Italy apartment or villa with a log fire | Holiday Lettings
“Relaxing and beautiful” I would recommend the Villa Fontanine as it was well appointed and the owners thought of everything. The views were spectacular and the mornings were delightful out by the pool. I even chanced upon seeing a baby deer down in the field. We hired a chef one night and had a relaxing dinner. The train was easy into town. And for those that were concerned there was no American coffee maker there is! Although after drinking espresso I think I agree with the comment that we drink brown water! I am contemplating booking again!
“Best holiday ever!” Several reasons why this was literally the best holiday ever.
* The most fantastic friendly service from the owners Di and Leigh who couldn't do enough for us
* The most stunning location - the sort that every time you look up from your book by the pool you need to pinch yourself
* A house full of character and charm
* A fully stocked wine cellar of hand picked wines by Leigh who REALLY knows his wines
* The option to have the lovely next door neighbour pop round and cook you a fantastic traditional italian meal
* A truly breathtakingly beautiful hilltop village down the road (Anghiari).
* And I got proposed to by the pool over looking some of the most beautiful views I have seen. Now you can't beat that!
Lovely couple and lovely place.
“A small paradise at the end of a dirt track!!!” We had a magnificient time at Trullo Tranquillo.
It was a very quiet location, with a great view, a beautiful countryside all around but very close to a lot of touristic places and the sea.
The owner very generously let us pick the fruits that grow in the garden and so we took advantage of his offer and had the juiciest little pears, figs, barbary figs and lots of almonds.
My 6 year old developped a habbit of watching the stars from the roof terrasse at night.
The trullo was impeccably clean and a very welcoming environment.
I would go back tomorrow if I could!!!!
“Wonderful Tuscan experience, perfect villa!” This beautiful villa served as a home base for our family travels throughout Tuscany for a week and I must say that it has been perfect! The pool was wonderful for the children as were the villa’s bedrooms and overall amenities. Most appreciated were the views from the outdoor pergola and from the covered veranda… we spent hours and hours just looking at the lake and enjoying the magnificent sunsets! The grounds offered a truly relaxing atmosphere as well as fun activities such as playing in the pool all day and making our own pizza in the pizza oven in the evenings! What is better than eating a pizza prepared by your own kids?
We highly recommend this property to anyone visiting the wonderful town of Cortona, the Trasimeno lake as well as the most fabulous places in Tuscany! We will be back!!