“fantastic farmhouse.” stayed at farmhouse in gharb,very peaceful .beautiful rustic building 4 lovely bedrooms ,cool courtyard to cool down from the hot sun. stunning pool and baby pool. plenty sun loungers .wi-fi in the living room all rounded off with a good well equipped kitchen.. stunning beach at ramla bay. and a lovely small town called xlendi filled with fish and steak restuarants all nestled in a secluded bay. victoria is the main shopping area only 10 mins away on the bus which is very cheap.the crossing on the ferry was also very nice from malta only 25 mins would highly recomend this property ,if you want a relaxing holiday on the gorgeous island of gozo.
“AMAZING and cozy apartment” I stayed at this beautiful apartment in Qala in October and was simply amazed that these apartments really exist for rental !!!
This apartment exceeded my expectations and more ….. especially when you look at the technology that
the owner invested in this apartment. The sound system, Wii, satellite and TV done up to a very high standard.
It is amazingly cozy.
It’s a pity that I could not use the pool because it looked wonderful from the view in the lounge. The nice restaurants
that are only walking distance away serving really nice pizzas are a very big plus too
I would recommend this property ANY TIME !!
Well done and keep it up.
“Not as described - really only a 2 bedroom property”
Reviewed 4 Sep 2016
The converted building is lovely and the pool and pool area is very pleasant but we were very disappointed to find that the bedrooms were not as described. In the property description it is described … More
We stayed here in May 2013 and there is undeniably a lovely garden with lots of nooks and crannies to sit, read, eat and relax. It is also located in a quiet road with open views across the valley. Be… More
Please note that the linen and towels were changed in the begining of the summer season .Infact they were changed in June. Sorry to hear about this but had you informed us, we would have changed them before. As regards soccer table it is not mine but is leased and so i cannot make it free.
“It was like going back in time!” Initially I must admit we were a little disappointed on arrival with the outside space as it was a bit overlooked (as it turned out there is nobody about to look!) The farmhouse itself was lovely and very well equipped. Perfect location for walking into the village square where there are a couple of bars and restaurants, supermarket and bakery. We did hire a car which was great for getting around the island, although it is not a necessity as there is a bus stop outside the house. Ramla Bay is a couple of minutes drive. There is a rooftop terrace with great view and the night sky is fantastic, needs a couple of deck chairs up there to relax on. Make friends with Menu across the road! very interesting chap with his own little museum of machinery. Gozo is like stepping back in time and once you get over the initial shock it really is quite lovely and the people are very friendly. We enjoyed our stay and would hope to return.
“Unpleasant Stay - Owner did not inform us about next door construction works starting 6am!!!”
Reviewed 29 Oct 2012
We arrived at the farmhouse in the evening and the owner showed us around. Rooms were spacious and two of the bedrooms were quite nicely furnished. Pool area was huge and very inviting especially fo… More
“Great Traditional Gozo Farmhouse” The location was just right for us, with family staying nearby. The landlord was very friendly and addressed any issues immediately. The farmhouse is traditional Gozean with a modern touch. It was spacious inside and the pool was refreshing. We would definitely stay again.
Location: Ta Happin is ideally situated off of a safe and quiet street in Xaghra. The nearest bus stop (serving both the Mgarr ferry terminal and Victoria) and a well-stocked supermarket are only a t… More
“The beautiful farmhouse made our stay perfect!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014
We (4 pax) visited Gozo for one week and stayed at the Ta' Happin farmhouse. The transfer from Malta Airport to the farmhouse was well organized by our perfect host (Aaron). As soon as we arrived he g… More
“a very nice house to stay in GOZO”
Reviewed 4 Nov 2013
A really beautiful place for people who likes house with stones and history.
Nice house to have good time with family, lots of place, every room has his bathroom, so you can stay easily with friends … More
“nice time on Gozo” Buchloe, the 27.05.2013
Finally some calm has returned, and the impressions from our vacation has become something. From May 5-19, 2013, we have the Ta' Majsi farmhouse rented. It is built in the typical local style and enjoyed from the outset very much us. It spread a pleasant living atmosphere, which is reflected in all the rooms. The spacious courtyard is ideal for barbeque and ensures social evenings. A tasteful exterior staircase leads to the four bedrooms, which are also very nicely decorated and offer great comfort with an en suite bathroom. From the roof terrace, you have very nice views of San Lawrenz. The pool in the "cellar" is a real highlight, our children wanted to go every day in the pool and no more get out!
Bernd Koch, Buchloe, Germany
Just been there for a weekend ... Its a nice place to relax, especially the indoor pool area. The farmhouse is very well kept and clean. The owner is nice and helpful too.… More
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING RELAXING FARMHOUSE”
Reviewed 18 Apr 2013
Gorgeous farmhouse. Just as described and pictured...Everything was cleaned and well-maintained. The farmhouse is spacious with 4 bedrooms, all well-equipped and quite big. The kitchen is well equip… More
The property is in a good place for a short walk to the town sqaure. Which has some great places to eat.
DVenue is always our favourite. This is our 3rd year visiting Gozo but the 1st time we have r… More
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are particularly pleased that you enjoyed the location, garden , gazebo and poolarea. As you know a house with a nice garden isn't easy to find in this price range in Gozo. Pity that your stay was overshadowed by cleanliness issue's. The lady that does the cleaning has been doing so for the last 17 years (!) and we are sorry to hear that you found her intrusive on your day of departure. Obviously we have contacted her regarding your observations and actually there was no reason for her to come that early as the next guests only arrived the following day. The kitchen is being cleaned by her helper and it appears some more coaching is required there. Your remark on the TV seating area is very valid and we have been struggling to find an adequate solution for that ! We will again stay at the house in the week after next and try to work a suitable lay out.The oven indeed needs replacement , as more guests have had similar problems. We will do so before end of this year.
Again thanks for your comments as it helps us to further improve !
“This lovely spacious villa, set the scene for a fantastic time had by all!” We have stayed in villas with pools on Gozo many times and have voted Gharb villa are favorite, so much so, that immediately on our return, we have booked again for spring 2013. On a slight elevation at the edge of the village, the villa has lots of usable, and interesting areas, ideal for alfresco dining, evening drinks, stone walled courtyard and barbaque area with arches, step down to a fantastic (gated} pool area that can be closed off from young children when needed. The villa is fully equipped for all self catering, cooking and barbecuing needs. Car hire is essential especially if you like to eat out ,but you can be at numerous lovely little bays, villages, towns and interesting places within a ten to fifteen minute leisurely drive. The island is lovely, the people are lovely, the villa is lovely. can't wait.....
This is a lovely house on an unspoilt island – just perfect. The accommodation has everything you could need and has been done up to a very high standard – the sculptures dotted around the place h… More
Thank you for your most positive response and I am so pleased that your holiday was a great success. The villa and Gozo must tick all the right boxes for you as this is your fourth visit over the last 7 or 8 years. Once the magic of Gozo hits you, it is difficult to stay away! As you say, the sea food in Gozo is quite special - the variety and the freshness is second to none. On most days early in the morning, there is a fish stall in the man square at the top of Republic Street, or at St. Francis Square a few minutes walk away. Most of the fish is local to the waters around the island and has been caught the night before, so it is as fresh as can be. You need to get to them before 10.30 in the morning as they often sell out after that and are packing away.There is also a wonderful fishmongers on the way to Mgarr, the harbour.
“A perfect, tranquil place to stay for all the family”
Reviewed 2 Sep 2012
Having researched several farmhouses and villas on Gozo, we decided to plump for Gharb Villa; we are so glad we did, as from our initial contact with the owner, Juginder, it exceeded our expectations … More
“Fabulous Villa on a Beautiful Island”
Reviewed 7 Dec 2016
My husband and I stayed at this fabulous villa during the first week of September 2016. From the moment we stepped in through the front door we were struck with its ambience and character. We understa… More
My Gozo Villa - Villa Mia, Xaghra, Gozo:
We have stayed in some beautiful villas over the years and I am sorry to say that this is not one of them - advertised as luxurious but actually tir… More
Thanks for the feedback Maureen. We’re committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service and your comments help us to achieve this. good or bad, we strive to provide the best value for our guests. I have responded to you main points below
1) Whilst it is extremely subjective My Gozo Villa is contemporary designed and is has been highly recommended by previous guests on numerous occasions. The images you see on our website are not retouched and the villa is spotlessly clean at all times. You use the term "tired and old furniture" and feel disappointed you have chosen such harsh words as we do not agree with them. The Villa has been approved by the Malta Tourist board who do a fantastic job in making sure each property is graded correctly.
2) You mentioned you late check in and I have to agree with your comments on this particular issue. As you are aware. I had explained the unfortunate incident that had occurred as to the reason why you where kept waiting which at the time you fully understood and accepted our unreserved apology. We have always arranged for the caretaker to meet our guests as our property is difficult to find. We are now reviewing this process to ensure our future guests are not kept waiting again.
3) Our Villa is very popular and as you may appreciate with any home, maintenance issue will arise. You had mentioned that Ray our caretaker had not turned up to sort some issues you had a couple of days after you arrived. We have checked the timetable and spoken to Ray - he called over twice day over a period of your short stay but you did not answer the door. We have policy that if you are in the villa and your car is outside the caretaker should not enter the villa using the spare key but knock on the door to get your attention. This is what he did but there was no response. We also sent you Ray's direct mobile number to make contact with him but he did not receive any calls from you during your stay. I fully appreciate that if you are having fun in the pool you may not have heard the knock on the door. Because of your feedback we now have instructed our caretaker to leave a note under the door this way all guests will be aware he turned up.
4) No air conditioning. Maureen , we believe your negative feedback stems from this point. My Gozo Villa has never advertised that the property is equipped with air conditioning. In your feedback you acknowledged this but before and during your stay you kept insisting that we had informed you that the villa did have air conditioning when you initially enquired about staying at the property. We fully appreciate that Malta was the hottest its been for 50 years during your stay and no doubt it would be hot and uncomfortable. Each room has free standing fans as you where informed before your arrival. I can fully understand how uncomfortable it can get when its so hot but I hope you can now appreciate that your suggestion of being misinformed is not accurate.
5) You mentioned I have not responded to emails. I have personally responded to all your emails and was awaiting a reply to my email I sent to you early September. If you can reply or call me I will happily discuss the issues and make every effort to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
Thanks again for your feedback – we’ve certainly learned from it and it will help us to provide the very best to future customers.
“A stylish apartment in a lovely setting.” A well finished, comfortable apartment with everything you could need. Useful outside terrace space attached to the apartment and two peaceful public pool areas. The apartment was easily accessible from the ferry, with well priced, good restaurants and supermarkets 10 mins walk away from the complex. Mario, the owner was extremely helpful giving lots of helpful information about the area. Lots of opportunities for scuba diving for the beginner or experienced diver. One of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had.
From the first moment we contacted Mario, we felt instantly at ease and confident that a stay in his apartment would be everything we could hope for. I was looking for an apartment which would suit my… More
“Beautiful island, impressive and stylish place”
Reviewed 22 Oct 2012
Mario's apartment in Fort Chambray was great, and the Fort Chambray complex is very stylish, although it was very quiet when we were there during October. We imagine in the summer season, it would be… More
“Absolutely perfect - Made our holiday!”
Reviewed 29 Aug 2012
I stayed at the apartment with my husband and our 4 children (15, 13, 3 and 1). First off, Mario and his wife Anna were incredibly friendly and accomodating even having a couple of bottles of wine wai… More
Consiglio a chiunque voglia fare una vacanza immersa nella pace e bellezza dell'isola,inoltre i proprietari sono molto accoglienti e disponibili a dare suggerimenti ed indicazioni su come visitare l'i… More