About the home
Watamu- two kilometres from Watamu centre, 20 kilometres from Malindi- for rent a wonderful Villa, 380 sqm living area, for maximum 8 persons. The beach, Ocean Breeze, is 400 metres far and can be reached trough a pretty path lined with wonderful and coloured bougainvilleas . The House, in makuti style, is designed to provide maximum privacy to each single house. The Villa has a completely fenced garden, 2.000 sqm large, full of bougainvilleas, hibiscus, papayas, palms and other tropical flowers and trees, and a large hydromassage basin, jacuzzi, for 4/5 persons.
Structure of the Villa:
* Downstairs: covered veranda with sofas and table, large round entrance, bright living room (turn into additional room, complete with double bed, wardrobe, and private bathroom), kitchen, guest bathroom and 3 beautiful double rooms, each with mosquito net bed and Italian stile private bathroom. All windows have mosquito net and iron gate. Ceiling fans in every room.
* Upstairs: huge terrace (with sofas and table) with a wonderful view of the garden, bush and the sea.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Ocean Breeze, 400m|
|Will consider:||House swaps|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Internet access, Sea view|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 shower rooms|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Lounge seating for 2|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Private garden|
Further details indoors:
The living room of the house, if necessary, may turn into additional room, complete with double bed, wardrobe, and private bathroom.
SECURITY: the Villa has a garden completely fenced and iron gate at the windows. Besides, the house has an alarm system connected to G4S Security Services Kenya Ltd and a Masai like a gardian for the night
Further details outdoors:
The use of the basin hydromassage Jacuzzi for 4/5 persons in the private garden of the Villa
* On request, I can organize the transfer from Mombasa / Malindi to Watamu.
* Change as less money as possible at the aeroport.
* To save money I suggest buying a Kenyan phone card. It can be bought at the Mombasa aeroport.
* To move in Watamu area you can use Tuc Tuc (max 4/5 persons) for 100 Ksh (less then 1 euro) one way.
* In Watamu there are two supermarkets: “Mamma Lucy” and “Simon”. Very near to my house there is a pretty Maasai shop managed by an Italian girl. There you can find water, cigarettes, soaps etc.
* There is a Bar Restaurant at 50 meters from my house
* You can buy food by yourself or ask to the chef to do it for you. You can also ask to the chef if you want to see and choose the fresh fish of the day directly at home.
* On request, I can provide information on safari.
* In Watamu there are two cash machines
* The beach boys will suggest you a few excursions. Negotiate the price.
* Lonely Planet is a good Kenyan guide book .
Strictly no smoking in the rooms
25% of rental fee due to secure booking, and the rest of the paymente 20 days before your stay
The Kenyan Coast region
The Watamu area is part of a United Nations Biosphere Reserve, and so is an area of great natural beauty. There are miles of beautiful, mostly quiet, beaches with safe swimming. In Watamu there is a Marine Park: the coral reef is rich in marine fauna and flora, and offers excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities. There is also a whole array of watersports available in the area, as well as glass-bottom boat trips and deep-sea sport fishing. Mida Creek a lovely area for interesting walks amongst the mangroves, boat trips and birding.
The Gede ruins are some of the oldest in the country and are beautifully set in dense forest. The Kipepeo Butterfly Farm next to the Gede Museum is a very interesting project aimed at encouraging sustainable use of forest resources. Arabuko Sokoke Forest is the largest remaining tract of indigenous coastal forest in E Africa. It is also the second most important forest in terms of biodiversity and endemic species in the whole of Africa! There are lots of nature trails here and also a tree house.
The Watamu area
Watamu is a small village functioning primarily as a fish landing site and tourist area. The local people of the area are mostly of the Christian Giriama or Muslim Bajuni tribes. There is a good array of shops in the area to cater for food shopping and medical needs. There are also internet facilities, local style eateries, tourist restaurants, some African bars/discos. Anything you can't find in Watamu you will be able to find in the much larger town of Malindi (20kms to the north). Malindi is also the hub for tourism and transportation in the area, and has a regional airport. The city of Mombasa is approx. 2hrs to the south by bus.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Generally it is better to arrive to Mombasa aeroport. However, from Nairobi there are several companies that fly to Malindi
Flights available through
Activities near Watamu
Beach or lakeside relaxation
19 Sep 2012
Great villa, great cook and housekeeper too.
It was a paradise.
The villa is also near the centre of Watamu; very comfortable.
20 Aug 2012
Very nice place:
3 weeks without any problem:
- nice and clean house
- good hospitality
- very professionist cooker
- last but not least, very good place and weather too.
11 May 2012
Let me start with the pros. The staff were great. They were all young. They all had great attitudes and were very helpful. The cook always made good food, with the limited amount of fish that was... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|23 Feb 13||7 Apr 13||€ 800||€ 130||€ 130||1 Night|
|7 Apr 13||15 Jul 13||€ 500||€ 90||€ 90||1 Night|
|15 Jul 13||28 Jul 13||€ 800||€ 130||€ 130||1 Night|
|28 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 1000||€ 120||€ 120||1 Night|
|1 Sep 13||1 Dec 13||€ 600||€ 90||€ 90||1 Night|
|1 Dec 13||15 Dec 13||€ 1000||€ 130||€ 130||1 Night|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|7 Apr 13||14 Jul 13||€ 900||€ 130||€ 130||1 Night|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
PLEASE NOTE: the price can change because of the length of stay in the house and the number of people
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
the guardian in the night (a Maasai);
the Chef (not the food) traditional and italian cuisine
the daily cleaning of the rooms and the change of sheets and towels
the use of the basin hydromassage Jacuzzi in the private garden of the Villa for 4/5persons
the Internet Key (charging to the customer)Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Italy and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2006. This villa has received 9 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.