Chuckanut Seaside Forest Studio – Home 2380659 Studio
- no bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- 2 nights min stay
Chuckanut Seaside Forest Studio – Home 2380659
- no bedrooms
- sleeps 4
- 2 nights min stay
Studio / no bedrooms / 1 bathroom / sleeps 4
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 2 km
- Child friendly
- Car not necessary
- Pet friendly
Description from owner
The Seaside Forest Studio began as an artist's studio, every aspect custom designed. From the loft bed surrounded by windows, to the fully equipped kitchen, slate-tiled shower and red brick floors, everything was added with careful thought. This is a unique space! The Studio is 512 square feet with an added 60 feet in the sleeping area above. There is a queen-sized bed in a hanging loft, best for those comfortable climbing a ladder up and down, to sleep surrounded by windows and trees on all sides. There is also a Euro-lounger/sofa in the main room that folds into a comfortable full size bed, with a memory foam topper. The main room has a window seat, as well as a custom reading nook with games for all ages stored below. Peter's handmade beautiful, live-edge cedar table seats four (five, if you'd like). The kitchen is fully equipped with sink, stove, oven, refrigerator, and cooking implements. The bath has a full shower, beautifully tiled. The studio has both electric heat and a wood stove. There are two entryways, with a curved wood deck at the front entrance. Parking is just outside the back door.
We care about beauty, connection, real things, and the studio reflects that; much of its features were made by us or locally sourced. You'll eat at Peter's table, hang your coat on a fir tree we found in our woods, use Aimee's homemade soap in the shower, see our art on the walls, sleep in a loft built by a dear friend, and enjoy a fire with wood from our property. A short walk down the driveway or steep beach trail offers views of both Chuckanut and Pleasant Bays (we live on a point, so there is water on both sides). Just up a winding brick path, you'll find the hot tub (older design, very simple) behind our house, on a deck under tall fir trees with peekaboo views of the water. Our property is a haven for wildlife: the studio is surrounded by a forest that's home to many kinds of birds, including raptors, owls, and songbirds. Raccoons and deer wander through, and we're close to the seashore where seals swim, herons squawk, and crabs scuttle under eelgrass forests.
The Studio shares the woods with our home, so we're available for questions and concerns. Our home is situated on a knoll overlooking the water, while the studio is in a forest below. The two structures are separated by a driveway and woods, out of sight of each other. We do share a common driveway, and Studio guests can see us walk or drive past; our cars are blocked from the Studio's view by a neatly stacked woodpile.
• NOISE - Our property is bordered by a forest to the west; woods, road and Chuckanut Bay to the north; Pleasant Bay to the south; and the Burlington Northern railway very nearby to the east, just beyond and below the Studio and driveway. Trains pass by frequently and the freight engines' rumble can be noisy (though they thankfully seldom blow their whistles here). There is occasional work on the tracks below the studio, about 4-5 days/year at entirely unpredictable times. Some guests love the trains, others find the earplugs we provide helpful at night with the intermittent passing trains, or get accustomed to it as background noise (quite infrequently, a guest finds the passing night trains intolerably loud - it's really a subjective experience). We live in a neighborhood, so sounds of children playing and neighbors talking mingle with owls hooting, coyotes yipping in the distance, a nearby neighbor's rooster, and geese honking overhead.
• PETS - Please let us know if you're planning to bring a pet. We do charge a pet fee. Though we do accept well-behaved dogs, we prefer smaller, non-shedding breeds, as dog hair can be invasive.
• ACCESS - The ladder and hatch to the loft is for reasonably agile people - others might want to consider sleeping on the sofa bed below.
• TECHNOLOGY - Cell service is spotty at the Studio; though we have wifi, texting and phone reception is unpredictable.
• NIGHT LIGHT - Our property is dark at night, with some outdoor lighting, but not a lot. We love the darkness – better to see the stars and moonlight – and hope our guests will enjoy this respite from city lights as well.
• BEACHES - Though there is a small private beach below the Studio, it is for local community use only. Other beautiful beaches are a short walk or drive away. We've got lots of suggestions!
• MINIMUM STAY - We ask for a two night minimum stay on weekends, but are happy to accommodate one night stays during the week in the off-season.
• HOT TUB - Though the hot tub is located behind our home, Studio guests have access to it 24/7. It's just a short walk up a brick path. Note it makes for a relaxing soak, but is an older model and does not have jets.
• ABOUT YOU - We prefer to book with guests that tell us a bit about themselves prior to booking. Thank you for understanding!
• CONNECTION - We assume guests are coming to the Studio for a get-away, so we aim for minimal interaction. The house is out of sight from the studio, and, aside from a greeting when you arrive, we tend to not see studio guests during their stay. That said, we'd be happy to connect with the interesting people that visit, as you wish!
The Seaside Forest Studio is ideal for nature lovers, outdoor adventurers, and those who want unique accommodation in a beautiful natural setting.
- Great for children of all ages
- Pets welcome
Bed & bathroom
- 1 Sofa Bed
- 1 Family bathroom
- Wi-Fi available
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Mountain Views
- Internet access
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Check in time: 15:00, Check out time: 11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
Damage deposit: (£196.42) $250.00
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
50% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 4 weeks before check-in.
4 weeks before
25% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 2 weeks before check-in.
2 weeks before
No refund if cancelled less than 2 weeks before check-in.
* The booking fee is stated in the cancellation policy information on the payment page. This fee helps us run our secure platform and enables us to provide 24/7 customer support
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 26 Jun 2019
- Years listed:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
This Studio has 1 bathroom and sleeps 4. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 23 Oct 2013. Located in Washington, it has 8 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate is £945.
The Owner has a response rate of 100% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 26 Jun 2019.
Map and how to get there
– based on 8 reviews
- Very Good
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Aimee (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to send the owner a message.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Aimee (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Aimee (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to view Aimee the owner's contact details or send them a message.
- What's the difference between 'Book your stay' and 'Contact the owner/manager'?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online and send Aimee (the owner) a booking request. You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then
Or send Aimee (the owner) an enquiry through the Contact the owner/manager form if you’d like a quote or more info first.
- What is a booking request?
When you pay online through the Book your stay form, a booking request is sent to Aimee (the owner). You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
To book this holiday home you need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website. Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection. This means that in the unlikely event that you’re prevented or denied access to your holiday home when you check in, we’ll offer a full refund for the stay.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Simply enter your holiday dates in the Book your stay form to calculate the cost of your stay.
Click Book now to see a full breakdown of the price.
You can also request a quote from Aimee (the owner) through the contact form. The owner will email you the total cost for your dates and a link to book and pay online.
- How do I know if my booking request has been accepted?
You’ll receive an email within 24 hours to let you know. Or you can check in Manage your holiday booking. No money will leave your account unless it’s accepted.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online. You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. Aimee (the owner) will have 24 hours to accept the booking and no money will leave your account before then.
If you’ve been sent a quote, simply accept it and pay online through the email we sent you. You can also do this in Manage your holiday booking.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- Why can't I call Aimee (the owner) before booking?
You can exchange contact details with the property owner/manager once your booking is confirmed and you’ve paid in full. Paying and communicating only through our platform allows us to ensure that your booking is covered by our Payment Protection policy.
If you have any questions before booking, you can send the property owner/manager a message via the contact form on their listing. Once you’ve booked, you can discuss the rental and make arrangements for your trip by logging into Manage my booking.
- How do damage deposits work?
In most cases, you don’t pay a damage deposit up front. Instead, we save your payment details securely and you’re only charged in the event of damage to the property.
Occasionally, you will pay a damage deposit up front as part of the total rental cost. In this case, the owner has 10 days after you check out to report any damage. If they don’t, we’ll return your deposit. If their claim is successful, we’ll deduct the agreed cost and return the remainder.
- How can I view and manage my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to view all your booking details, pay the balance of your holiday or cancel it if you need to.
- How do I pay the balance of my holiday?
You can pay the remaining balance of your holiday at any point. Simply go to Manage my holiday booking and click Pay now.
We’ll automatically charge the balance payment to the same payment method 10 days before it’s due. Go to Manage my holiday booking to see when the payment will be taken.
- How can I retract my booking request?
You’ll need to contact Aimee (the owner) to do this. Send them a message in Manage your holiday booking or through the contact form on this page.
- How do I cancel my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to cancel your booking. Here you can view your cancellation policy to see if you’ll be refunded.
- How do I edit my booking?
You can request to change the dates or number of people on your booking via the Manage your holiday booking page. To change your holiday dates use the Edit booking button. If you need to change the number of guests staying then send Aimee (the owner) a message.
If Aimee (the owner) agrees, they’ll send you a revised quote outlining the changes. You can review and accept/decline this from the Manage your holiday booking page. You’ll have 48 hours to take action before the revised quote expires.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours