Cottage | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 16
Fabulous cottage for a cosy, family Christmas or New Year.
An exceptional location at the top of historic Burrington Combe in the heart of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the most stunning views across the Severn Estuary to Wales. Set in delightful gardens overlooking open meadows and woodland, in a tranquil & peaceful hamlet just outside the delightful village of Blagdon with it's world famous trout fishing lake, numerous walks and friendly country pubs. Blagdon is also home to organic dairy producers Yeo Valley, and the owner's stunning Holt Farm Organic Gardens & tea shop, open to the public. We also have the most fabulous vintage shop with cafe, super village post office stores, beauty salon and traditional family butcher.
Blagdon is close to the heritage cities of Wells with the beautiful Cathedral & Bishop's Palace, Cheddar Caves, Brean beach, Clevedon, and Bath with the world famous Roman Baths. The attractions of Glastonbury Tor and the Wye Valley & Tintern Abbey in South Wales are just a little further, and many of the delights of Devon are also an easy day trip from here. An ideal location to explore the West Country, if you can drag yourself away from the fabulous views, evening sunsets from the patio, with a glass of wine and BBQ....
Family, Birthday, and Hen weekends are perfect in this pretty cottage. We have a local minibus service to Bath, and also run outdoor activities such as archery, mountain biking, etc, nearby.
The property has a luxury urban cedar hot tub (may be closed during winter, please enquire)
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Weston Super Mare 19 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol International Airport 10 km, Nearest railway: Bristol Temple Meads 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (10), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 14, Lounge seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Well-equipped and furnished to high standard
Quality, comfortable beds & lounge furniture
Fresh, pretty linens and towels
Fitted kitchen with solid oak worktops
Double glazing & central heating throughout
Lovely sunny rooms
Beautiful old character cottage fully renovated and extended with all modern conveniences
Lots of activities available on site and nearby from wild food forays to bushcraft activities!
|Further details outdoors|
Large patio with BBQ
Fabulous uninterrupted views from pretty gardens, overlooking meadows, woodland and views across the Severn Estuary to Wales
Hot tub in enclosed area
New - ground floor bedroom with en-suite shower room
Wild food walks, courses & activities
Advice can be provided on holiday itineraries
Also available for long weekends
We specialise in luxury family, birthday and hen weekends
On-site beauty treatments, catering, etc, if required
The West Country region
The cottage is within easy reach of some of the West Country's best attractions:
- We are situated in the very heart of the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with the most wonderful walking and historical sites right on the doorstep including the site where the hymn 'Rock of Ages' was written; signs of the earliest human habitation in the country including Neolithic Henge Monuments, Bronze Age Round Barrows and a massive Iron Age Hill Fort
- Wells is England's smallest City and a great place to visit - the Cathedral is justifiably renowned for the most wonderful medieval statuary, and the Bishop's Palace is well worth a visit. Wells has a lovely cobbled centre with a market held on most Saturday and Weds mornings, and we would also recommend visiting the Milton Lodge Gardens just outside Wells which are quintessentially English and very pretty, owned by a quirky old English family
- Bath - the heritage city of Bath is a must-see if you visit the West country. Less than half an hour's drive from the cottage, it is home to some of the most lovely Georgian architecture, the Roman Baths and much more.
- Cheddar - both Cheddar and Wookey caves are a stone's throw from Ashcroft and are an exciting and intriguing attraction for both adults and children
- Glastonbury - the amazing Glastonbury Tor & Abbey are not to be missed, and the Chalice Well Gardens are a haven of tranquility where you can drink from the Holy Well itself!
- Street offers Clark's Village which is a mecca for shopaholics and bargain hunters. Not to be missed!
- We highly recommend a short trip over the bridge to Wales to visit the stunning Wye Valley, and an essential tour around the ruined and beautiful Tintern Abbey
- There are numerous garden centres including Cadbury Garden Centre, Blagdon Water Gardens, and the Garden Superstore at Brean.
- Beaches and seaside attractions are available at both Weston Super Mare and Brean, not far away!
- The Somerset Levels and Moors, together with Chew Valley Lake offer outstanding bird-watching opportunities as well as just lovely walks and countryside
- On the doorstep are lots of sporting activities such as golf, mountain biking, horse riding, etc, we are very happy to advise you on these areas or book activities for you
This particular part of the West Country has outstanding variety in what is available. Families with children have plenty to see and do, with seaside venues and visitor attractions. Equally, couples can enjoy sophisticated nightlife and acclaimed dining very close by along with lovely walks and outdoor activities.
There is a fantastic ski slope nearby, horse-riding, golf & fishing within short drive.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
10 Mar 2013
"Brill, cozy, enjoyable"
Owner could not have been more helpful. Cottage direction were brill and they even got on the phone and helped get one of our relatives safely to the cottage. Great size lounge, fab to have a table that we could all sit round and eat at for breakfast and evening meal
Bedrooms were a good size and there were enough bathrooms so there was no waiting.
The downstairs bedroom was ideal for my mother as she has walking problems ans ease of access for her to the lounge and dining area was great.
We all had a great time and would love to go when we could use the outdoor area, although the hottub was a nice way to end a day of shopping for some,
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
50% Response rate
Calendar last updated:05 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 480 properties
- 122 properties
- 106 properties
- 100 properties
- 90 properties
- 82 properties
- 72 properties
- 69 properties
- 56 properties
- Shepton Mallet
- 54 properties
- 47 properties
- Newport City
- 35 properties
- 20 properties
- 20 properties
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties