Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
59 Horizon View is a penthouse apartment within the Horizon View development, offering a contemporary open plan living area and balcony with views across the coastline and out to sea.
Internally, the apartment is furnished to a contemporary, high standard throughout with floor to ceiling windows which make the most of the panoramic sea views. Externally, the furnished balcony provides the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the coastline whilst enjoying the extensive views out to sea.
The property benefits from secure underground parking with additional parking at ground level. Two lifts serve the principal apartment blocks from lower ground parking level to each upper floor. Extensive soft landscaping, planting and feature lighting add further ambiance to the grounds of Horizon View.
Westward Ho! offers an array of seaside amenities, quaint streets, colourful architecture and fascinating curiosity shops. The beach in front of the development is known as the Golden Bay and currently holds a 'Blue Flag' award.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 98.49 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors||
- Open plan living/kitchen/dining area.
- Furnished with an L-shaped sofa seating six, armchair and a glass top coffee table with matching side tables.
- Features a 42” Panasonic Viera TV with Freesat, Blu-Ray player and a Bose sound system with ipod docking station.
- Wood flooring throughout.
- Large double doors lead out onto the balcony.
- Dining area complete with a glass top table with seating for four.
- Contemporary kitchen with granite worktops, featuring an electric oven, hob and fridge freezer.
- Full range of appliances and utensils including a microwave, kettle, toaster and cafetiere.
- Hall cupboard with washer dryer and dishwasher.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Furnished with a king-size bed, fitted wardrobe and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Double patio doors lead out onto the balcony with views out to sea.
- En-suite bathroom complete with a 'P' shaped bath with shower over, wc, wash basin, triple mirror fronted cupboard, shaver point and heated towel rail.
- Furnished with twin beds, fitted double wardrobes and two bedside cabinets with lamps.
- Main bathroom features a double shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, mirror fronted wall units, shaver point and heated towel rail.
|Further details outdoors||
- Situated on the fifth floor.
- Balcony with a table and seating for four.
- Extensive sea views from the balcony accessed from the living area and bedroom one.
- Storage space with the apartment includes body boards for guest use.
- Secure designated parking space.
- Within yards of the beach.
- Short walk to the town centre.
- Ideal location for activities including walking, cycling and various watersports.
The West Country region
North Devon holidays and the great outdoors go hand in hand, with the area’s rugged landscapes, Atlantic coastline and stunning natural sites. The Atlantic coast of North Devon is renowned for its excellent surfing conditions – and surfers flock to the area from all over world to take advantages of the famous waves. A break in one of our North Devon holiday cottages will place guests amidst intriguing towns, the beautiful Exmoor National Park and of course, some fine surfing locations! North Devon’s dramatic scenery and unique beauty make it a true escape to the country.
North Devon is a Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
The North Devon & Exmoor Walking Festival is held every Autumn
Exmoor Zoo is home to 200 different species
Westward Ho! was named after the book of the same name written by Charles Kingsley in the mid 1800. It has two miles of sandy beach known as the Golden Bay, and is famous for its Pebble Ridge, which lies between the beach and Northam Burrows Country Park. Here you will find the Royal North Devon Golf Course and a large area of sand dunes home to a rich variety of birds, insects and wild flowers. Horses, cattle and sheep graze on the Burrows as they did on common land in days gone by.
Holidaymakers and locals alike enjoy bathing, surfing, canoeing, and kite surfing - just a few of the sports practiced here making it an ideal base for an active holiday. The South Western Coastal Path runs through Westward Ho! and the Tarka Trail is close by - a must for cyclists and walkers. For relaxation and inspiration, take the ferry across to Lundy Island, an un-spoilt land playing a muse to photographers, writers and artists.