House | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Situated at the western end of Whitsand Bay, the coastline that Portwrinkle forms part of is characterised by high cliffs, dramatic scenery and long stretches of sandy beaches just waiting to be discovered. Traditionally a fishing village, Portwrinkle itself comprises solely of a harbour from which two beaches are accessible, and its isolated location attracts visitors in search of tranquillity amidst beautiful natural surroundings.
Offering stunning sea views in a tranquil setting, Bayview is the ideal coastal retreat for visitors in search of escapism. Comfortably sleeping 8, the property features stylish interior furnishings along with a fully equipped modern kitchen forming part of the open plan living area. With four bedrooms on offer visitors will be spoilt for choice, with the family bathroom also including the luxury of a steam room.
Externally, the decked patio area features a wooden barrell-style hot tub and furniture, providing the ideal spot to relax and soak up the magnificent views or even indulge in a little al fresco dining. And dog owners need not worry about their best friend escaping as the garden is secure and enclosed.
The Whitsand Bay and Downderry Golf Club is within a 5 minute stroll and is home to 18 holes set in truly spectacular surroundings. The clubs on-site hotel welcomes non-residents to use their facilities which include an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, solarium, steam room, gym and spa (fees payable locally).
Located just a short drive to the west is the popular fishing town of Looe, renowned for its’ local produce served within a number of harbourside restaurants. Other attractions include the picturesque beaches, sailing and fishing trips with Looe home to the Shark Angling Club of Great Britain. For visitors wishing to give their car a holiday too then follow the 8 mile coastal path linking Portwrinkle and Looe providing a great opportunity to soak up the sea air and rewarding views on route.
Exploring further inland and Portwrinkle is within easy driving distance of a number of Cornish attractions. Spend the day at the world famous Eden Project or the Lost Gardens of Heligan, both in St Austell, or visit any number of historic houses owned by the National Trust including Antony House where filming took place for the recent Disney movie Alice in Wonderland. No visit to Cornwall would be complete without visiting some of its iconic beaches which range from isolated coves to expanses of golden sands all just waiting to be discovered.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay 67.43 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- The open plan living area benefits from stunning sea views and leads down to a large decked balcony.
- Furnished with a pair of matching sofas and small coffee tables.
- Features a flat screen TV and stylish wall mounted fire.
- Children's den features a flat screen TV and Blu-ray DVD player.
- Dining area comprises of a glass topped dining table with six matching chairs.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with granite worktops and featuring an electric oven, gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher.
- Full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, kettle and toaster.
- An additional utility room features a washer and dryer.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a double bed, bedside units with matching lamps, antique style wardrobe and wicker chair.
- En-suite comprises of a shower cubicle, wash basin, wc and heated towel rail.
Bedroom two with en-suite
- Benefits from sky lights.
- Furnished with a double bed and bedside units.
- Features a wall mounted flat screen TV and fire place.
- En-suite comprises of a w.c, shower cubicle, wash basin and heated towel rail.
- Furnished with two single beds.
- Furnished with bunk beds.
- Family bathroom comprises of a w.c, walk in shower/steam room and bath.
- En-suite to bedroom one comprises of a shower cubicle, wash basin, wc and heated towel rail.
- En-suite to bedroom two comprises of a w.c, shower cubicle, wash basin and heated towel rail.
|Further details outdoors|
- Secure, fully enclosed garden featuring a decked area offering fantastic sea views.
- Features a wooden barrell-style hot tub, wooden patio table and matching seating. Please note: The water in the hot tub is changed before arrival, it may take up to 24 hours for the water to reach optimum temperature. During this time the hot tub will be unavailable.
- Designated parking for 2 cars.
- Explore the stunning coastline forming part of the South West Coastal Path.
- In close proximity to the city of Plymouth offering an array of activities, shopping and culinary delights.
Please note: The water in the hot tub is changed before arrival, it may take up to 24 hours for the water to reach optimum temperature. During this time the hot tub will be unavailable.
The West Country region
South Cornwall, a secluded and beautiful part of the West Country, is the perfect retreat at any time of year. South Cornwall holidays offer a true escape, the area’s isolated stretches of coastline are strewn with charming whitewashed villages reminiscent of times passed. Enjoy a stay in a South Cornwall holiday cottage and discover the truth behind the mysterious legends and ancient sites that give South Cornwall its fascinating character. Visitors to Cornwall will be treated to dramatic scenery, from wooded valleys to jagged cliffs, as the setting for their holiday.
Mousehole is famous for its Christmas illuminations around the harbour
South Cornwall boasts the Tate St Ives and the Newlyn Art Gallery, near Penzance
St Austell Brewery has been brewing beer and real ale since 1851
The long beach at Whitsand Bay, backed by great cliffs, makes an impressive backdrop to a quiet corner of Cornwall. Away from other tourist trap destinations this stretch of coast is a haven for those looking to get away from it all yet is very close to popular attractions such as Looe, Dartmoor and the Eden Project.
Portwrinkle is a small village on the south east coast of Cornwall with a fine view along Whitsand Bay and a history which stretches back to medieval times. Nestled in a steep sided valley running down to the sea, Downderry is an elegant little coastal village, totally uncommercialised, but offering all the amenities you would expect from a traditional Cornish village with its own Church of England church, Methodist chapel, a shop with Post Office, pub, restaurant, coffee shop and a primary school.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:24 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 422 properties
- 256 properties
- 186 properties
- 163 properties
- 153 properties
- 76 properties
- 72 properties
- 70 properties
- 54 properties
- 49 properties
- Whitsand Bay
- 44 properties
- 36 properties
- 31 properties
- Noss Mayo
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- Seaton, Cornwall
- 11 properties
- 7 properties
- St Dominick
- 6 properties