Beautiful, cosy and "home-like" property, friendly and helpful hosts. Great home cooked pizzas and good local wine.
Together with my fiancee, we spent one week in Tuscany and we were accommodated in Fattoria San Paolo, Quercia apartment. As soon as we arrived there we realized that it was the best choice we could make for this part of our vacation.
- a car is recommended for the following because the nearest shops, supermarkets are a few km away; rented bikes could be a good option too for the aficionados - beautiful scenery, low traffic even in august.
- the property is located in the middle of Tuscany with easy access to tourist hot spots and (almost one hour drive to San Gimignano, Voltera, Siena, Monteriggioni, etc...)
- also about 1h and 30min drive to Pisa and Florence
- around the property there is a bunch of small, medieval villages that also deserve attention. I recommend a walking tour through all villages here. You will find almost empty streets during midday, charming Italian locals and small "osterias" where you can enjoy a great local meal or a delicious cappuccino.
About the property:
- the apartments are in a charming Italian, old style, building. Next to the main building there is another small building used as small family restaurant for dinner on Thursdays to Saturdays.
- the advertisement is 100% accurate
- spacious and cosy apartment; we felt like home
- wireless internet access available
- parking available
- the apartment has everything that it needs to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If you feel that you miss something just ask Chiara and she will help you. We asked her one day to about a washing machine and she said: "don't worry. just had me the clothes and I'll take care of them". Next day we found the clothes neatly folded waiting in a bag in front of your apartment.
- the property is environment friendly - they use solar panels for electricity
About the small restaurant:
- open on evenings Thursday to Saturday
- they cook local dishes, and they are delicious
- the best pizza I ever tasted. Absolutely delicious
- very good local wine
- the prices were more than affordable
- and the best proof that this is a good restaurant is that I saw plenty of local people coming here for dinner.
- PS: try the 4fromaggi and the deserts
To conclude (because I could continue on writing for a while about this): Chiara and her husband are really friendly people. I hope we can make some time every year to visit them, at least for a few days. This place really "charges your batteries". I will definitely recommend it to all my friends and to everybody that is interested in vacation in Tuscany. …
We had not dared to dream it so perfect...
Chiara was a wonderful host. Her property is renovated and decorated both functionally and with an excellent taste of italian style. The environment is wonderful: 360° of unspoiled Tuscany landscape. We also appreciated her endeavour to run the place with a minimal ecological impact. The natural swimming pool is a wonderful proof of this.
For those who are sensitive: musquito repellent is essential. …
Fattoria San Paolo. Farm House in Central Tuscany!
You could not ask for better
From the moment you arrive, Chiara, Carlo and Giovani will give you the warmest welcome, even warmer than the Tuscan summer! The property is clean and tastefully decorated. You never feel like you are in a rented place, rather in a place you can call home for the period of your stay. The Pool is spectacular, the views and colors breathtaking. The restaurant, Don't miss it for the world. The pizza, antipasti, picci and the deserts!!!!! the wine is natural and the grappa great. In short, one of our best vacations if your looking for some R and R. It rare to see the passion of this 'fabulous duo' in everything they undertake....Keep it up Chiara, Carlo and Giovani! - S+S+S+S …
Deal 2018 Private Tuscany villa with pool and jacuzzi near Siena for holiday
wonderful place in Tuscany!
What a wonderful Villa! We really hate to leave, Gina and Franco have both bear very welcoming. This has made a good holiday even better. Beautiful countryside and scenery. It has been a truely wonderful and relaxing week. Thank you for your kind and warm hospitality. Siena and San Gimignano are shine places to visit. Definitely will be back next year! …