Modern 1BR Old Town Apartment
from £32 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £32 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Hi there, traveller,
If you are like myself, you like travelling with perks, but without breaking the bank! This is what this apartment is all about! In fact, it is nearly twice cheaper than others in the building! So read on...
Chances are, at the top of your to-see list for Vilnius, Lithuania is its Old Town. So why not stay there, too? Unbeatable for charm, friendly and steeped with history, the Old Town has all the traveller could need - the sights, the dining, the shopping, the souvenir vendors, the pubs'n'clubs, you name it! And take a memory card or two for your photos! The remaining attractions in Vilnius are mostly in natural settings and rather far from the centre; if you base yourself in the Old Town, it will be the easiest to figure out transport to wherever you wish to go. Almost all major Vilnius transport lines converge at the centre.
SETTING WITHIN THE OLD TOWN
- "Location, location, location" may be a cliché, but you really cannot beat this apartment for its position within the Old Town - at the top of Didžioji gatve (Main Street). Together with Pilies (Castle) and Aušros Vartu (Gate of Dawn/Ostrobrama) streets, it forms the heart and core of the Old Town. Our building is right behind Rotušes aikšte (Town Hall Square), two doors down form the 5* Radisson Blu and adjacent to the Turkish Embassy. In the winter, Town Hall Square has the city's Christmas tree, and in the summer there's usually a Dinner in the Sky restaurant on a crane!
- The entire building has been purpose-converted to serve as executive short- and medium-term apartments, but some owners live here themselves, so it's a mix. The grand staircase is clean and newly redone (in keeping to the historical design) - clean and nice staircases are quite hard to come by in Vilnius Old Town.
- This apartment has a very snug and comfy aura to it. The bedroom and the bathroom are accessed from the living room, which is joined with the kitchen area. It's truly a perfect layout for the traveller - convenient yet amply intimate. The apartment is on the top floor, so we do only have skylights. But if you can cope with that, you will be rewarded with plenty of natural light, which is actually quite a scarce commodity in the densely built up Old Town area! The crowned tower of St Casimir's Church (just across the street) can be seen from the living room.
- There is a double bed in the bedroom, which can easily sleep two. If you would like to fit more people, two airbeds can be arranged for.
- The apartment is equipped with a washer/dryer machine, fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, coffee maker, electric hobs for cooking, a TV with digital cable, a DVD player and a stereo. We have extremely good heating – do feel free to adjust the temperature as you need.
- Our internet connection is fibre-optic (all the way to the router). You can connect either through Wi-Fi or using an ethernet cable. Our internet provider's password for its public Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide is available at no extra charge to you - please simply ask me for it.
- The bathroom has the following arrangement: there is a sink behind the first door; and behind the second door (for additional privacy in case of several guests), a bidet, a toilet and a bathtub with a shower over it.
- Things like bedlinen, towels, pots & pans and dishes are provided. Do bring your own toiletries.
A SECURITY DEPOSIT of € 100 is payable in cash on arrival (can be in other currencies).
CHECK-IN TIME IS FLEXIBLE - If the apartment does not have another booking on the same day, I am fully willing to accommodate any early check-in and late check-out requirements you may have. I am a traveller myself, and I know there is nothing worse than having nowhere to go for 5 hours when you've come in on an early flight after barely sleeping!
If there is anything I can arrange for you, let me know! With things like Wikitravel and Google Maps, international travellers have become very independent these days, but if you need anything for making your stay easier or more pleasant, I will be happy to recommend/arrange things for you!
- Help with getting an e-ticket for the public transport system (after all, which of us has never been confused by the transport ticket system in a foreign city!)
- Advice on getting to the apartment and travelling around, on which taxis to take and which to avoid, and on other transport-related questions
- Sightseeing and activities advice. Fancy a spa treatment, need flowers, or wouldn't mind a drink at a top-floor bar in a high-rise? Feel free to ask for tips!
- I can put you in touch with a licensed local guide, who could also meet & greet you at the airport/station for your transfer to the apartment if required (guide's fees apply)
- Our housekeeper is happy to provide extra cleaning and laundry/ironing services during your stay (housekeeper's fees apply)
PARKING is available in the courtyard free of charge on a first-come-first-serve basis (about 4-5 cars can fit, and usually there is a free space). Otherwise, something could be arranged nearby. Drop me a line to discuss your parking needs.
As you probably have gathered, I am willing to consider any requests that would make your stay better. So, if you have any needs that don't fit the usual pattern, do drop me a note and we will see what I can do for you! I am a fellow traveller, and I know what things matter the most to us!
The apartment offers a very, very sensible price-to-quality ratio and the location is nothing but perfect. So don't delay your booking, as I do get inquiries often!
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Vilnius County region
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
29 Jun 2014
"Old town location second to none"
If you want an affordable apartment in Vilnius old town then you really need look no further than this. The location is amazingly central with all the sights (and an excellent supermarket) just minutes away on foot - and a bus stop around the corner too. We had 4 nights at this apartment with 3 of us sharing - this meant a blow-up mattress for the 3rd guest, but there was ample space for this at the end of the lounge. Karolis is very comprehensive with his directions, information and attention to detail and we will definitely check availability of this flat first next time we visit Vilnius. One tip - if staying in summer, the nights are light and the velux blinds don't keep out much light, so take an eyeshade - oh and you have to not mind stairs (74 in fact) as the apartment is right at the top of the building. The wi-fi is blisteringly fast which is great for checking the museum times etc and a definite plus point. Thank you Karolis!
29 Apr 2014
"Bonitas vacaciones in Vilnius"
si nos lo hemos pasado en grande en Vilnius mucho merito lo tiene la localizacion del apartamento.En plena Old Town , a lado de los mejores locales y con un monton de restaurantes cerca ademas de supermercados y mas en general de todos los servicios para que nuestra estancia fuese lo mas comoda posible . El casero (Karolis) se porto genial , preocupandose en todo momento de darnos las informaciones que hicieran falta asi que os recomiendo su apartamento y nosotros tambien acudiremos a el el dia que volvamos .