House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Little Melville is a self-contained annex of a Grand Victorian Villa set in attractive gardens. Melville Lodge, built in 1876 of Island stone, is situated within Victorian Ventnor's area of outstanding beauty & coastal conservation area. The property is a few minutes walk to Ventnor centre, esplanade, beaches, shops, and restaurants.
Opposite is Ventnor's award winning park with putting green, stream and bandstand. From April through the summer months live jazz is played at the bandstand each Sunday. A gentle walk through the park leads to the cliffs, with panoramic walks - left to Ventnor beach and onto Bonchurch, or right to quaint Steephill Cove with it's lovely beach and cafés. A small walk will take you to the Botanical Gardens, which due to Ventnor's warm and sunny micro-climate, is famous for it's exotic plants and is well worth a visit.
For walkers there are picturesque cliff top walks to Niton, St. Catherine's point and beyond. Also, Ventnor Downs is at the top of the town connecting to St. Boniface Downs with magnificent views.
Ideal location for walkers, cyclists or family beach holidays
Little Melville has been recently refurbished and sleeps 4. The bedrooms overlook the beautiful garden with its many subtropical plants.
- Living room with two settees, dining table and chairs, widescreen LCD TV with DVD player, Hi-fi with iPOD dock and CD player
- Kitchen, modern units, electric cooker, fridge with ice box, microwave oven, toaster and electric kettle.
- Downstairs toilet.
-Twin and double bedrooms with wash basins.
- Walk in shower room.
- VisitEngland Quality in Tourism board 4 star award grading
- WiFi included.
- Central heating
- Newly decorated with strip vintage pine floors throughout (sorry no stilettos please).
- All bedding, towels and tea towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- A high-chair, travel cot and child's bath tub (0 – 3) are available upon request.
- Guests are welcome to use the back garden at their own risk, children must be supervised.
- Safe storage for walking gear and bicycles within lock up garage.
- Off road parking.
- A non-smoking property through out.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Ventnor Beach 700 m|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||800 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden|