from £97 /night help
Cave house | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
This charming cottage is located in the French Touraine region surrounded by historic Middle-Age and Renaissance castles and world-renowned wineries. The house has 3 double rooms and can be rented throughout the year for 2, 4 or 6 people. A minimum of 2 nights is required.
This trip will allow you to discover our region, World Heritage Site by Unesco, with its castles, abbeys, its river and its wines.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Tours International Airport 10 km, Nearest railway: Saint Pierre des Corps TGV 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access|
|General||Central heating, TV, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
Covering an area of 120 m² with outbuildings and garden, the house has 6 rooms and can accommodate 6 persons:
* A large room with kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is fully equipped with oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker. A big table for 8 people and a fireplace.
* This large room overlooks the veranda equipped with a small table and chairs.
* A cozy lounge with fireplace, equipped with a sofa, two armchairs and television.
* A double bedroom on the ground floor with 1 bed of 180cm (or 2 beds of 90cm)
* A bathroom with tub.
* On the 1st floor, a large master bedroom with a bed of 140cm and its en-suite bathroom juste above with bath and shower
* Also on the 1st floor, but in another wing of the house there is a third bedroom with 2 beds of 80cm, which can be used by 2 adults or 2 children.
The house was completely renovated and all facilities are new.
|Further details outdoors|
A beautiful terrace with a table, 6 garden chairs and a barbecue which allow you to dine outside admiring the view over the valley.
A flower garden with sun loungers.
Parking for 2 cars.
A laundry room is also at your disposal with a washing machine and a clothes dryer.
The house is available all year round.
Our services include:
* Linen: sheets, towels, tea towels, tablecloths, napkins. Bed linen is changed weekly for any stay longer than a week.
* Housekeeping: Included in the rates and will also be provided weekly for any stay longer than a week.
* Cleaning kit (dishwasher tablets and other detergents), Convenience pack (salt, pepper, vinegar, oil) and Breakfast kit (coffee, tea)
We can provide a cot on request (when booking)
We provide you with a comprehensive documentation on the region and surrounding vineyards.
The Loire Valley region
Tourism in Touraine's course:
* The Castles of the Loire
The Land of Vouvray, in the heart of the Loire Valley, is pleased to welcome you on a journey of flavors and sensations.
Combed than 2300 hectares of vines carrying the Vouvray appellation of origin, this territory is part of the Community of Communes Vouvrillon.
Discover the different shades of this country with its caves carved into the limestone, the diversity of landscapes, fine bubbles or the tranquillity of Vouvray wine, savoury rillettes, pork cracklings and other delicious dishes typical gourmet.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 May 2014
"Lovely home in a gorgeous setting"
I stayed at Maison Melrose in late April with my wife and two teen daughters. We all loved it. The house is literally part of the hillside above the Loire Valley, and includes it a cave well-stocked… More
22 Oct 2011
"A very good deal"
We spent 3 nights at the Maison Melrose and were very satisfied. The house is very big, can easily feet 6 people (though we were only 4) and it is also very well equipped. The area is beautifull and s… More
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:31 Jan 2015
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- Loire Valley
- 369 properties
- 120 properties
- 92 properties
- 56 properties