****NOTE****. This property CANNOT be used for photo shoots or product placement without express permission. There is a different set of term and conditions for that sort of usage. Please contact for those conditions.****NOTE**** When wanting a quote/info etc please use …see more
“Not suitable for young children, word of caution about the layout of this house”
Reviewed 19 Sep 2016
The house really is best described as a 3 bedroom house with a master bedroom suite and two single bedrooms. There is a second double bedroom but this is located on the underside of the house and is a… More
I do take all reviews very seriously hence why i have accepted this one (even though i am not in agreement with all the points and as i am sure other guests who have already stayed and given a review will agree), but for the sake of transparency i will respond as best as i can. I am not allowed to include an email I received from the lady who actually rented the property, but she said I am sorry that they didn't enjoy their holiday, but I don't think it's fair to blame your villa - or anyone else - as they had all the information they needed to make an informed decision.
I will now cover Eve´s main issues as best i can.
1. The house IS a 4 bedroom villa as it has 4 bedrooms, Eve is correct in saying that one of the bedrooms is on the underside of the house and only accessible via steps on either side of the house. I have found that previous guests have actually enjoyed the increased privacy that this bedroom supplies. Maybe Eve’s experience would have been better in another room (But I have no control over who stays in what room). I have taken note of the (In Eve’s words) “damp smelling” issue and I will make sure this is rectified. If this becomes an issue in the future I will not allow this room to be used as I really do care that my guests enjoy their time in the property.
2. August is the hottest month in Spain, especially madrid. Sometimes it can get up to 35c-40c and the local Spanish people traditionally go away on holiday themselves. To combat the heat, the house was designed with sliding doors which can be opened completely (As if removing an entire wall) to create airflow throughout the house during the summer months. The house also has various outdoor shaded areas and a swimming pool. Eve is correct in that the house does not have air conditioning units in every room, this is due to the design of the house being adequate to create airflow, facilitated by the large sliding doors being open. If the doors were closed, then I can understand Eve’s point as in 35c+ heat, any house without constant air conditioning would heat up.
3. Regards the sleeping arrangements for the children, I believe Eve’s problem would have been solved if both children had used the two individual bedrooms and the adults the two doubles. Of course, because of the layout of the bedrooms, one of the parents would be in the basement bedroom, but i would assume the other parents in the master bedroom would be fine with making sure the children didn’t get into trouble etc. as they would be within ear shot. Eve does have a point in that maybe the house would be more suitable for older children, however I did send Jeanné the layout of the house beforehand and they still chose to rent the house.
4. Regards the location, I have provided a short guide however, I believe any individual should do their own research into their own holiday. One such point would be to look up the location of the property and then look for activities for yourself and your family in the local area. If the area does not provide you with what you want then you should not rent the property. Ie if you want a city getaway then stay in the city. if you want the countryside, a bit of luxury and some peace and quite all within a 30-40 min drive to the capital then rent somewhere like this property.
5. Regards the Wifi. I was not aware the signal did not reach. I will correct this straight away.
Ample outside apartment with two bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet and great views of Old Madrid. Its windows bring natural light through all the apartment, creating a pleasant atmosphere which adds to the warmth of the parquet floors, authentic from the original period. T …see more
200 m2 gorgeous aristocratic apartment in a 19th century building in the traditional Madrilenian architectural style in a small street facing one of the entrance to the amazing Plaza Mayor witch is at 20 meters from our balconies. This apartment was home to the Marquis …see more
We were 3 couples staying at this apartment and we were thrilled with hole experience.
We were welcomed by Mercedes, Joses sister who gave us a nice check and she took her time to give us allot of ti… More
“Amazing exsperience top location”
Reviewed 1 Mar 2014
This apartment is amazing big and very impressive,.It vas supercantral and very clean.The bed was very comfortable,so was the livingspace.Thank you Jose for your hospitality.… More
In this beautiful house with private pool and Jacuzzi you can enjoy and relax in the village of Valdemorillo all year long a lovely village placed in the middle of the Sierra de Guadarrama just 25 minutes by bus to Madrid,
Valdemorillo is a historical village with all …see more
Splendid penthouse in a sixth floor in the famous Salamanca District. Three big double rooms. One of which has an incorporated bathroom with jacuzzi. A roofless terrace facing south, ideal to eat or dine outdoors. First quality furniture and appliances: washing machine, …see more
Luxury apartment in the Plaza of Spain, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, large lounge, terrace, unique building, fully equipped, internet access .... In the center of Madrid Plaza of SpainIt is possible to link studio for plus two persons next to t …see more
Accommodations:You have everything you need in 75 m2. An apartment renovated and thought of every detail to make your stay comfortable.The house consists of a spacious living room with the charm and tranquility that provides having a landscaped courtyard with privileged …see more
Este fantastico ático se encuentra en un edificio histórico en la Calle Reina 5, situado entre la Gran Via y el conocido barrio de Chueca.Tiene 3 dormitorios, salón, cocina, baño con jacuzzi y terraza.Rodeado de los principales monumentos, museos, cines, teatros, to …see more
Para reservar los fines de semana minimo 3 noches, pero hago excepciones, preguntar antes de reservar.
ES UN EXCELENTE PISO DE 90 METROS SOLO 40 METROS DE LA GRAN VIA ESTA TODOS LOS SITIOS DE INTERES TURISTICOS A SU LADO, LA DECORACION ES MODERNA, ESTA SITUADO EN LO MA …see more
Newly restored 50 square meters apartment. The apartment is so close to The Museo del Prado is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Madrid. It has 1 room with 2 single beds, living room with comfortable sofa and bathroom with toilet and shower. There is ful …see more
From the moment of arrival until our departure, the owner, Lina, could not have been more helpful. We arrived at the beautiful apt. and were greeted by Lina who had provided all that was needed for o… More
Thank You very much Dawn! It was a pleaseur to have You two as guests. I hope to see You soon. Lina
We were a group of 14 girls on a hen do, the apartment location was great and offered stunning views.
The apartment itself was small but all we needed, beds were comfy and the balcony made it for us. Also wifi which was great! We didn't spend much …
Quirky apartment in a fabulous position
A well equipped apartment in the centre of the city.
Very comfortable accommodation for up to 6 people with an extremely helpful host.
Very enjoyable stay would use again. …
An enjoyable, relaxing holiday in an idyllic setting.
Pauline and Carlos met us at the airport and guided us to the Casita.The location is ideal- very private, but within easy driving distance of the town which has several cafes , restaurants and shops..There are lots of picturesque villages to be visit …
CHALETS "lakeshore" Casa 23-B
Lovely, out of the way place near a town and beautiful lake
The accommodation was fabulous. A basement apartment all recently done up and thoughtfully decorated. Good facilities inside and really comfortable and cool in the heat. The chalet/apartment is one of a few together about 4km outside of the main town …
APARTMENT TURISTICO PLAZA ESPAÑA B
Great location a two minute walk from Plaza de Espania with a metro elevator within a two minute walk from the apartment to the metro. There are many mini markets and a large meat, fruit and vegetable market within 100m.
The apartment itself is bas …
Madrid Plaza de España Penthouse (free WIFI) B
PERFECT APARTMENT IN DOWNTOWN MADRID
This apartment is perfect. We stayed for 5 days and we had a wonderful time.
Elisa was there for us when we needed to arrive to the apartment, she was flexible to our schedule and made us feel like home.
the apartment has a great heating system …
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the price - it varies depending on when you stay and how long for.
This is the estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay.
This is the total cost of the stay for the dates and number of guests that you entered.
This price is an estimate based on the latest rate information available to us. Contact the advertiser to ask for the exact price, including any additional fees.
Prices for this home are unknown, please contact the advertiser to confirm the price.
See the details for this home, contact the owner, pay for your trip and more!