Villa | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Turunç is often called the Pearl of the Aegean and is a charming fishing village. Turunç has remained fairly untouched by the impact of mass tourism and is a quiet and friendly place to have your holiday. The beach has clear blue water and is the proud holder of a Blue Flag Award. Sunny Villa is just two minutes walk away from this beach and also offers the use of the large swimming pool and sunbathing area on the complex.
Sunny Villa is well equipped and is perfect for family holidays, with three bedrooms (twin, double and family rooms). There are three balconies from which to enjoy the lovely views. The main street of the village with a wide choice of restaurants and bars is less than five minutes walk away.
It is the ideal place to relax, unwind and recharge your batteries.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Turunç 200 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Dalaman 120 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (5), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 9, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors||
* All bedrooms and the lounge are air conditioned.
* Each bedroom has large fitted wardrobes and storage space.
* Double bedroom has private balcony with furniture and offers stunning sea views.
* Family room has three single beds and a sofabed (this sofabed can be moved to double room if required).
* Ground floor bathroom has a shower whilst upstairs bathroom has a bath with shower over.
* Separate kitchen with small table and chairs.
* Kitchen is well equipped with a water cooler, good sized fridge/freezer, full oven/hob, kettle, toaster and a microwave.
* Large lounge with formal dining area opens onto terrace with additional table and chairs.
* Insect screens on all windows and most doors.
* Flat screen tv with DVD player (no broadcast signal).
|Further details outdoors||
Sunny Villa has a small private garden which is paved. There is a lovely shaded area by the front door with an attractive ironwork seat and table - perfect for a refreshing afternoon drink.
The front lower balcony has comfortable seating for four with seating for up to seven people around a table available for the paved area in front of the house. This area can be used for sunbathing too. A small barbecue is provided to help with your al fresco dining parties.
The large swimming pool is next door to the villa and we have six sunbeds with cushions and a sunshade for you to use in the sunbathing area around the pool.
The communal gardens are attractively planted and there are vines, boungainvillea, hibiscus and pelargoniums around the villa itself.
* Pool is usually open from the start of May to the end of October.
* A Welcome Pack is available on your arrival and we tailor the contents to your arrival time. For example, a late night arrival will mean that you have a Breakfast Pack, whilst a daytime arrival will mean an Afternoon Tea Pack.
* An English speaking representative will be available for you 24 hours a day.
* Money exchange can be arranged (it is a better rate of exchange in Turkey than in the UK).
* Airport transfers can be arranged from Dalaman, Bodrum or Izmir Airports.
* The villa is cleaned ready for your arrival and the end of stay clean (to prepare for the next guests) is also included in your rental charge. Any addiitonal cleaning is not incuded and we ask that you arrange for any mid-stay cleans prior to your arrival. The cost is £35 for a full clean and laundry change (all bedding and house towels to be changed). The cost for this can be added to your rental charge and must be paid for before your arrival in Turunc.
* The changeover day for the villa is flexible as there are daily flights to Dalaman during the season.
* A travel cot with cotton sheets can be rented for £10 per week.
* A basic high chair can be provided free of charge.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Turunc village is one of the best kept secrets along the Aegean coast. It is in a stunningly beautiful bay - surrounded on one side by pine forested mountains - and on the other side by the clear blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
The village has been welcoming visitors for the last 30 years and there are many people who return year after year to experience the warmth and hospitality of the Turkish people.
The weather in Turunç is warm and sunny from the end of March until the end of November. In the high summer the temperatures are hot and perfect for sun worshippers. The beach is a mixture of sand and shingle and has a gentle rake, making it ideal for children. The sea is amazingly clear and Turunç is the proud holder of the Blue Flag Award for maintaining and promoting beach and sea cleanliness.
If you wish to be more active than just sunbathing on your holiday, then there are many watersports available along the beach. From water skiing to the banana boat! Lunch can be taken at one of the many beachside restaurants and bars.
Eating out in Turunç is a pleasure when there are so many restaurants to choose from. Many offer traditional Turkish food such as mezes and kebabs, with perhaps some baklava and Turkish coffee to finish! The prices vary with the style of restaurant - from the cheap and cheerful to the more up market and formal. Locally caught fish is aways available on the menu.
The nightlife is based around the bars. Some of these have dancing until the small hours for those with energy after a hard day on the beach.
There are plenty of day trips to visit the surrounding area and boat trips can be taken to explore along the beautiful coast. These can be booked from several of the tour operators on the main street, but our favourite is Green Idyma Travel Agency.
If you feel like some raunchier nightlife then Marmaris and Içmeler are just a 40 minute bus ride away. These bigger towns also have more choice for shopping and bargain hunting amongst the markets.
The wealth of archaeology in Turkey is almost embarrassing with its abundance of Greek, Roman, Lycian, Carian and Ottoman sites. The best known of these is Ephesus (called Efes in Turkey). Day trips to Efes can be booked from Turunç and the trip is usually combined with a visit to the final home of The Virgin Mary.
The small settlement of Amos is near to Turunç and it has a small amphitheatre and a temple to explore (but you'll need good sturdy shoes as although there are paths, it is still a bit rustic). The reward for your perseverance is the wonderful view over the bay out towards Marmaris and Dalyan and of the wide sweeping bay of Kumlubuk to the south.
If ancient history isn't your thing, then there is a small water park in Marmaris which offers a fun family day out. Although to be fair, when we visited, the "grown-ups" probably enjoyed it more than the children........! Trips around the Bozburun Peninsula can be taken in a jeep, which gives you the chance to have fun as you watch the scenery go by.
The Holy Muslim month of Ramazan (known as Ramadan in the UK) will be from 20th July to 18th August. From the 19th August there is a three day period of celebration and feasting, known as Seker Bayram (or Sugar/Sweet Holiday). It is a great time to be in Turkey to experience the renowned Turkish hospitality at its best.