Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Silklake is a modern two bedroom, reverse level apartment on the ground floor, boasting access to the on-site indoor heated swimming pool and perfect location near to the attractions of Portland and the 2012 Olympic Sailing venue.
Internally, the property benefits from an open plan living, kitchen and dining area and is well equipped throughout including the use of wireless internet. The addition of the swimming pool (weather permitted) offers a great way to relax and unwind after a day of exploring the Dorset coastline. Externally, the fully furnished patio area provides the perfect atmosphere for dining al fresco.
The property is within walking distance of the cafes, pubs and shops of Portland. Also within a short walk is the magnificent Chesil Beach – an 18 mile long shingle beach. During your stay be sure to take a walk around Portland Marina, this location offers some of the finest small boat sailing waters in Northern Europe, and is the official venue for the Olympic sailing events in 2012.
For a greater selection of amenities and attractions, the traditional seaside town of Weymouth can be reached within a 15 minute drive. Weymouth boasts a large expanse of golden sand, complete with Punch and Judy show and donkey rides in the summer. In Weymouth you will also find an abundance of shops, restaurants and cafes to enjoy as well as numerous attractions such as The Sea Life Park and Marine Sanctuary.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bournemouth International 72 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool|
|General||TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool|
|Further details indoors|
- Open plan living/kitchen/dining area.
- Furnished with two leather sofas seating four and a coffee table.
- Features a flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player and Ipod docking station.
- Complete with a selection of DVDs and board games.
- The apartment has Wi-Fi throughout.
- Dining area overlooking the pool, complete with a table and four chairs.
- Features a double electric oven, fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
- Fully equipped with a range of utensils including a microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere.
- Furnished with a king-size bed, double wardrobe with integrated drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Also features a flatscreen TV with FreeSat.
- Furnished with twin beds, double wardrobe with integrated drawers and a bedside cabinet with lamp.
- Also features a flatscreen TV with FreeSat
- Fully-tiled bathroom featuring a wc, wash basin, shower cubicle, mirror and shaving point.
|Further details outdoors|
- Accessed by one step to the front of the property.
- Access to the on-site heated indoor swimming pool (5ft depth throughout and weather permitted).
- Access to the hot tub.
- Patio complete with table and seating for four.
- Outside boiler room with storage area.
- Off-street parking for one car.
The West Country region
Dorset’s beautiful and dramatic scenery has long made the county a favourite with writers, poets and film crews. Jurassic cliffs plunge alongside picturesque harbour towns and coastal resorts, providing an impressive backdrop for the many popular Dorset holiday destinations. Blue Chip Holidays can offer Dorset holiday cottages in many of the county’s towns, each of which has a slightly different experience to offer than the next.
Poole has one of the world’s largest natural harbours
Portland Castle was built in 1539 by Henry VIII to defend Weymouth
Tours of Thomas Hardy’s Dorset are operated throughout the county
Weymouth town and Portland island are steeped in history. From Roman Galleys to Spanish Galleons the harbour and Island have seen more than their fair share of naval history and Royal patronage. While Henry VIII contented himself building forts to stave off foreign invasion, George III made Weymouth his summer holiday residence, attracting many wealthy ladies and gentlemen to the fashionable seaside town, and influencing its architecture leaving many magnificent buildings, statues and landmarks.
Blessed with beaches that range from the pebble rich 18 mile Chesil Beach tombolo, to Weymouth Beach’s sandy shores, Weymouth and Portland have a great choice of places to visit and enjoy in both the hot summer months and the wild winter weeks. Add this to miles of stunning Jurassic coastline, a great range of family friendly attractions and a good choice of museums, and you have a surprisingly rich range of activities to keep you busy during your stay in the area.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:21 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 274 properties
- 130 properties
- 126 properties
- 103 properties
- 87 properties
- Lyme Regis
- 63 properties
- 52 properties
- Seaton, Devon
- 44 properties
- Blandford Forum
- 42 properties
- 41 properties
- Sherborne, Dorset
- 31 properties
- 27 properties
- 26 properties
- 16 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Corfe Castle
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Milton Abbas
- 6 properties