Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
• Located within easy reach of London and close to Cobham, Chertsey, Weybridge, Esher, Walton-on-Thames, Woking and Guildford. This is the ideal base for anyone visiting South East England. The apartment is in West Byfleet, a village that boasts around 19 restaurants including French, Italian, Japanese, Vietnamese, Indian and Chinese. Within a mile of Brooklands Motor Museum, Mercedes Benz World and Painshill Park, it is also just a short drive from other major tourist attractions such as Hampton Court Palace, the RHS Wisley Gardens, Wimbledon, Sandown Race Course, Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and Lego Land.
• The apartment is clean modern and has a unique feel quite unlike the 'corporate blandola' nature of many self-catering apartments. Downstairs an open-plan living space has a well-equipped contemporary kitchen, dining and sitting areas with french doors leading on to a sunny decked patio with exterior dining furniture.
• Upstairs are two bedrooms sleeping four people in ultra-comfortable beds, and one bathroom with power shower.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Heathrow, Nearest railway: West Byfleet|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• The kitchen of this property provides everything that most people would want and then some! An electric oven and separate grill, ceramic 4-ring hob, large larder fridge and separate freezer, full-size dishwasher, large-load washer-dryer, microwave, toaster, kettle, sandwich maker, blender and even a breadmaker and ice-cream maker. Plenty of quality cutlery, crockery, and pots and pans are supplied.
• The dining area has a table and four black and chrome chairs as well as an East Coast high chair for a little one.
• The sitting area has a 3-seater sofa, comfortable chair and a chaise longue as well as a coffee table, an extensive book collection, DVDs, Videos, and a flatscreen TV and DVD player. There is also a CD player and radio.
• The two bedrooms are equipped with beds that have memory-foam topped pocket-sprung mattresses, black-out blinds, full-length mirrors, and clothes storage. A Baby Dan travel cot and mattress is available and a single fold up bed suitable for a child sleeping in the main (parents') bedroom . The main bedroom has a double bed whilst the smaller bedroom has twin beds which can be joined to make a 5 foot (Kingsize) double. Hairdryers are provided in each bedroom.
|Further details outdoors|
• The property is approached via its own gated courtyard with herb garden ( guests are welcome to pick herbs). This area at the front of house has a wooden park bench and enjoys evening sun. To the rear of the apartment is a decked garden with white-painted wrought iron french-style exterior dining furniture which enjoys sun from morning til mid afternoon. The rear deck leads on to the recreation area where guests have the use of a ping-pong table.
Although there is a swimming pool at the main property this is heated only occasionally and is not available to guests except by invitation from the owners. There is no access to the pool for visitors which is beyond a locked gate so there is no safety hazard to children staying in the apartment.
The property is situated in a leafy residential area. It is double-glazed throughout so offers a quiet restful stay. Bedroom windows are equipped with black-out curtains or blinds and the main bedroom has its own air-conditioning.
The South East England region
Surrey in the South East of England is a largely affluent well-sought after area by visitors and UK residents alike because of its proximity to London and communication links from Heathrow and Gatwick airports. It has many historic and cultural attractions. Apart from those in London, there are theatres in Guildford and Woking, many good restaurants and places of interest such as historic palaces, wonderful gardens, traditional pubs, race-courses and children's theme parks. The world's first motor racing circuit was built within a mile of Evancourt at Brooklands. Part of the old track is preserved and there is an excellent motor and aviation museum on the site. Also at Brooklands, and of interest for self-caterers, are large Tesco and M&S foodstores.
Evancourt backs on to the Basingstoke Canal which was built in 1794 to connect Basingstoke in Hampshire with the River Thames at Weybridge via the Wey Navigation. Its eastern end is at Byfleet, where it connects to the Wey Navigation leading to the River Thames. It offers a pleasant and diverting walk with narrow boats passing by and plenty of wildlife. There are also rowing boats and canoes for hire.
West Byfleet is a thriving village with many restaurants offering cuisines from several different countries as well as a first class British fish and chip establishment. It also has a very good Waitrose supermarket. The village has several hairdressers, two dry-cleaners, a pharmacy, jewellers, stationers, butcher, Japanese sushi deli, and other shops including a Chocalatier and a quirky fashion shop. A recent popular development has been the arrival of an upmarket Costa coffee lounge where people enjoy meeting and sitting in comfortable chairs, inside or out, whilst taking coffee and pastries. This is West Byfleet's answer to 'The Central Perc' in the Friends TV series.
The area has many nearby golf courses and is close to excellent shopping opportunities in nearby Weybridge, Woking and Guildford.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
24 May 2014
"Great position, comfortable place to stay."
Very good position for exploring Surrey; very comfortable beds, and a super shower.
We had a very enjoyable stay.
Walked along the canal to the Anchor at Wisley, excellent lunch, its worth booking a table as it seems quite busy.
We visited a load of National Trust houses all in easy reach.
RHS Wisley gardens are a must.
12 Dec 2013
"This was the best self-catering stay that my wife and I have experienced in the UK"
The apartment is ideally located, very well-equipped and very well-maintained. It has quite good parking. We enjoyed our stay very much.
10 Oct 2013
"An excellent apartment - space, comfort, privacy, location - just what we needed."
The Evancourt apartment is well located both for car travel around the area and close to good train services into London if needed. It is impeccably furnished and comes ready to use with a complete su… More
28 Sep 2013
"Exactly as described"
Met on arrival by Ian - who ran through a comprehensive list about the prpoerty.
The self catering unit is attached to the main house where Olwen & Ian live - it has separate entry & absolutely everything that you could need including the library - all very homely.
Stairs to 2 bedrooms & bathroom a little steep but manageable with handrail either side.
14 Aug 2013
"Great Location for London and South"
We very much enjoyed Evancourt in West Byfleet. It is a very well set up apartment in a beautiful leafy street and a great location. We enjoyed being able to walk to the shops and the train station, which we did to catch the train to London for a day. We also enjoyed a walk along the canal towpath also very handy.
It is also handy to both Heathrow and Gatwick airports which makes in convenient for international travellers.
31 Jul 2013
"All the comforts of home"
Very comfortable and convenient; Evancourt provides a great apartment, good parking, pleasant area and a location that gives many options for the traveller and sightseer. We had a number of day trips in the Surrey area by car but also used the train to go into London (25 minutes if you pick your train) and to travel a little farther afield on occasion. The apartment is well set up, well furnished, clean, tidy and the owners are attentive if you have needs but let you get on with it if all is well. We had three staying and had plenty of room. Our stay was for 9 days at the end of a long European holiday and Evancourt was a great home away from home to just relax, visit friends or do tourist things. Would do it again! Thanks Olwen & Ian!!
30 Jul 2013
"More than we expected & just what we needed"
The accomodation is an an excellent location with good walks and easy access to Byfleet and West Byfleet.
The house was immaculate, vey tastefully decorated, with everything needed to self cater. Access to a private patio was a lovely bonus as the weather was warm and sunny.
Our hosts were friendly and helpful, the grounds of their property are beautifully cared for.
We would hope to be able to return.
2 Apr 2013
"A perfect choice for comfort & convenience ..."
My daughter and I spent two very pleasant weeks at Evancourt and were delighted with the accommodation. Despite record-breaking cold weather and difficult driving conditions we were always able to en… More
11 Jan 2013
"Evancourt made working away from home a joy!"
A fabulous compact apartment which served as a working base away from home during a week of appointments in the area.
Owners incredibly helpful, with clear explanations on arrival. Facilities and furnishings all of a very high quality. Slept soundly all week. No noise - yippee! Loved the open plan downstairs which permitted the setting up of an office area. Warm and cosy. Wifi access worked perfectly throughout stay, ensuring ongoing email contact with clients, and a strong mobile signal too! Powerful shower, and flexible central heating arrangements for this January trip. Walking along the nearby local towpath during occasional breaks was an added bonus! A library of fiction and non fiction to die for - like a mini Bodleian!! Everything you could possibly need - and more! Thank you so much.
15 Oct 2012
"It is a marvelous place to stay"
In this house you have everything you need. It is also next to a lot of places you can visit like Londen, Guildford.Wisley etc.
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Central London/Zone 1
- 2211 properties
- Central London/Zone 2
- 1119 properties
- South West London
- 174 properties
- East London, England
- 153 properties
- West London
- 110 properties
- North West London
- 104 properties
- South East London
- 99 properties
- North London
- 77 properties
- 50 properties
- 20 properties
- 17 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- East Grinstead
- 9 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties