Herons Well Holiday Cottage
About the home
"Self Catering Accommodation of the Year" 2010 & 2011!
Herons Well is a 5* Gold holiday cottage in a rural setting on the Wirral, offering luxury accommodation for up to six guests. This spacious property has three en-suite bedrooms, two double rooms on the first floor and one full size twin room on the ground floor.
The spacious open plan living accommodation offers underfloor heating, a lounge with three comfortable sofas, a log fire, wide screen TV/DVD player and complimentary Wi-Fi is provided.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Meols, 1km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Parking space|
Further details indoors:
The fully integrated oak kitchen boasts a range cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave and a wine cooler. The dining room seats six and overlooks the garden. There is also an additional ground floor cloakroom and a separate laundry with automatic washing machine and a tumble dryer.
This holiday home is ideal for families and mixed generation groups. It is also ideal for the less able bodied traveller or a wheelchair user, as there is level parking beside the cottage, all doorways are extra wide with level access and the ground floor is level throughout. The ground floor bedroom has an adapted bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath and a separate level entry shower. The private walled garden can also be accessed via level entry patio doors from the lounge and the dinning room. This home has been graded Level 2 Mobility by the National Accessible Scheme.
Further details outdoors:
Herons Well has a large private garden which is walled and gated making it a safe environment for children to play. It is mostly paved with raised borders; stylish garden furniture with seating for six and a BBQ are provided for your enjoyment.
Regretfully we do not accept pets at this property and smoking is not permitted inside Herons Well.
Parties of any kind are strictly forbidden in the property. We do not accept stag, hen or student parties.
All Bookings are made subject to the Herons Well Terms & Conditions a copy of which can be viewed on our website.
Payments can be accepted by credit or debit card, bank transfer cash or cheque.
1. All Bookings are subject to the terms and conditions detailed below (the ‘Booking Terms’) and are between the person identified as the Lead Guest in the Booking Form (‘You’ / ‘Your’) and JA and GE Lavelle (‘We’ / ‘Us’ / ‘Our’).
2. Bookings can only be made by persons over 21 years of age and will only be confirmed when the completed Booking Form and payments have been received by Us.
3. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate a Booking at Our sole discretion at any time.
4. In consideration of Your Booking You will have exclusive access to Herons Well for the Term detailed on the Booking Form.
5. Bookings are made in accordance with the Booking Pricelist from time to time in force.
6. We reserve the right to amend, alter or replace any or all of the Booking Terms without notice.
7. You warrant that the number in the party is as stated on the Booking Form. Only persons detailed in the Booking Form are authorised to use or otherwise have access to Herons Well. Renters who exceed occupancy numbers will be subject to eviction.
8. Guests have no right of tenure and are required to act respectfully and lawfully at all times.
9. You are responsible for Herons Well and all Guests named on the Booking Form during the Term.
10. You undertake to report any loss or damage to Us as soon as it is discovered.
11. The use of fireworks on or in the vicinity of Herons Well is forbidden.
12. Smoking is prohibited inside Herons Well although smoking is permitted outside.
13. With the exception of guide dogs, no domestic or feral animals are permitted within Herons Well at any time.
14. Whilst the Booking Fee includes a charge for cleaning Herons Well following your departure, it must be left in a clean and orderly state with all crockery and utensils clean and put away, and all rubbish removed, wrapped securely and put in the outside bin provided.
15. House parties are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
16. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the Booking Fee (the ‘Deposit’) is required to secure the Booking.
17. The balance of the Booking Fee (the “Balance”) is required 8 weeks prior to the Arrival Date (the ‘Due Date’).
18. Should the Booking Request be received within 8 weeks of the Arrival Date, the full Booking Fee is immediately due and payable. All payments are payable to “Herons Well”).
19. In the event of non-payment by the Due Date, the Booking may be cancelled and the Deposit forfeit at Our sole discretion.
Arrival and Departure
20. Arrival is permitted at any time after 3:00pm local time on the Arrival Date.
21. Departure is by 10:00am on the Departure Date with late check outs being charged a full day's rental. Our cleaning staff must have access to the property at 10 am sharp.
Cancellation and Booking Amendment(s)
22. Cancellations or requests for any amendment to the Booking must be in writing and are subject to the following discretionary charges:
22.1. 25% of the Balance is forfeit for cancellation within 8 and 6 weeks of Arrival.
22.2. 50% of the Balance is forfeit for cancellation within 6 and 4 weeks of Arrival.
22.3. 100% of the Balance is forfeit for cancellation within 4 weeks of Arrival.
We advise that you have adequate holiday cancellation insurance in place to cover all eventualities.
23. A Security Bond of £200.00 is required for all Bookings in addition to the Booking Fee. We reserve the right at Our sole discretion to deduct any costs associated with breach of the Booking Terms or replacement of any broken or damaged items from the Security Bond. If the charges payable by you exceed the Security Bond, then you will remain liable for the balance. We also reserve the right to charge you, if we are unable to let the property as a consequence of any damage caused by you.
Lost keys will be charged a fixed price of £7.00 per key for each replacement.
24. Breach of a Condition may result in summary termination of the Booking, forfeiture of part or all of the Booking Fee and / or the Security Bond at Our absolute discretion.
25. The Security Bond (or balance as may exist after appropriate deduction) is refundable within two weeks of Departure.
26. We will not be responsible for any complaint not raised in accordance with the Booking Terms.
27. Complaints must be raised with Us as soon as possible and, in any event within 24 hours to allow an opportunity to address and rectify the complaint.
28. All complaints MUST be detailed in writing prior to Departure to be valid.
29. Electric and other failures must be reported immediately to Us and repairs must not be attempted.
30. We reserve the right to enter Herons Well at any time for the purpose of checking the building and contents.
31. We will not be liable for any loss or delay caused by conditions over which We have no control. This includes, but is not limited to, any loss of enjoyment or inconvenience due to nuisance, noise or disturbance emanating from anywhere within, or in the vicinity of, Herons Well.
32. No liability is accepted for any consequential damage or loss to You or any other person caused by any breach of a contractual duty to exercise diligence in making arrangements for You during the Term.
33. We do not accept liability for injury howsoever caused as a result of the use of Herons Well.
34. No liability is accepted for loss of, or damage to, any personal property whilst at Herons Well.
35. All Bookings are subject to English Law and Jurisdiction.
The Northern England / Merseyside region
Herons Well is located in the North West of England very close to the exciting city life of Liverpool and just a short drive to the Roman City of Chester. The Lake District and North Wales are both an easy drive from here and a great day out.
The Wirral has a host of golf courses to suite all abilities and The Royal Liverpool Golf Course in Hoylake is just a short drive from Herons Well. West Kirby beach, the Marine Lake and Hilbre Island are idilic what ever the weather. Aintree Racecourse, Everton and Liverpool stadia tours are an exciting day our for all the family.
You can bring your own bikes or hire them in West Kirby and cycle along the Wirral Way or along the promenade or discover all of the quaint and picturesque villages on the Wirral such as Thornton Hough, Park Gate and Port Sunlight village.
The West Kirby / Wirral area
West Kirby is a coastal village offering windsurfing, sailing and canoeing on the Marine Lake and it boasts many restaurants, bars and bistros catering for all tastes. A great place to explore during the day and it takes on a totally different hue in the evenings when the place comes alive with the locals enjoying meals and drinks at the many bars and eateries.
The Wirral is a golfers paradise, boasting 15 courses on this small peninsula. Country parks come in abundance also, with country walks to explore the beautiful countryside and quaint local villages.
Whilst here you may like to visit Cheshire Oaks outlet village and pick up some designer bargains, explore Port Sunlight Village and The Lady Lever Art Gallery. Chester Zoo, Knowsley Safari Park and The Blue Planet Aquarium are a great day out for the children.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Liverpool John Lenon Airport - 23 miles.
Manchester International Airport - 46 miles.
By car follow the M53 and exit at Junction 2. Turn right at the traffic lights into Saughall Massie. Continue on to first roundabout and go straight on, There Lanes End Farm is immediately on the right. Drive in through the farm gates and turn right; Herons Well cottage is on your left.
Activities near West Kirby
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
03 Jun 2013
We have just had another amazing time at Herons Well. The boys have been counting down since we booked earlier in the year and are now wanting to know when they are going back again!
The setting... more
31 May 2013
Just wanted to let you know we all enjoyed our stay at the barn. The whole place has been beautifully restored and the attention to detail is amazing. All the rooms have been furnished to a high standard and the bathrooms are real luxury. They were as good as any five star hotel I've stayed in if not better!
We really enjoyed coming back to the Wirral and having a trip down memory lane and the barn was a great location to explore from especially in a family with a couple of kids.
We'll definitely be back in the future :-)
20 Feb 2013
Enjoyed a relaxing short break with my children and friends. We had great weather for February and walked on the beach and cycled on the Wirral Way. We Cooked our evening meals at Herons Well and the kitchen, cooker, pans, wisks, peelers, wine chillers... basically the kitchen and the rest of the house is equiped with everything. The house is open and warm with plenty of space. My three girls all under eight found books, games and dvd's to amuse themselves inside and enjoyed a guided tour of the farm to see the cows being milked.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|High||1 Jun 13||1 Oct 13||£ 980||£ 200||£ 200||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Monday- Friday £600
Friday - Monday £600
Three night mid week break £500
Christmas & New Year £1225
Card payments accepted.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Herons Well is available for short breaks Monday - Friday & Friday - Monday, weekly and for longer lets. Start dates Monday or Friday but can be flexilbe on occasions.
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This cottage has received 21 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday accommodation in England (22,249)