Canal View, Bathampton, Bath
from £89 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £89 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 357878
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Canal View is a newly refurbished, first floor flat in a 19th Century Bath stone cottage overlooking the Kennet and Avon Canal at Bathampton.
The World Heritage City of Bath, with its many cultural and recreational attractions, is just a short (2 mile) car, taxi, or bus ride away. For the slightly more energetic, walking or cycling along the picturesque canal towpath provides a particularly attractive alternative way to travel to and from Bath.
Heading away from Bath on the canal towpath, you find open country and the beautiful Limpley Stoke Valley leading on to Avoncliffe and Bradford-on-Avon. The towpath is very popular with walkers, joggers and cyclists throughout the year. Keen walkers will also find a range of footpaths and hill walks available nearby and wonderful countryside, villages and pubs to discover all around the City of Bath.
Bathampton is a particularly attractive classic English village with pretty Bath stone houses, two pubs, a church, useful village shops and a post office all within easy walking distance. It makes an ideal base-camp to explore the cities, towns, villages and countryside around Bath and the surrounding region with Oxford, Bristol, Bradford-on-Avon and the Cotswolds within easy reach by car, or by bus, coach or train from Bath. Other tourist attractions within an hour's drive include: Castle Combe, Cheddar Gorge, Laycock, Longleat Safari Park, Stonehenge and Stourhead.
Canal View offers flexible accommodation for up to six people comprising:
- A main bedroom available with king size double bed (or with two single beds) with views over the canal.
- A back bedroom with standard size double bed (against wall, so ideal for a single person or perhaps a young couple).
- A studio bedroom area with king size double bed (or two single beds) and divided from the lounge area by a wall to wall curtain.
- A cot is also available.
- A lounge area with views of the canal and a large corner sofa, high definition smart TV (offering internet access, access to on-demand films and catch-up TV, as well as normal broadcast TV). There is also an inset log burning stove which provides a cosy focal point on winter evenings.
- A modern bathroom with a bath, shower, toilet and basin with good quality fittings.
- A well-equipped and attractive kitchen-diner with views of the canal. It has a double sink, dishwasher, microwave, large fridge-freezer, gas hob, electric oven and stainless steel worktops, providing ample facilities for food preparation and cooking. There is a table seating up to six. It catches the morning sun at breakfast time and, in the evening, it has a log-burning stove and dimmable lighting to provide a pleasant ambiance for dining.
Canal View provides a wonderful environment for a relaxing holiday at any time of the year, in a beautiful location with good access to the attractions of the City of Bath and the surrounding countryside - the best of both worlds.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol International 33 km, Nearest railway: Bath Spa 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (5), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 May 2013
What a lovely cottage/apartment - were able to abandon the cars and walk into Bath via the canal toll path. Did return once by boat (trips ran from Bath to Bathampton mill) as too tired to walk back after full day sightseeing. Accommodation really cosy. Comfy beds and good quality bedding. Owner really helpful - even managed to organise good weather for our stay!
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:08 Oct 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted