Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 9
Stylish and comfortable accommodation can be found at Kiraz (Turkish for Cherry) Apartment. This three bedroomed apartment is set on a private complex with shared gardens and a pool. The main street of Turunç village and the beach are just a 10 minute walk away.
Turunç is a quiet village - no manic nightlife or lager louts here - just the simple pleasures of great Turkish food and the time to relax and enjoy the renowned Turkish hospitality. It becomes addictive and many guests return year after year to recharge their batteries and renew old acquaintances.
Come and see what you've been missing!
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Turunç 900 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||900 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 120 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
* All three bedrooms and the lounge are air conditioned.
* Each bedroom has wardrobes, mirrors and storage space.
* Master bedroom has private balcony with sea and mountain views.
* Landing upstairs is large and has two single beds for extra sleeping.
* Both bedrooms upstairs are doubles but one can be swapped for twin beds if required.
* Additional sofa bed is in the lounge.
* Ground floor bathroom has a shower whilst upstairs en suite bathroom has a bath with shower over.
* Large lounge with formal dining area opens onto balcony with additional table and chairs.
* Insect screens on many windows.
* A travel cot with linens can be hired for £10 per week.
* A highchair can be provided free of charge.
|Further details outdoors|
* Shared swimming pool and sunbathing area (4 sunbeds and a sunshade are provided)
* Large freestanding barbecue can be used by guests
* Only a ten minute walk to the main street
* Nearest shop and restaurant just five minutes walk away
* Quiet residential area - perfect for children as little passing traffic
* Pool is usually open from the start of May to the end of October.
* A Welcome Pack is available on your arrival and we tailor the contents to your arrival time. For example, a late night arrival will mean that you have a Breakfast Pack, whilst a daytime arrival will mean an Afternoon Tea Pack.
* An English speaking representative will be available for you 24 hours a day.
* Money exchange can be arranged (it is a better rate of exchange in Turkey than in the UK).
* Airport transfers can be arranged from Dalaman, Bodrum or Izmir Airports.
* The changeover day for the apartment is flexible as there are daily flights to Dalaman during the season.
* The apartment is cleaned ready for your arrival and the end of stay clean (to prepare for the next guests) is also included in your rental charge. Any additional cleaning is not included and we ask that you arrange for any mid-stay cleans prior to your arrival. The cost is £35 for a full clean and laundry change (all bedding and house towels to be changed). The cost for this can be added to your rental charge and must be paid for before your arrival in Turunc.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Turunc village is one of the best kept secrets along the Aegean coast. It is in a stunningly beautiful bay - surrounded on one side by pine forested mountains - and on the other side by the clear blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
The village has been welcoming visitors for the last 15 years and there are many people who return year after year to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Turkish people.
The weather in Turunç is warm and sunny from the end of March until the end of November. In the high summer the temperatures are hot and perfect for sun worshippers. The beach is a mixture of sand and shingle and has a gentle rake, making it ideal for children. The sea is amazingly clear and Turunç is the proud holder of the Blue Flag Award for maintaining and promoting beach and sea cleanliness.
If you wish to be more active than just sunbathing on your holiday, then there are many watersports available along the beach. From water skiing to the banana boat! Lunch can be taken at one of the many beachside restaurants and bars.
Eating out in Turunç is a pleasure when there are so many restaurants to choose from. Many offer traditional Turkish food such as mezes and kebabs, with perhaps some baklava and Turkish coffee to finish! The prices vary with the style of restaurant - from the cheap and cheerful to the more up market and formal. Locally caught fish is aways available on the menu.
The nightlife is based around the bars. Some of these have dancing until the small hours for those with energy after a hard day on the beach.
There are plenty of day trips to visit the surrounding area and boat trips can be taken to explore along the beautiful coast. These can be booked from several of the tour operators on the main street, but our favourite is Green Idyma Travel Agency.
If you feel like some raunchier nightlife then Marmaris and Içmeler are just a 40 minute bus ride away. These bigger towns also have more choice for shopping and bargain hunting amongst the markets.
The wealth of archaeology in Turkey is almost embarrassing with its abundance of Greek, Roman, Lycian, Carian and Ottoman sites. The best known of these is Ephesus (called Efes in Turkey). Day trips to Efes can be booked from Turunç and the trip is usually combined with a visit to the final home of The Virgin Mary.
The small settlement of Amos is near to Turunç and it has a small amphitheatre and a temple to explore (but you'll need good sturdy shoes as despite new pathways it is still "rustic"). The reward for your perseverance is the wonderful view over the bay out towards Marmaris and Dalyan and of the wide sweeping bay of Kumlubuk to the south.
If ancient history isn't your thing, then there is a small water park in Marmaris which offers a fun family day out. Although to be fair, when we visited last year, the "grown-ups" probably enjoyed it more than the children........! Trips around the Bozburun Peninsula can be taken in a jeep, which gives you the chance to have fun as you watch the scenery go by.
The Holy Muslim month of Ramazan (known as Ramadan in the UK) will be from 20th July to 18th August. From the 19th August there is a three day period of celebration and feasting, known as Seker Bayram (or Sugar/Sweet Holiday). It is a great time to be in Turkey to experience the renowned Turkish hospitality at its best.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
Deborah Örer (Property Manager Holiday in Turunc)
- 6 Years listed
Based in Turkey
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 811 properties
- 482 properties
- 395 properties
- 235 properties
- 189 properties
- Olu Deniz
- 118 properties
- 80 properties
- 72 properties
- 66 properties
- 57 properties
- 36 properties
- 28 properties
- 22 properties
- 9 properties
- 7 properties