Animal Sanctuary
- Bird & wetland sanctuaries
- Glastonbury - 9miles
- Wells - 17 miles
- Cheddar & Wookie Hole - 9 miles
- Burnham on sea beach - 3 miles
- Brean sands- 5 miles
- Weston s- mare - 11
Pub - The Crown in East Huntspill - 1 mile
- Bason Bridge in East Huntspill - 1 mile
- The Orchard in West Huntspill - 1.5 miles
- Crossways in West Huntspill - 1.5 miles
- Huntspill Arms in West Huntspill - 1.5 miles
- East Huntspill post office
- supermarket - Asda, Highbridge
- Garage - Highbridge
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
4 Feb 2013
"Excellent family get away with lots of outdoor activities!"
We have stayed at Walleden Farm several times now and been in some of the different cabins they have to offer, all have been outstanding to stay in! we had a really friendly arrival and were given loads of advice on the activities on site and in the local area, we tried out the onsite archery and shooting range, which was just perfect for the kids! in the evenings we were able to relax in the hot tub and sauna area, always a lovely way to end a day of cycling around the local moorelands. there are lots of local pubs that do very good food, a 10mintue walk along the river bank took us to the nearest pub, and the local town only 5 minutes drive for shopping and other restaurants. well worth it!
It's great to be appreciated. We like to put a lot of effort into making our guests stay as enjoyable as possible. So thanks for the reviews Andrew and Katrina
You're booking with
Walleden Farm H.
- 7 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:27 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom