Sorry, that home is no longer available
Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 11
In the very beautiful village of Vassilikos, 14km from Zakynthos town, and only 1.2 km from the worldwide-famous Caretta-Caretta sea turtles nesting beach Gerakas, stands “Casa Domenica”, a Venetian style villa, which used to be monastery in the 17th century. The Zakynthian historical family of Romas, acquired it in the early 1900 to become one of the family's summer residences. Today it's newly rebuilded and redecorated with care and style (during 2012) as a modern house with some old details, where it's ideal for a country summer house.
It's located, in an elevated amazing spot, at the end of Vassilikos peninsula, in an land of 5,000 m2. From the one side, the excellent view of the Ionian Sea, with the scarp of Gerakas beach, and the hills with pine forests. From the back side of the house, there are olive groves, and you have the view of the Zakynthian mountains with a very beautiful sunset.
Next to the house, there's a 19nth century-private family Chapel and a warehouse.
The outdoor area has a big veranda in the front with large dining area, patio with sitting area, pergola with sitting area, 2 dining areas, gardens, garage, outdoor built-in traditional BBQ and oven.
The house accommodates up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms, in a 220m2 area. It has 2 bathrooms with showers, 2 indoor dining areas, living room with large sitting area and fireplace, fully equipment kitchen, furnished entrance hall and laundry room with washing machine, iron and iron board, small reading corner. It is equipped with CABLE TV, DVD, Wi-Fi, portable radio CD.
• Master bedroom, with a double bed, fireplace, ceiling fan and A/C, private veranda with amazing view.
• Double bed bedroom, with ceiling fan and A/C, with olive grows and Zakynthian Mountains view.
• Two single beds bedroom, with ceiling fan and A/C, olive grows and Zakynthian Mountains view.
• One bathroom.
• Two single beds bedroom, with back yard view.
• One bathroom.
• Two times a week housekeeping (daily upon request)
• Two times a week change linen and towels
• Top quality linens and towels
• Baby cot/baby chair (on request)
• Ceiling Fans
• Air Conditions
• Garage (Gated property)
• Free Wi-Fi Internet access
• Portable radio CD player
• Fireplace (2)
• Outdoor shower
• Two person swing
• Fully equipped kitchen with: oven, stove, refrigerator (2), coffee machine, toaster, mini mixer, juicer
• Laundry room with washing machine, iron, iron board
• Safety box
• Snorkeling equipment
Amenities on request:
• Rent a car, scooter or bicycle
• Rent a boat
• Cruise around the island
• Horse riding
• Scuba diving lessons
• Beach towels
• Zakynthos town 14km
• Airport 17 km
• Port 14km
• Hospital 15km
• Mini market 0,3km
• Tavern -Coffee shop 50m
Vassilikos has the most beautiful sandy beaches on the island, with restaurants, bars and water sports in crystal waters:
• Gerakas 1km-10min walk
• Porto Roma 1,5km-10min walk
• Mavratzis 2km-10min walk
• St Nicolas 3km-15min walk
• Banana Casa Playa 2.8km
• Banana Baya 2.9km
• Porto Azzuro 3.2km
• Porto Zoro 4km
• Dafni Beach 7km
Also, large part of the peninsula is in the nature reserve Marina Park. Vassilikos has mountains and hills with pine forests for long walks, rides or hiking.
Although the house is in a very quiet and private area, pretty close from it, there is a plethora of little romantic taverns with traditional food or live singing cantatas.
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|