from £100 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £100 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
House / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 11
Availability Your dates are available
House / 4 bedrooms / sleeps 11
Situated 25 miles south of Belfast, with panoramic views across Dundrum Bay to the Mountains of Mourne, the Burren is a spacious four bedroom house offering luxurious accommodation for up to 11 people. It is perfectly located to provide easy access to a wide range of activities, including world renowned golf courses, a heritage coastline, mountains and country parks of outstanding natural beauty, plus unmissable festivals and fairs.
Set in just under an acre of secure grounds and with private access to Tyrella Beach, the house is ideal for children and adults alike. It has been designed and equipped to deliver comfort and relaxation – rooms are spacious, beds are generous and the living areas encourage leisurely lunches, slow suppers and roaring fires.
• Sleeps 11
• 4 bedrooms, 1 has step-free access
• 3 bathrooms, 2 are ensuite
• 2 sitting rooms with panoramic coastal views
• Wi-Fi, Sky, DVD players and IPod docks
• Large secure garden
• Private access to beach
• 6 golf clubs within 30 minutes’ drive
• NITB 5* rated
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Tyrella 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Belfast City and Belfast International 40 km, Nearest railway: Downpatrick 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (5), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 18|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Inside – large airy spaces, with solid oak floors, soft leather sofas and panoramic views of the sea and the mountains.
Bedrooms - all are fitted with crisp white linen and cosy duvets:
• Bedroom 1, ground floor – sleeps 2, king size bed, ensuite
• Bedroom 2 – sleeps 3, single beds
• Bedroom 3 – sleeps 2, king size bed
• Bedroom 4, family room – sleeps 4, king size bed and 2 singles, ensuite
Ground floor living area:
• Large porch for storing golf clubs, pushchairs, boots and wet weather clothing
• Dining area – large oak table and chairs, seats 10 – 12, oak flooring and a fireplace fitted for log, turf or coal fires
• Seating area – seats 9, leather sofas, flat screen TV, DVD player, IPod dock.
• Bifold doors to terrace - garden furniture and bbq
Kitchen and utility room:
• Kitchen - hob, double oven and grill, dishwasher, large capacity fridge freezer and microwave.
• Fully equipped with china, glassware, cutlery, kitchen linens, saucepans and utensils, plus children’s crockery, cutlery and beakers
• Utility room – washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
Upstairs seating area:
Seats 9, leather sofas, flat screen TV, DVD player, IPod dock. Viewing gallery opens onto a balcony with sea views to Newcastle and the Mourne Mountains.
|Further details outdoors|
• Large paved seating area, with garden furniture and bbq
• Large grassed garden,
• Basketball hoop and practice area
• Private path to the beach
• Parking for approximately 4 cars
The rate is inclusive of VAT, heating oil, electricity, cleaning and all linen except beach towels. A refundable damages deposit of £250 is taken for every booking.
The County Down region
County Down offers a perfect blend of history, culture, scenic attractions and plenty of things to do. From high wild mountain passes to rich green pastures, curving sandy beaches to picturesque harbours and villages, County Down has them all.
Sailor, golfer, walker, angler, rider, photographer or artist, you will find relaxation and pleasure in abundance. Whether you've packed the kids' buckets and spades or a pair of stout hiking boots, Co Down is guaranteed to provide a marvellous holiday.
Whether you just take long walks on the strand and absorb the stunning views of the Mourne Mountains or you schedule a new activity for every day, we think there is something for everyone in this beautiful area:
• Tyrella offers a fantastic safe sandy beach ideal for walkers, artists and for family play.
• The Burren is a terrific base for a golfing tour. There are five good – two, world renowned – courses within a 10 mile radius and a links gem on the Ards peninsula that you reach via the Strangford/Portaferry ferry. From the world famous Royal County Down and the stunning coastal scenery of Ardglass, to the local member clubs and pay-to-play courses, there are two constants – a warm welcome and sporting courses that you will want to tell everyone about.
• For epicureans, there are numerous restaurants, gastro pubs and cafes in the immediate area at Dundrum, Strangford and Killinchy offering great dining based on the excellent local produce.
• Have a day at the races in Downpatrick at the racecourse.
• Newcastle offers traditional seaside family fun, plus the bonus of the mountains of Mourne and championship golf (Royal County Down).
• Nearby Tollymore and Castlewellan have outstanding forest parks offering pony-trekking, bouldering, canoeing, abseiling, hillwalking and even Ireland's only mountainboarding facility!
• At Strangford you can take the ferry across the lough to Portaferry, to visit the aquarium and the Ards peninsular
• Check out the magnificent Titanic Centre in Belfast - it's quick and easy to find with plenty of parking.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
3 Nov 2014
I can't rate this holiday letting high enough. The house was fantastic - equipped with everything you would need & more. Everything was spotless & easy to see that the owners look after the prope… More
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Burren.
30 Aug 2014
"A haven, wonderful accommodation and an adventure for children and adults alike"
Our week 16 -23 August 2014 had been planned from early 2013. Our objective was to have a family reunion with aunts, cousins and their children who live in Mourne as well as having a annual family hol… More
Thank you for this lovely review. The location is very special to us and it gives us great pleasure to hear about big family reunions at The Burren John on behalf of the Ritchie Family
28 Aug 2014
"perfect for famiy reunions"
Ideal house for large families. Well equiped kitchen. Excellent facilities. Lovely wall art. Perfect location for walkers.… More
Thank you for this feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Burren, John for the Ritchie Family
13 Jan 2014
"Perfect House in a Stunning Location"
It is difficult to find a house large enough to cope with three families but the Burren covers it with class. The house is exceptionally well equipped with Sky, wifi, dishwasher etc, it was the perfec… More
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
30 Jun 2013
"A great house and beautiful location"
We found this house through Tripadvisor reviews. We have just returned after spending a great week at The Burren. We are all originally from that part of Co Down and wanted somewhere to accommodate ou… More
The Ritchie Family are delighted that The Burren was a good venue for your family event. We do hope to welcome you again.
24 Mar 2013
"Great house, excellent location."
We stayed at the Burren for a weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday. The house is fantastic, plenty of room and with everything you could possibly need. It's only about ten miles from the mournes which is great for anyone interested in climbing. Dundrum and Downpatrick are also only a few miles away for restaurants and shops.
Great house close to the beach. Will definitely be back!
Thank you for taking the time to review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Burren.
2 Oct 2012
"Perfect from beginning to end!"
Our extended family have just returned from what can only be described as a delightful weekend at The Burren. There were 11 of us in total staying at the house and it still felt like there was oodles… More
Thank you for your generous review - we hope to see you again soon!
11 Sep 2012
"A fantastic house in a beautiful location."
Pleasant and efficient communication with the owners ensured we had a good feeling about the house before setting foot in it. When we arrived we weren't disappointed: a large, bright, well decorated house with stunning views of the mountains. A private pathway led down to the beach, which we had to ourselves. We didn't want to leave!
Thank you for your generous review - we hope to see you again soon
27 Jul 2012
"Fabulous house, perfect location, loved it!!"
The house is beautiful and the beach being so close is great (even with the mucky walk as we were there after the rain). We were with a group of friends on the Friday night and then our families joined us on the Saturday, house and location were perfect for both, our kids loved it. The booking process and the flexibility of the owners was also great. The price may not be the lowest but the facilities and location are definitely worth it. We thoroughly recommend this property and hope to be back. Enjoy!!
Thank you for your generous review. You'll be glad to know that we have just upgraded the path to the beach so in future it will offer a smoother and cleaner walk to the beach after heavy rain!
28 May 2012
"Lovely home in a Fantastic location"
We stayed at the Burren over Easter with children and extended family. The house really felt like a home. It was very well equipped and was very clean. It was a super base to sight-see around the Mournes and Co. Down. We hope to return next year and have already recommended it to friends.
Thank you very much for kind review - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon.
You're booking with
The Ritchie F.
- 3 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:23 May 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- +44 77488 07086