Valletta Old Mint Penthouse
from £80 /night help
Penthouse | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The Old Mint Penthouse offers comfort and relaxation within a spacious, modern and airy accommodation that sets a standard of holiday letting accommodation, which sets itself apart. Upon entrance to this enchanting building, you will recognize a wonderful blend of antiquity with a modern twist, where design against concept has been achieved within a totally refurbished building of heritage. Needless to say, the WOW factor is certainly on the menu here!
Upon entrance to The Old Mint you will find a large entrance hall, which opens out into an internal glass covered court yard with a part glass lift, which will elevate you to the entrance door of your accommodation. Upon entry you will be greeted by a very modern contemporary holiday let accommodation with a typical open plan Mediterranean kitchen/living/dining area (Air Conditioned) with lovely views over to Sliema across Marsamxett harbour, a shower room with WC and a double (Air Conditioned) bedroom with a double bed. The second bedroom is accessed via traditional stone spiral steps having a double bed (Air Conditioned). Further to the accommodation there is large Patio Doors from the kitchen/living/dining area to a Terrace with wood table and chairs offering alfresco dining, from the terrace you will find spiral steps to the Private roof top terrace where you can lounge in the sun with panoramic views hard to come by in Valletta.
• Sleeps Max 4 persons in two Double Beds
• Expensive Fully Equipped Kitchen
• Flat Screen TV with English/Italian/Maltese Channels
• Internet WiFi (charge applies)
• Smoking Strictly Outside
• Modern Fixture & Fittings
Property will be cleaned and prepared prior to your arrival, fresh bed linen and towels are provided per 7 night stay. A fresh set of bed linen and towels will be left for stays over 10 nights or subsequent 7 night stays. It is expected that you leave the property in a clean and tidy order.
• 1 Beach Towel 1 Bath Towel & 1 Hand Towel provided per 7 day stay, per guest.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Bathing next to Valletta Water Polo Club 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||10 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malta International Airport 7 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
The Island of Malta region
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Jan 2015
"Valletta, Old Mint 2"
Sehr schönes Penthouse mitten in der Altstadt. Wohnung modern eingerichtet mit allem, was man sich wünschen kann. Große Ledercouch, Flachbildfernseher, moderne und gut eingerichtete Küche, 2 Badez… More
19 Nov 2014
We had a wonderful 2 week stay at the Old Mint Penthouse. The location is excellent. Close to restaurants, shopping and the bus station for day trips. Well equipped with kitchen utensils. The st… More
17 Nov 2014
Just returned from a 2 week vacation in Valletta. The apartment was perfect location. Everything within walking distance, excellent bakery downstairs and great views. The apartment was well supplied; … More
10 Aug 2014
"Amazing - I would definitely stay here again!"
We stayed in the penthouse apartment for a long weekend and all I can say is that it wasn't long enough! The apartment itself is very impressive, modern facilities whilst the building itself main… More
10 Aug 2014
"Excellent apartment with amazing rooftop view"
This place is just amazing, the entry of the building is beautiful, makes you feel like you just enter the time of the Knights!!! The penthouse is spotless, spacious and decorated to a high standard. … More
21 Apr 2014
"Fantastic Views across Valletta"
I would definitely recommend this apartment. It perhaps isn't suitable for children though, due to the spiral staircase down to the second bedroom. The views are lovely and it was nice to have so… More
8 Apr 2014
"Stunning views & great service"
The penthouse was a superb light filled open plan apartment with 360 deg views from the rooftop terrace. Claire the owner was a charming and exceptionally helpful host- even drove us across Valetta t… More
5 Apr 2014
"Excellent Base for "the real Valletta""
Valletta has lots of steep steps and road , so difficult for the less mobile.Old mint No 1 and 2 and the penthouse, have been furnished and decorated to a high standard, the lift to all 3 properties i… More
22 May 2013
"Great Accommodation and Great Views"
We very much enjoyed our stay in the Old Mint Penthouse. It was clean, spacious, well equipped and has excellent outdoor space for relaxing and wonderful views.Although the penthouse has a second doub… More
Thank you for taking the time to submit a feedback review and on the whole you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, I would just like to make some points in answer to some of your comments;
1) The second bedroom is accessed via spiral traditional Maltese steps of which are displayed on the advert.
2) The Patio doors from the living area to terrace, have caused us issues in terms of the locking mechanism, which is a manufacture fault of whom will be visiting the Penthouse to again fix the problem.
3) The TV package in English (May 2013) offers as follows; Euronews, CNN International, Euro Sport News, Russia Today, Discovery World, Boomerang (Kids), KidsCo, Physique TV. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels that generally have BBC World News, Euro News, CNN International.
4) Internet Charge, we offer a secure WiFi system that comes without bandwidth restriction 24/7 for Eur5.00 per day and not Eur5.00 per day for 90 minutes as many offer. Like anyone else in business we need to make money, the whole block and accommodation refurbishment cost circa Eur1 million, which is quite an investment and just like hotel we need to make a profit, in return we offer the best private short let accommodation in Valletta.
5) Electric consumption is monitored only due to certain guest that spoil the fun somewhat in leaving lights on and air conditioning when they are not in the accommodation, I note you wasn't charged.
6) We advise on our cost response email the exchange rate and give a link to the website we take the conversion, which is the daily average rate, in terms of certain currency exchange rate companies, banks the rate is fair.
Sorry to perhaps appear defensive I just want to point out in the best possible way my answers to your comments. I am delighted you did on the whole enjoy your stay :) Rgrds Paul...
30 Apr 2013
"The penthouse was great and the views were fantastic"
This was a beautiful apartment and really well equipped and furnished. The views from the terrace were amazing, but the spiral staircase was not for the faint-hearted or the vertically challenged. W… More
You're booking with
Paul Hay (Property Manager Malta Homes Estate Agents Ltd)
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:25 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Skype name
- Visit site
- 229 properties
- Saint Julian's
- 160 properties
- 84 properties
- 84 properties
- 35 properties
- 33 properties
- 26 properties
- Il Gzira
- 24 properties
- 21 properties
- 18 properties
- 15 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Cospicua (Bormla)
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties