About the home
Stylish and very well equipped accommodation can be found at Mimoza Apartment. This three bedroomed apartment is set on a private complex with shared gardens and a pool. The main street of Turunç village and the beach are just a 10 minute walk away.
Turunç is a quiet village - no manic nightlife or lager louts here - just the simple pleasures of great Turkish food and the time to relax and enjoy the renowned Turkish hospitality. It becomes addictive and many guests return year after year to recharge their batteries and renew old acquaintances.
Come and see what you've been missing!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Turunç, 900m|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Nearest amenities: 900m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, Safe|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (3), Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
* All bedrooms and the lounge are air conditioned.
* Each bedroom has a wardrobe, mirror and storage space.
* Double bedroom has private balcony with sea and mountain views.
* Landing upstairs is large and has a double sofabed.
* TV with Playstation 2 (can be used for DVDs as well as games)
* Two additional single sofabeds are in the lounge.
* Ground floor bathroom has a shower whilst upstairs bathroom has a bath with shower over.
* Large lounge with formal dining area opens onto balcony with additional table and chairs.
* Insect screens on many windows.
* A high chair can be provided free of charge.
* A cot with linens can be hired for £10 per week
Further details outdoors:
* Shared swimming pool and sunbathing area (6 sunbeds, cushions and some sunshades are provided)
* Large freestanding barbecue can be used by guests
* Only a ten minute walk to the main street
* Nearest shop just five minutes walk away
* Quiet residential area - perfect for children as there is little passing traffic
* Pool is usually open from the start of May to the end of October.
* A Welcome Pack is available on your arrival and we tailor the contents to your arrival time. For example, a late night arrival will mean that you have a Breakfast Pack, whilst a daytime arrival will mean an Afternoon Tea Pack.
* An English speaking representative will be available for you 24 hours a day.
* Money exchange can be arranged (it is a better rate of exchange in Turkey than in the UK).
* Airport transfers can be arranged from Dalaman, Bodrum or Izmir Airports.
* The villa is cleaned ready for your arrival and the end of stay clean (to prepare for the next guests) is also included in your rental charge. Any addiitonal cleaning is not incuded and we ask that you arrange for any mid-stay cleans prior to your arrival. The cost is £35 for a full clean and laundry change (all bedding and house towels to be changed). The cost for this can be added to your rental charge and must be paid for before your arrival in Turunc.
* The changeover day for the villa is flexible as there are daily flights to Dalaman during the season.
A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total holiday rental charge is required to secure your booking. The balance of the holiday is due four weeks before your arrival date. At the same time we also require a breakage/damage Security Deposit of £100. This is returned to you in the week after your holiday, once there has been a satisfactory inspection of the holiday accommodation.
Whilst house towels are provided, these are not to be used on the beach or around the pool. Please bring your own beach towels with you for use in these areas.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Turunç village is one of the best kept secrets along the Aegean coast. It is in a stunningly beautiful bay - surrounded on one side by pine forested mountains - and on the other side by the clear blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
The village has been welcoming visitors for the last 15 years and there are many people who return year after year to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Turkish people.
The weather in Turunç is warm and sunny from the end of March until the end of November. In the high summer the temperatures are hot and perfect for sun worshippers. The beach is a mixture of sand and shingle and has a gentle rake, making it ideal for children. The sea is amazingly clear and Turunç is the proud holder of the Blue Flag Award for maintaining and promoting beach and sea cleanliness.
If you wish to be more active than just sunbathing on your holiday, then there are many watersports available along the beach. From water skiing to the banana boat! Lunch can be taken at one of the many beachside restaurants and bars.
Eating out in Turunç is a pleasure when there are so many restaurants to choose from. Many offer traditional Turkish food such as mezes and kebabs, with perhaps some baklava and Turkish coffee to finish! The prices vary with the style of restaurant - from the cheap and cheerful to the more up market and formal. Locally caught fish is aways available on the menu.
The nightlife is based around the bars. Some of these have dancing until the small hours for those with energy after a hard day on the beach.
There are plenty of day trips to visit the surrounding area and boat trips can be taken to explore along the beautiful coast. These can be booked from several of the tour operators on the main street, but our favourite is Green Idyma Travel Agency.
If you feel like some raunchier nightlife then Marmaris and Içmeler are just a 40 minute bus ride away. These bigger towns also have more choice for shopping and bargain hunting amongst the markets.
The Turunc area
The wealth of archaeology in Turkey is almost embarrassing with its abundance of Greek, Roman, Lycian, Carian and Ottoman sites. The best known of these is Ephesus (called Efes in Turkey). Day trips to Efes can be booked from Turunç and the trip is usually combined with a visit to the final home of The Virgin Mary.
The small settlement of Amos is near to Turunç and it has a small amphitheatre and a temple to explore (but you'll need good sturdy shoes as, despite new pathways, it is still a bit "rustic"). The reward for your perseverance is the wonderful view over the bay out towards Marmaris and Dalyan and of the wide sweeping bay of Kumlubuk to the south.
If ancient history isn't your thing, then there is a small water park in Marmaris which offers a fun family day out. Although to be fair, when we visited last year, the "grown-ups" probably enjoyed it more than the children........! Trips around the Bozburun Peninsula can be taken in a jeep, which gives you the chance to have fun as you watch the scenery go by.
The Holy Muslim month of Ramazan (known as Ramadan in the UK) will be from 20th July to 18th August. From the 19th August there is a three day period of celebration and feasting, known as Seker Bayram (or Sugar/Sweet Holiday). It is a great time to be in Turkey to experience the renowned Turkish hospitality at its best.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
The nearest airport to Mimoza Apartment is Dalaman.
We can arrange private transfers for you and your party from just 250 Turkish Lira (roughly £100) for a return journey for up to four people. For five or six people the cost rises to 300 Turkish Lira (roughly £120). Larger parties of seven to fourteen people pay 400 TL (roughly £160) for their return journey.
The transfer takes between 90-110 minutes depending on the time of day and the traffic! All transfers are in air conditioned vehicles and the time of your flight arrival is immaterial - if you get to Dalaman - we'll pick you up!
* EasyJet have flights from Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester and Bristol - book at www.easyjet.com
* Charter flights can be booked through Thomas Cook at www.flythomascook.com, who offer a good range of "mix and match" dates if you don't want a typical 7 or 14 night stay
* Book with Thomson at www.thomson.co.uk
* Try Monarch at http://www.monarch.co.uk/flights
We can also arrange transfers from Bodrum or Izmir airports if required.
Activities near Turunc
Tennis in town
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 295||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||1 May 13||1 Jul 13||£ 350||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 395||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 375||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 295||-||-||1 Week|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Low Season||1 Apr 13||1 May 13||£ 345||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||1 May 13||1 Jul 13||£ 400||-||-||1 Week|
|High Season||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 475||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid Season||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 425||-||-||1 Week|
|Low Season||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 345||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Groups of up to 6 people please refer to the 6 people Rental Rates. For groups of 7 or 8 people, please use the 8 people Rental Rates chart.
A Booking Deposit of 20% of the total holiday rental charge is required to secure your dates.
A refundable Security Deposit of £100 to be paid along with the balance (four weeks before arrival).
Payments are accepted via bank transfer (UK account), by credit and debit cards and through PayPal.
Additional cleaning can be arranged locally for £35 per villa clean (this includes a full linen change of bedding and towels).
SPECIAL OFFER - there is a 10% discount off the cost of a second week.
COUPLES DISCOUNT - if only two of you want to come and stay in Mimoza Apartment then we offer you a 20% off the cost of your holiday. This is only available between 1st April and 31st May and 1st to 31st October. This offer applies to couples sharing ONE room only.
Please email me for more information about these offers.Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Sunny Villa in Turunc, Turkey
Zeytin Apartment in Turunc, Turkey
Kiraz Apartment in Turunc, Turkey
Holiday homes in Turkey (3,123)