****NOTE****. This property CANNOT be used for photo shoots or product placement without express permission. There is a different set of term and conditions for that sort of usage. Please contact for those conditions.****NOTE**** When wanting a quote/info etc please use …see more
“Not suitable for young children, word of caution about the layout of this house”
Reviewed 19 Sep 2016
The house really is best described as a 3 bedroom house with a master bedroom suite and two single bedrooms. There is a second double bedroom but this is located on the underside of the house and is a… More
I do take all reviews very seriously hence why i have accepted this one (even though i am not in agreement with all the points), but for the sake of transparency i will respond as best as i can. As this reviewer was not the actual person who rented the property i can confirm before they rented they were informed of many if not all the points of contention.
I will now cover the main issues as best i can.
1. The house IS a 4 bedroom villa as it has 4 bedrooms, Eve is correct in saying that one of the bedrooms is on the underside of the house and only accessible via steps on either side of the house. I have found that previous guests have actually enjoyed the increased privacy that this bedroom supplies. Maybe Eve’s experience would have been better in another room (But I have no control over who stays in what room). I have taken note of the (In Eve’s words) “damp smelling” issue and I will make sure this is rectified. If this becomes an issue in the future I will not allow this room to be used as I really do care that my guests enjoy their time in the property.
2. August is the hottest month in Spain, especially madrid. Sometimes it can get up to 35c-40c and the local Spanish people traditionally go away on holiday themselves. To combat the heat, the house was designed with sliding doors which can be opened completely (As if removing an entire wall) to create airflow throughout the house during the summer months. The house also has various outdoor shaded areas and a swimming pool. Eve is correct in that the house does not have air conditioning units in every room, this is due to the design of the house being adequate to create airflow, facilitated by the large sliding doors being open. If the doors were closed, then I can understand Eve’s point as in 35c+ heat, any house without constant air conditioning would heat up.
3. Regards the sleeping arrangements for the children, I believe Eve’s problem would have been solved if both children had used the two individual bedrooms and the adults the two doubles. Of course, because of the layout of the bedrooms, one of the parents would be in the basement bedroom, but i would assume the other parents in the master bedroom would be fine with making sure the children didn’t get into trouble etc. as they would be within ear shot. Eve does have a point in that maybe the house would be more suitable for older children, however I did send Jeanné the layout of the house beforehand and they still chose to rent the house.
4. Regards the location, I have provided a short guide however, I believe any individual should do their own research into their own holiday. One such point would be to look up the location of the property and then look for activities for yourself and your family in the local area. If the area does not provide you with what you want then you should not rent the property. Ie if you want a city getaway then stay in the city. if you want the countryside, a bit of luxury and some peace and quite all within a 30-40 min drive to the capital then rent somewhere like this property.
5. Regards the Wifi. I was not aware the signal did not reach. I will correct this straight away.
Villa Carmen del Rosal is a centenary Villa located on the edge of one of the most beautiful mountain villages in the area of Madrid, Miraflores de la Sierra. It has a private entrance, terrace with beautiful views, quiet garden with roses and lilacs and saltwater pool. …see more
First of all, we want to show you a video from the cottage that was recorded some months ago (go to vimeo and look for "casa nacho y pino")1500 square meter garden with a private swimming pool, nice trees, barbecue, canoe, a cozy porch at a private urbanizatio …see more
A lovely cottage in an idyllic spot. Pino the owner was fantastic help from the moment we booked to well after we departed. The house itself is beautifully finished with an artistic character and so… More
Stunning large luxurious villa with private pool recently renovated inside out!Located on the north west of Madrid; it's the perfect holiday home for those looking for a relax and private surrounding with fantastic views to the mountains.The beautiful Valmayor lake …see more
In this beautiful house with private pool and Jacuzzi you can enjoy and relax in the village of Valdemorillo all year long a lovely village placed in the middle of the Sierra de Guadarrama just 25 minutes by bus to Madrid,
Valdemorillo is a historical village with all …see more
Beautiful romantic watermill, on the Banks of the Lozoya river. Off the beaten track surrounded by water and nature. Still only a short car drive away from the impressive historic herritage of Spain . Madrid (45 minutes), Segovia (45 minutes), El Escorial ( (60 minutes) …see more
Apartment:-Maya Room (2 guests): with own private bathroom, double bed (2 x 1.80 mtrs) and located on ground floor-Joy Room (2 guests): room is suited for children, bunkbed and located on ground floor-Lavender Room (1 guest) sofa bed for children (located between Maya R …see more
The Villa Rosalva is a apartment-complex with a warm and familial atmosphere. We are perfectly situated in Las Dehesas with a spectacular view on the mountains and the Teide, the city of Puerto and the Atlantic Ocean. Within walking-distance you can reach the beach, the …see more
The firm has an approximate area of 40 m2, fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom with hot and cold water. It can accommodate up to four adults. Additionally, you can install baby cribs at no additional charge. In a eighteenth century building remodeled in 2011, the faci …see more
Great location a two minute walk from Plaza de Espania with a metro elevator within a two minute walk from the apartment to the metro. There are many mini markets and a large meat, fruit and vegetable market within 100m.
The apartment itself is bas …
CHALETS "lakeshore" Casa 23-B
Lovely, out of the way place near a town and beautiful lake
The accommodation was fabulous. A basement apartment all recently done up and thoughtfully decorated. Good facilities inside and really comfortable and cool in the heat. The chalet/apartment is one of a few together about 4km outside of the main town …
Quirky apartment in a fabulous position
A well equipped apartment in the centre of the city.
Very comfortable accommodation for up to 6 people with an extremely helpful host.
Very enjoyable stay would use again. …
Madrid Plaza de España Penthouse (free WIFI) B
PERFECT APARTMENT IN DOWNTOWN MADRID
This apartment is perfect. We stayed for 5 days and we had a wonderful time.
Elisa was there for us when we needed to arrive to the apartment, she was flexible to our schedule and made us feel like home.
the apartment has a great heating system …
Apartment with terrace
We were a group of 14 girls on a hen do, the apartment location was great and offered stunning views.
The apartment itself was small but all we needed, beds were comfy and the balcony made it for us. Also wifi which was great! We didn't spend much …
SPECTACULAR LOFT OF 120 M²
Smart loft living in quiet Madrid suburb 10 mins from airport
Roberto and Valentino were wonderfully helpful before and during our stay. 10 mins from airport via taxi, 20 mins to city centre via metro a good location. Loft smart and spacious. …
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the price - it varies depending on when you stay and how long for.
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay.
This is the total cost of the stay for the dates and number of guests that you entered.
This price is an estimate based on the latest rate information available to us. Contact the advertiser to ask for the exact price, including any additional fees.
Prices for this home are unknown, please contact the advertiser to confirm the price.
See the details for this home, contact the owner, pay for your trip and more!