“Lovely stay in tranquil Quinta.” We had a lovely stay at the Quinta Japonesa. We had the apartment called Casa de Baixo, which was clean and had everything we needed.
The owners (a couple with 2 kids) made us feel very welcome, especially with breakfast,
love the fresh-baked bread.
The environment is green and quiet, ideal for us, hikers, and if you want to see stars at night it's the place to be.
And the owners have enough information about local restaurants and little villages, which is very nice because these things aren't always on the internet, especially the "not so touristic" kind. Would love to return someday.
“Artistic house and beautiful surroundings that truly inspired me” I rented the house with my partner and my mother in November for a long weekend. We took the train down from London to Marmande station- lovely trip- and settled in straight away.
Some highlights include:
-The house - absolutely stunning. So artistic and eclectic, but also luxurious with the finest bed linen and really comfy beds
- Mushroom picking in Laurette's beautiful gardens
- Cycle rides in the beautiful (and thankfully quite flat) local countryside
- Lunch in medieval St Emilion followed by wine sampling in the many wine shops..oops and I bought a persian rug
- Walking through the typical French market of La Reole speaking to local producers of goats cheese and donkey milk soap
- Lora- so sweet and helpful. She gave us loads of advice about what to do, where to go and made fabulous organic breakfasts for us
I would definitely recommend Manoir Laurette for a couple or family. I felt so relaxed after a long weekend there and it brought out my artistic side - I felt really inspired and positive after my trip.