Authentic Winemaker's House near Uzès
from £66 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £66 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 7 Home 214561
Availability Your dates are available
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 7
Authentic 17th century winemaker house in the tiny village of Saint-Dézéry near Uzès. Entirely renovated to offer all modern cons while retaining its original character and period features.
This charming stone house of 107sqm has 3 large bedrooms and can accommodate up to 7 people (6 + possibility of adding an extra bed on demand).
• fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, ceramic hobs, large oven, microwave/combi oven, refrigerator and small appliances
• spacious dining room with a fireplace.
• small TV room with a sofa, flat screen TV and DVD player.
• double bedroom with en-suite shower room
• double bedroom with separate access from the terrace
• twin bedroom
• bathroom with WC
• separate WC
Baby equipment available (high chair, changing mat, bath)
Exterior spaces comprise a covered terrace with dining table, chairs and BBQ, a patio at the back with a fig tree providing shadow and coolness.
Access to the farmhouse garden opposite with the shared pool (12.5m x 5m) and the olive grove.
Between Provence and Languedoc, the sea and the Cevennes piedmont, our village is a great base to explore a very rich and diverse region. Whatever your age and interests (nature, sports, history, culture, gastronomy...) you will find a vast array of historical towns, activities and attraction within an hour reach.
This 3 bedroom house can be booked with the Clos Massadau (2 bedroom house, Holiday Lettings ref 214560)
Prices include local tourist tax
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Le Grau du Roi 70 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nimes 35 km, Nearest railway: Nimes 22 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Table tennis, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
At the crossroads between Provence and Languedoc, our little corner of countryside can be a great retreat, a convenient base to explore the many historical towns and touristic attractions or the perfect spot for outdoors activities.
Lively towns and markets:
• The beautiful and picturesque town of Uzès (15 min) and its charming markets
• Nimes (30 min) and its world famous Roman monuments and in particular the Maison Carree the best preserved Roman temple in the world, and the Coliseum which still hosts bull games, concerts and shows
• Avignon (1h), a walled city, home of the medieval Popes' Palace and one of the world's largest Festivals each July.
• Arles (1h) with the Van Gogh museum, a Roman museum and Romans monuments
• The medieval city of Aigues-Mortes (1h10), from which Louis IX twice departed for the Crusades
• Montpellier (1h), the capital of the region and the 8th largest city in France
• Saint-Quentin-la-Poterie (20 min), a pottery village renowned for its clay and dedicated to pottery with over 20 potters dotted around the pretty village streets.
• The attractive town of Anduze (30 min), gateway to the Cevennes, with the bamboo plantation of Prafrance, (Bambouseraie) an exotic garden, famous for its giant bamboo nursery (the only one in Europe). You can also board the Cevennes steam train offering a view of the first foothills of the Cevennes mountains
A Unesco World Heritage site around the Pont du Gard (30min) the biggest Roman Aqueduct still standing and second most visited monument in France
Diverse and contrasting landscapes from the gentle rolling hills covered with vines surrounding the villages, the garrigue (scrubland), the Cevennes mountain range, the marshland of the Camargue, to the salt marshes of Aigues-Mortes
Wine tourism: you can explore the local wines from Duche d'Uzes, or venture a bit further to the Costieres de Nimes, the Southern Rhone Valley, or the Languedoc and Pic Saint Loup vineyards. Near Beaucaire, the Mas des Tourelles established on the archeological site of a Roman winery, offers a wine museum and produces 3 wines in the style of the wines made by the Romans.
Outdoors activities: horse riding, cycling, hiking, canoeing, tree climbing, canyoning, via ferrata, rock climbing …
Climbing: the region is famous for its major rock climbing sites suited for all levels and perfect for winter climbing: Russan (9km), Seynes, Collias…
An abundance of festivals, cultural and gastronomic events, ferias and village festivals
Saint-Dezery is a tiny village offering peace and quiet at spitting distance of the beautiful town Uzes and its charming markets.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
You're booking with
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom