Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The lay out of the property has been well thought out to maximise the use of the space that was available on the building plot. The property is located in town it is a newly built property only 6 years old. It is close to everything that is happening in the town, so you can park up the car and not need it for the whole time you are on holiday.
Unless of course you want to visit the village of Goathland and walk the TV set of the village that is featured in Heartbeat, the garage the pub the post office etc. Take a trip to the village of Gromount the home of the Harry potter steam train take a trip out on this train and admire the scenery of the north Yorkshire moors fantastic views of the country side.
Not forgetting of cause the amusements and beach for the kids enjoy some fresh air with fish and chips at the as featured on the TV the Magpie cafe along the harbour side.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Whitby and Sands end 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Teesside (Durham tees valley) 71.3 km, Nearest railway: Whitby 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
Northern England region
• Welcome to Captain Cook land from where the endeavour sailed for Australia.
• Walk along the streets of Whitby where scenes of heartbeat have been shot and sometimes scenes recorded from Skinner Street itself have appeared on the Heartbeat TV program.
• Visit the Gothic abbey, climb the steps to the top of the cliff. Call in and buy some freshly smoked kippers on the way as appeared on the two old ladies cooking UK TV show.
The property is located in town it is a newly built detached property only 2 years old. It is close to everything that is happening in the town so you can park up the car and not need it for the whole time you are on holiday.
• Visit the village of Goathland and walk the TV set of the village that is featured on Heartbeat, the garage, the pub, the post office etc.
• Take a trip to the village of Gromount the home of the Harry potter steam train take a trip out on this train and admire the scenery of the north Yorkshire moors fantastic views of the country side.
• Take in a bit of the Dracula theme in the town as this is the place where some of the book was written by Bram Stoker.
• There is a museum in walking distance displaying the History of the areas heritage.
• Visit the Abbey on the top of the hill on the coast line, visit the museum and take the tour of the history of the Abbey by hiring a mobile guide giving you the history and the historical story as you walk around the grounds of the Abbey from its life in times gone by.
• There are Gothic weekends and some fantastic costumes that are worn by these guys and girls at certain times of the year. Taking in the Victorian clothes to others if you like fancy dress outfits on people walking around the town and the town coming alive with the Victorian way of dress. The whole town adapts and is into the spirit of these events.
• There are 60’s music weekends and not forgetting the Whitby regatta in the summer so lots to do and see throughout the whole year really.
Wake up in the morning to the sea gulls singing and the smell of fresh bread baking from the bakery directly opposite. If it’s a Sunday the church is just across the road and pick up your morning paper from Peters Paper shop next door while also picking up your lottery winnings if you have been lucky the night before. How good is that for the start of your relaxing holiday break.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
20 Feb 2014
"Compact but has everything"
My wife and I stayed with 2 friends for a long weekend. We were warmly welcomed by Ivy with a bottle of wine. Great location, and the cottage has everything. A lot larger accommodation would have had … More
30 Dec 2013
"Small but very practical"
Tumble cottage is small but very practical, everything has been thought about, 4 adults stayed for 3 nights, Ideal for 2 persons or a small family, for 4 adults you must all get on, there's no hi… More
24 Nov 2013
"Lovely little cottage"
Perfect home from home,as everything you need,very clean,central location,would def visit again when visiting whitby,there's a pub next door the granby excellent food( no noise from there) and a … More
18 Nov 2013
"clean and comfortable"
clean,cosy,comfortable and good location in the centre of whitby.nicely decorated and well equipped with everything you would need,dog friendly too.good value for the price,ideal for couples.… More
28 Oct 2013
"Cosy place in the heart of Whitby"
Ivy was really welcoming and showed us where everything was.The cottage is right in Whitby which was great for us as it meant we only had a very short walk to the pavilion! Everything is beautifully … More
15 Oct 2013
"Clean, Cosy & Comfortable."
Spotlessly clean. A lovely cottage and thank you for the little extras, such as a most welcome bottle of wine, milk and some yummy sweets.
27 May 2013
"Centrelly located and home from home"
We stayed two nights and will be returning again. Well laid out and all we could ask for was provided. Yes there is a pub next door (The Granby Hotel) but not attached to the cottage and warm and welc… More
7 Oct 2012
"Lovely, clean and great location."
Stayed for weekend with partner and parents. The cottage is small but fine for a weekend stay. Ivy the owner greeted when we arrived and was lovely. There was wine, tea, coffee, sweets and milk provi… More
16 Sep 2012
"excellent 5****** accomodation"
Just got back from this adorable cottage so well equiped everything you need and more thanks Ivy for the wine and chocs and milk and nice friendly welcome we will definitely be back
31 Jul 2012
"Cute cottage, but noisy."
We stayed at Tumble Cottage in June for one Saturday night - we were doing a charity hike from Staithes to Whitby on the Sunday and didn't want to travel up too early, so decided to stay over. T… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
90% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 391 properties
- 149 properties
- Scarborough, Yorkshire
- 144 properties
- 140 properties
- 78 properties
- 39 properties
- 38 properties
- 37 properties
- 21 properties
- 19 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 10 properties
- Stamford Bridge
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Low Hawsker
- 6 properties
- 6 properties