Cortijo El Pilar Luxury Villa
Villa | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 14
El Pilar is a stunning traditional style Spanish villa has been refurbished to an extremely high standard. It has stunning sea coastal views and views of the olive and mango groves strewn across the valley below. Set in a superb location this beautiful villa not only offers you privacy, but also has everything you need for a relaxing holiday in the sun. Enjoy the complimentary welcome pack and bask in the Spanish sun all day whilst the kids splash about in the pool. Come evening, fire up the barbie to a few glasses of sangria. Once dinner is taken care of why not relax in the hot tub and watch the sun set over the sea.
The nightlife of Velez Malaga and Torre Del Mar is only 10 - 15 minutes away giving you the best of both worlds. There are also many and varied activities and sights to explore in the region beginning with the beaches and flurry of the resort town of Torre Del Mar. At El Pilar you can have the best of both worlds with the stunning views and remoteness of a mountain villa, and a short drive to bustling beaches and shopping centres. El Pilar is ideal for those planning a holiday with friends or extended family.
So why not get the whole gang together on one big holiday where everyone can enjoy a relaxing sun filled holiday and warm summer nights around the BBQ.... make it a home away from home ....... Set in the mountains above Velez Malaga and Torre Del Mar is ideal for those who enjoy walking and hiking whereas golfers can enjoy a round at Bavaria Golf course, a short drive away.
The villa itself boasts not only your own private pacific blue swimming pool with shallow paddling end, ideal for young children, but also a large heated 5 person outdoor hot tub, outdoor shower, a fire pit seating area, large veranda and patio dining areas, a huge upstairs balcony and a stunning granite BBQ accompanied by a self contained BBQ house which has a large fitted kitchen, dishwasher, sink, hob and 2 fridges: all surrounded by tropical palms fruit trees and plants and stunning views. Inside it has 5 beautifully designed bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a stunning fully fitted kitchen, granite dining table, 3 TV's, 3 DVD players, WIFI Internet access, Stereo boom box with iPod docking station, DVD and book collection, laundry room and a wood burning fire.
The villa can sleep 12 people on normal beds (with 2 twin and 3 king size rooms - one room also has 2 pull out single beds). An additional 2 persons and 2 babies can be accommodated via campbeds and nursery packs available. One nursery pack includes travel cot, cot bedding and highchair (fee applies per pack). On site beauty therapy, massage and pedicures are also now available at the villa through Cloud 9, so you can pamper yourself in the comforts of the villa itself at very reasonable prices. We have added touches of luxuries where we can with flowing silk drapes, solid granite, luxurious silk filled duvets are on all of our beds and Egyptian cotton towels and Gilchrist & Soames Aromatherapy toiletries are supplied in each bathroom.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Torre Del Mar 9 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malaga 40 km, Nearest railway: Velez Malaga 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (6), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- Your complimentary welcome pack has food and drink essentials, as well as plenty of information.
- All bathrooms have luxury Gilchrist & Soames Aromathrapy complimentary toiletries for our guests use.
- All bedrooms have individually controlled air conditioning/ heating and silk filled duvets at no extra charge.
- All 3 king size bedrooms have double doors opening on to balcony or veranda areas.
- All en suites have shower wet room, toilet and sink.
- The master bathroom has a shower, large corner bath, toilet and double sinks.
- All bathrooms have Egyptian cotton towels provided.
- All beds have luxury silk filled duvets with standard duvets also available for use.
- Interior solid granite dining table with leather chairs for 6.
- The lounge has leather sofas, wicker lounging chairs and floor cushions.
- The flat screen TV in the lounge also has DVD player and Freesat with many English speaking channels and local Spanish channels.
- There are 2 other small TV's and 2 DVD players available in the Turquoise and Terrace rooms.
- We can also offer a boom box stereo with CD player, Radio, iPod docking station and AUX output for other MP3 players.
- WIFI Internet connection.
- There is also a wide selection of DVDs and books to enjoy.
- The laundry room has an extra fridge freezer, a washing machine, 2 hairdryers, extra heaters, inflatables pump and cleaning equipment.
- Antique Spanish flooring throughout.
- A Maid service will be done prior to your stay ensuring a spotlessly clean villa and clean, pressed bed linen and towels.
- 2 Children's nursery packs, 2 extra pull out single beds and 2 campbeds are available.
- Extra maid services are available (fee applies to each extra service).
- Cloud 9 and Total Footcare will also provide beauty therapy and massage treatments at the villa, please see our website for their contact details, treatments and price list.
|Further details outdoors|
- The exterior has almost panoramic views covering the sea coastline, the valley below and the mountains.
- 2 of the rooms have access to a huge balcony which has plenty of room to sunbathe and let the kids loose on!
- The private swimming pool has a paddling section suitable for small children and is lit for nighttime swims.
- The vast veranda, terrace and patio areas have many seating areas and tropical plants dotted around.
- The fire pit seating area seats 4.
- The heated Jacuzzi/ hot tub sits at the edge of the terrace with spectacular views and has 2 lying positions and 3 seated positions. Lie back with a glass of champagne in hand and relax as you enjoy the massaging bubbles and the exotic views towards the African coast.
- The stunning granite BBQ has a large cooking area and warming shelf.
- The BBQ house comes with fitted kitchen, 2 fridges, dishwasher, hob, sink, plenty of storage and retractable rolling door.
- The large car park can accommodate approx. 6 cars.
- Cascading stairwell from the car park to the front or the property.
- Plenty of exterior lighting.
- For each full week you have booked at the villa you will receive a weekly maid cleaning service and linen service. This will already have been done prior to your initial arrival. Complimentary Maid service is restricted to once per full week booked.
- Extra maid services can however be ordered at any extra cost
- Please make sure you have travel insurance, we will not be liable for inadequate insurance coverage, flight delays or flight cancellations.
- Nursery packs are available on request for a supplementary fee of £35 per week per pack. One nursery pack includes travel cot, cot bedding and highchair. Children's' plastic plates, bowls, cups, knives, forks and spoons are also provided complimentary at the villa.
- The villa can cater for 12 people on beds but as the 2 extra beds and the campbeds are extra beds which need to be set up, there is a linen and set up charge for the extra beds
The Costa del Sol region
This region enjoys around 330 days of sunshine a year with an average temperature of 22 degrees perfect for that summer holiday. The region has plenty to see and do with golfing, horse riding, shopping and water sports readily available. The spectacular Spanish countryside is well worth driving around for its vast olive groves, mango laden plantations and traditional white villages. With the city of Malaga and the many coastal resorts like Nerja and Torre Del Mar, you will find plenty to do from sunbathing on the beach, to shopping, restaurants and lively nightlife.
The beach town of Torre Del Mar is about 10-15 minutes drive away and has sandy beaches, a waterpark, plenty of shops, restaurants, tapas bars and clubs to keep you occupied. You can also hire cars, mopeds and bicycles and book tours around the area and to Seville, Cordoba, Granada etc. It has many beachside restaurants which serve fantastically fresh seafood. During the summer you will find Torre offers a busy nightlife with a night market and artisans and musicians lining the beachfront, along with summer beach bars and parties.
Torre del Mar has a lot of atmosphere and local flavour with numerous shops, restaurants and bars. A 500 metre seafront stretch, called El Copo, is a continual line of bars and discotheques which are open until 6.00h every morning in the summer and at weekends during the winter. Along an adjoining stretch of the seafront there is a summer night market open until 3.00h every morning. There are wide sandy beaches flanked by a long beachfront promenade with pretty views along the coast and of the hills and mountains behind dotted with white houses and villages. Two kilometres to the east there is a fishing port and beautiful marina at La Caleta de Velez.
Velez Malaga is about 8 minutes drive away and also has an array of shops, restaurants and tapas bars along with local street market stalls. Golfing is readily available. The town lies in the wide valley of the River Vélez from where its main resources are found. Fortaleza - built in the 13th century, the castle stands on top of a hill in the centre of Arrabal de San Sebastián, the oldest district of the town. The 16 metre high tower, built to guard the town, still stands in good repair as a symbol of the Moorish civilisation of Velez-Malaga.
Whatever your interest I'm sure you will find something for everyone in the area.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
17 Oct 2011
"Cortijo El Pilar had it all"
Cortijo El Pilar had it all. Fantastic pool and spa, magnificent views and many cosy places for relaxing, dining or enjoying a drink with stunning views. We could overlook the pool from most places, which were important to us, due to small children
we are so glad that our guests enjoyed the place as much as they did, they were impeccable guests and we pride ourselves on trying as hard as we can to make your holiday as relaxing as possible and we always appreciate their feedback, we have many return guests and they are all more than welcome back anytime! A great guest party is worth its weight in gold and we always try to reward those who return to us. Thank you for your review it means a lot. Regards from El Pilar.
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card for your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 508 properties
- Torre del Mar
- 468 properties
- 238 properties
- Rincon de la Victoria
- 210 properties
- 171 properties
- Velez Malaga
- 144 properties
- Lake Vinuela
- 103 properties
- 78 properties
- El Morche
- 73 properties
- 64 properties
- Caleta de Velez
- 60 properties
- 30 properties
- Canillas de Aceituno
- 29 properties
- Torre De Benagalbon
- 29 properties
- Almayate Bajo
- 17 properties
- 17 properties
- 12 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties