from £58 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £58 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 3 Home 1293203
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 3
Gorffwysta'r Chwarelwr (Quarrymans Rest) is a delightful and well presented stone cottage with all your home comforts. Ideally located in the Heart of the Snowdonia National Park providing a great base from which to explore everything on offer. The cottage has recently been refurbished to an excellent standard throughout and comfortably sleeps 3 so is ideal for a couple or small family and a maximum of 2 dogs are welcome. There is a well equipped kitchen, well appointed bathroom with bath & shower, enclosed rear courtyard and fenced garden and off road private parking for 2 cars.
Features & Facilities include:
• Entrance lobby - ideal for coats and boots.
• Comfortable lounge with leather sofas, warming electric fire, TV etc. and well appointed dining area.
• The kitchen is well appointed and equipped with electric oven/grill and induction hob, washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, kettle and fridge with icebox.
• Gas central heating throughout.
• Electricity & Gas included
• Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms, a double and a single. The bathroom is well appointed with bath and shower over.
• Bed Linen, towels and tea towels provided. The following 'consumables': Washing up liquid, washing up brush, cloth & sponge, washing machine tablets, dishcloths, liquid soaps by washbasins, toilet roll and bin bags are all provided.
• Complimentary bottle of wine on arrival
• Private parking at the rear of the property. There is also on road parking opposite the cottage.
• The town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is approximately a 15 minute walk, where there is an array of shops, eating establishments & pubs.
• Strictly No Smoking
• 2 well behaved dogs welcome, please bring own dog beds, towels and blankets.
• TV with FreeSat and DVD Player - a small selection of DVD's, books & games
• Internet access.
• Enclosed rear courtyard and fenced garden accessed by several steps.
Note: The arrival time at this property is 3pm, and guests are requested to depart by 10am on the last day.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Morfa Bychan 18 km|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Blaenau Ffestiniog 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The North Wales region
Nowhere else in Britain will you find such variety, in such a compact area, as you will in Snowdonia - or Eryri as it is known in Welsh. There are many places to visit, and things to do in Snowdonia, so come and enjoy what's on offer.
The property is set back from the road by the pavement with 2 steps leading up to the front door. The property is situated in a terrace of residential properties and is double glazed throughout which does minimise what little road noise there is. There is private parking to the rear of the cottage and free parking available on the roadside at the front too. The cottage offers a friendly welcome with a warm ambience. An ideal location for exploring the attractions Snowdonia offers.
The old slate mill, Melin Pant yr Ynn is a short walk away and is the earliest surviving slate mill in Blaenau Ffestiniog. Since its closure the mill has been converted into a private house, the home of Falcon Hildred, a renowned local artist. Nowadays the mill, which is grade 2 listed, is open to the public and contains an interesting collection of industrial artefacts and an exhibition of water colour drawings recording the historic town, quarries and dramatic landscape of Blaenau Ffestiniog. The waterwheel can also be seen working, except in very dry conditions.
There are some fantastic walks, lakes & waterfalls from the cottage, and the area is great for fishing, golfing and mountain biking.
The town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is approximately 1 mile away from the cottage, a lovely slate mining town which is steeped in history and is proud of it's heritage of slate and steam. The rugged craggy landscape is an area of outstanding natural beauty, surrounded by the Moelwyn and Manod mountain ranges, and offers a wealth of walks, lakes, waterfalls and attractions such as the World Famous Ffestiniog narrow gauge steam railway and the Llechwedd slate caverns which is also the home of Antur Stiniog's new downhill mountain bike centre with world class downhill tracks and trails.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review