With one of the most sought after locations in England, Ullswater Far Boathouse has stunning views over Lake Ullswater from the lounge, balcony, private lake frontage or the decked terrace overlooking the lake. The boathouse is the perfect hideaway, romantic or honeymoon retreat at any time of year with a real sense of escapism as it is tucked away via half a mile lane from the rest of the world.
Imagine waking up to your own private spectacular view over the most romantic lake in England. The Ullswater Far Boathouse is a perfect year round combination of privacy and luxury for a honeymoon hideaway or idyllic retreat for two.
The Ullswater Far Boathouse offers you a stunning water’s edge view of Ullswater lake with a floor to roof glass wall overlooking the lake. Whether you are curled up with a book on a luxurious sofa looking out at white sailboats from the nearby sailing school, or relaxing outside on the balcony at dusk, watching the gold and orange sunset colours reflect off the fells onto the perfectly still water, you will understand why so many visitors think that Ullswater is arguably the most romantic lake in England for “getting away from it all” and “recharging your batteries.”
The Ullswater Far Boathouse enjoys an idyllic secluded location accessed down a tree lined lane to private grounds well hidden behind gates. But Ullswater Far Boathouse has a luxury secret! It is actually located at the far end of the extensive grounds of Leeming Country House Hotel, a luxurious Macdonald Hotel property and restaurant that has been remodeled to a high luxury standard and a wonderful place for weddings and events. This means that just a short stroll away from the boathouse, the restaurant and facilities of the hotel are available to use. If you are exploring by car, just a 10 minute drive around Ullswater, you’ll discover the renowned Sharrow Bay Restaurant and Rampsbeck Country House both famous for their spectacular dining experiences with views over Ullswater.
The Ullswater Far Boathouse has recently been refurbished to a luxury standard for guests to visit any time of the year. It is particularly special as it is a larger boathouse providing ample room for two guests.
The boathouse has electric panel heaters and comprises:
* Entrance hallway.
* Double bedroom with sensual satin and fur throws, full wall of fitted wardrobes housing a personal safe and wall mounted plasma TV.
* Shower room with ‘double’ shower cubicle, vanity unit and WC.
* Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with contemporary style electric fire, wall mounted plasma TV, DVD player, games table, i-Pod dock, desk and full length picture windows giving access to the balcony and stunning views over the lake.
* Dining area
* Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher, wine cooler, microwave and tea and coffee facilities.
* All electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns and a hair dryer included.
* A complimentary bottle of Champagne on arrival for bookings of 3 nights or more.
* Sorry there is no cot available as this property is not suitable for children.
* Private parking.
* Garden with generous decked area with seating overlooking the lake, private jetty and lake frontage with seating.
CLICK HERE to see all our luxury Lake District cottages
Additional amenities include: october half term availability, 5* cottages, open fire or wb stove no, garden or outdoor area, no. bathrooms: 1, romantic breaks, may half term availability, christmas and new year availability, bedrooms 1: 1, parking facilities: private parking, sleeps 2, no. bedrooms: 1, february half term availability, cottages for 2, fishing holidays, ullswater, pets no, summer school holidays, bathrooms 1: 1, changeover any day, midweek & weekend short break, star grading: 5*, easter availability, double beds: 1, price from £225 pn, lakes cottage holiday 5*. …see more