Haus Ashling Bed & Breakfast
from £34 /night help
B&B | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 16
"Ski out - Ski Home" - Haus Ashling Bed & Breakfast was built in 2002 in the traditional Austrian Alpine style, with all the facilities you would expect from a modern home. All our rooms are bright and clean with en-suite facilities, cable TV, hairdryer and Wi-Fi Internet access. This is the ideal place for your ski-ing or walking holiday as we are beside the "piste", walking paths and just 8 minutes walk from the pedestrianised area in the town centre.
We are situated in an elevated position overlooking the town, lake and mountains of Zell am See. Because of our situation there is a steep 3 minute walk to our house from the public road.
Wonderful location for walkers and skiers.
Please note that there are no self catering facilities in Haus Ashling
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Zell lake 400 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||400 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Salzburg 80 km, Nearest railway: Zell am See 400 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, Staffed property, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms of which 5 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Double beds (6), Cots (1), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 16|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden|
|Further details indoors|
We have a fantastic sitting room where you can relax at our residents bar and discuss the events of the day with your friends and other guests. We also have board games available. This room has panoramic views from all its many windows.
Some of our large family rooms have large balconies with panoramic views of the town, lake and surrounding mountains.
|Further details outdoors|
- In the summer there are lots to do, hillwalking, swimming, sailing and windsurfing in the lake. White-water river rafting in one of the nearby rivers. Paragliding and cycling. It is also possible to ski in the summer as well as winter in the nearby Glacier.
- Winter - WE ARE ON THE PISTE where you can "Ski In - Ski Out", snow permitting. It is possible to ski from Haus Ashling to the City Express (gondola lift) in the mornings and ski home in the evenings after an eventful day on the mountains. The resort of Kaprun and the Kitzsteinhorn Glacier are included in the local lift pass.
Summer - minimim stay 3 days. On your arrival we will give you information / maps / brochures about the area and assist you in any way we can to make your holiday a success.
50% deposit payable on booking (bank details supplied). The balance is due 4 weeks prior to arrival. There is also a Visitor Tax of €1.00 per person per night which we are obliged to collect on behalf of the Tourise Office.
Ski Season bookings are taken on a 7 day basis only, Saturday to Saturday to facilitate Ski School which begins on Sundays.
The Salzburg Region
- Summer time, June - September nice and warm with the odd rain shower. When you go to the top of the mountains the air is crisp and clean and a wonderful place to spend a day. Zell am See is a medeivial town with lots of history. The centre is pedestrianised and very quaint with lots of traditional alpine houses In July and August there is a weekly summerfest on Wednesday evenings, markets, etc... The Kitzsteinhorn Glacier (3,000 meters high) is a must on your visit to this region.
- Winter - Ski-ing / Wintersports from mid-December to mid-April...... with lots of snow here and in the nearby glacier with guaranteed snow.
Zell am See
- In summer there is an array of colourful windowboxes throughout the town which are fabulous. Why not go for a walk by the lake, do a bit of shopping and relax in one of the many coffee shops where the cakes are wonderful. There are 2 back-to-back 18 hole golf courses which are of the best you will find in Austria. These courses have fabulous views of the "Kitzsteinhorn" (glacier).
- In wintertime the lake freezes for a few weeks where you can walk across to the other side, ice-skate, etc. Every Wednesday night from end of December to end of February there is a display of snow-boarders and skiers jumping like crazy for about an hour - all this happens right beside Haus Ashling.
- Zell am See is a friendly family resort which also caters for the young people with lots of lively bars
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
17 Jan 2015
"The best pitse side Alpine retreat in Zell am See"
The Haus Ashling is a generously proportioned, purpose built B&B ran by the most gracious and inviting hosts you are ever likely to meet. Wake up under a feather duvet, shuffle sleepily to the breakfa… More
23 Feb 2014
"Excellent location. Excellent hosts. Ski to door ski out."
Both Eugene and Margaret are excellent hosts and made us feel welcome the minute we arrived. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 14 & 8. They run a very clean and efficient guest haus. It … More
You're booking with
Eugene and Margaret O.
- 6 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:14 Jan 2015
Based in Austria
- Salzburg Region
- 597 properties
- 31 properties
- Bad Ischl
- 17 properties
- 14 properties
- Haus im Ennstal
- 13 properties
- Ramsau am Dachstein
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- Bad Goisern
- 9 properties
- St. Wolfgang
- 8 properties