Casa Kalos Luxury Rental
About the home
Ideal for couples or small family or group up to 4, seeking relaxing beach holiday and a perfect headquarter for excursions in the wonderful region, this brand new 2-room apartment has been designed to best fulfill the needs of touristic rentals. The apartment, ideal for couples and small groups up to 4, is A/C and boasts elegant and luxourious design style and top quality, tasteful furniture.
In the recently renovated historical building "Palazzo Termini" in the heart of Trapani. The area is the most attractive in Trapani, replete with many XVI and XVII Century churches and historical buildings from diverse periods. There are many beaches, restaurants, bars, shops, monuments, restaurants, pizzerias, main transport connections within very short walks of this very quiet and elegant residence.
Sandy beach at 50 mt.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Trapani, 100m|
|Will consider:||House swaps|
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Lift access to property
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 2|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Access:||Lift access to property|
Further details indoors:
CasaKalos luxury residence apartment has been designed upfront to best fulfill the need of turistic rental
The apartment is air conditioned, It is fully furnished and sleeps up to 4 with one bedroom holding a double bed, a kitchen and a dining/living room that has an additional convertible sofa-bed, offering 2 additional places.
Separate Bath tub and Shower. Wide, glazed Shower cubicle with wooden anti slippage board to ensure max access and safety. powerful hair dryer provided
Apartament is perfectly silent. Windows and doors isolation is in line with the most advanced isolation technologies differently from the vast majority of offers in the area. In casaKalos, although very central , there is no risk to be disturbed by outdoors or city noise.
To reduce the weight of your aircraft luggage, the Apartment is fully equipped with many domestic items you might need during the stay. It has a fully equipped kitchen, with refrigerator , freezer, toaster and kettle. An Iron, and ironing board are also available. 32" LCD TV with Digital Terrestrial and Satellite receiver, DVD player: Internet Access available on request via USB key.
Further details outdoors:
The apartment is in a building entirely renovated (reconstructed) in 2008 designed by architects and conceived for holiday lettings.
The apartment location is central in the very heart of Trapani Historical town, A perfect headquarter for excursions in the wonderful surroundings. Sandy beach only 100mt ‘as the crow flies’ (250mt walking distance).
The unique central location of the apartment, just 40mt from the pedesrian area, 300mt from port allowing and from major public connections allows you to perform many excursions:
- Egades Island 7 miles off 300mt walk to the port then hydrofoils
- Palermo 100km 300mt walk to the port then bus
- The famous San Vito Beach 45km 500 mt to the Bus Terminal then public bus
- the Natural Reserve of lo Zingaro San Vito via Bus then excursion with boat with local operator (to be booked)
- Marsala 30km Train Station 700mt
* Turnover any day of the week
* English-speaking representative on hand to answer any questions
* rates includes water, gas, electricity.
* final cleaning costs, including provision of high quality bathropes (for 2), and a set of hand towels, sheets/linen for all renters, are to be added for each stay: 70.00 Euro for 2 people 90.00 for 4 people are to be added for each stay
* cautional deposit requested at arrival. Euro 225,00 . It is returned at check out, or within two weeks of your departure (subject to satisfactory property inspection).
* no pets
* no smokers
Detailed contractual conditions
1) The property owner will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the tenant or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever. We advise you to arrange your own insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings whilst staying at the property.
2) If the booking is made within 6 weeks of the letting the whole of the rental payment is to be forwarded with your booking form
3) If the booking is made prior to 6 weeks of the letting a rental A deposit of max 40% net of all bank, or third part, charges in the form of a bank transfer or credit card (via paypal) of the full final quotation returned for the requested holiday period, and this secures the agreed booking period.
The balance of the rental is due not less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the holiday unless different booking conditions have been agreed. Failure to pay the balance in full will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the holidaymaker. Reminders are not issued.
4) Cancellation of the booking by the holidaymaker should be made in writing. If the reason for the cancellation is illness, or other extreme unavoidable cause, the owner will repay, excluding the deposit, the following amounts:
a. 29 to 42 days before holiday date - 50% of rental
b. 15 to 28 days before holiday date - 25% of rental
c. 0 to 14 days - 10% of rental
d. Where there is no qualifying reason for a refund, such as illness, no refund will be made.
The owner of the accommodation will, however, allow deposits to be carried forward against suitable alternative holiday dates if these can be arranged.
5) The owner does not allow domestic animals, their presence in the property will permit the owner to terminate this agreement.
6) Whilst every care is taken to provide an accurate description of the property, from time to time there may be alterations made. The holidaymaker must accept that no refunds are available for such discrepancies.
7) The property owner will endeavour to make sure the stated property is available for the dates contracted. In the event, however, for instance, of fire or flood damage, occurring prior holidaymaker arrival, resulting in the property therefore not being available, the owner will endeavour to find the holidaymaker a suitable alternative accommodation.If the cost of this alternative accommodation is higher, the owner will be jointly responsible with the holidaymaker for the price difference. If a suitable replacement property cannot be found, the Holidaymaker is entitled to a full refund.
8) The number of persons using the property must not exceed the numbers agreed at the time of booking and the owner cannot accept more people than the maximum number advertised. If it is found that more people than agreed at time of booking are using the property, if still within maximum allowed advertised capacity (4 people), relevant extra charges will be quoted. If exceeding the maximum occupancy, this will be considered a breach of contract and the holidaymakers will be denied access to the property without any refund.
9) Arrival time should be no earlier than 16.00 pm on the start date and the holiday accommodation should be vacated by 10.00 am on the departure date. It may be possible to negotiate deferred arrival or departure time on an individual basis and the level of flexibility will depends on the apartment master booking plan. The owner cannot be held responsible for any changes in travelling arrangements which are beyond his control.
10) The holidaymaker agrees not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside the apartment at any time. If this is not strictly adhered to it will lead to a deduction from the deposit.
11) Unless otherwise stated, the rental of the property includes, rates, insurance of the property and electricity. The property is equipped with crockery, cutlery, sheets, blankets and adequate cleaning equipment, linen and towels (not to be used as beach towels).
12) The holidaymaker should keep the holiday property and all furniture, fittings and effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday. The property owner will be entitled to make an additional charge if this is not the case. The holiday maker will be responsible for all damage or loss of contents during the occupation and is also responsible for paying appropriate compensation to the property owner. Where holidaymakers abuse holiday property they will be responsible for making full restitution for the damage. At arrival a cautional deposit of max Euro 225,00, to be held by the owner against breakages, will be requested.
a. An inspection and inventory of the furniture and fittings may be made at the start and end of the lease by the owner (or their agent) and holidaymaker. If any inventory cannot be made at the time of arrival, the holidaymaker has twenty-four hours in which to check any inventory displayed on the premises and inform the owner of any discrepancies. After that time, the property rented will be assumed to have been undamaged on the Tenant's arrival.
b. If an inspection is not made at the end of the lease, because the departure time is other than planned and inconvenient, the owner alone will carry out any inspection at the planned time and will return any security deposit within two weeks following departure, on condition and assuming that the premises are undamaged and in good order.
c. If the owner observes any damage, he or she must inform the holiday party within one week. Consequently, there will be a period of at most two months following the departure date, during which the security deposit will be returned after any deduction for damage, cleaning etc.
d. Any damage duly observed will give rise to a deduction from the security deposit of a sum mutually agreed between the owner, or his or her representative, and the holidaymaker. In the case of disagreement, a quotation will be obtained from a recognised professional or association chosen by the owner before his or her departure, or, failing that, by the owner when the premises are finally inspected. In this case, the security deposit will be returned to the owner by post within fifteen days, after deduction of the sum stated in the quotation.
13) It is the owner’s utmost concern that the holidaymaker has a pleasant stay. It is up to the holidaymaker to make any problem known to the owner (or his agent) immediately it becomes apparent so that the owner has an opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed no claim can be accepted. It also must be accepted by the holidaymaker that there are times when professionals cannot immediately be found to rectify a problem. The owner will, however, do her best to rectify problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
14) If the holidaymakers chooses to depart early, other than on account of the breach of the agreement by the owner, there will be no refund to the holidaymaker, save for any security deposit (as per point 12 above).
15) acceptance of the contractual conditions here shown will be explicitely asked at submission of quotation.
* 30% of rental fee due to secure booking and settlement 6 weeks before stay.
* Short notice booking (less then 6 weeks from arrival) unique payment at booking.
The Sicily region
Searching on the web it is is easy to get information about Sicily, however the majority of such information is usually too general in its assessment of the wide spectrum of touristic offers the island can provide. The Western Sicily district, with Trapani as its main town, substantially contributes to these offers and is detailed in following section.
The Trapani / Trapani Town area
Trapani, capital of Western Sicily district, "is one of the most romantic places in the Mediterranean. It is characterised by long stretches of coast and coastal plains, lavish monuments and palaces, ancient sites, windmills, islands, quaint provincial towns and countryside that beg to be explored. By night, the region should be enjoyed over a glass of chilled wine and fine food in a beachside restaurant ideally facing west so as to see some of the most spectacular sunsets in Europe." And all those who stay in the town and visit the surrounding area would quote that!
Trapani is accessible by land, water, and air. Trains and buses are available into and from the neighbouring city of Palermo. These transportations also travel to the neighbouring places of Sciacca, Selinunte ruins, Marsala, Segesta, Mazara del Vallo, and Agrigento.
By water, boats and Hydrofoils sail regularly to Egadi islands. Hydrofoils are sometimes available for trips to and from Tunis and Pantelleria. The public railway station is just near Trapani’s business centres. The bus station, for one, is located just across the ferry port.
The Sicilian City of Trapani is located on the western coast of the island. Specifically, it rests on a very favourable location, facing the fabulous Mediterranean Sea. The historical part of Trapani offers ideals accommodation to tourists wishing to make it their base. It is compact enough that everything is within walking distance: shops, bars, restaurants, monuments, main transport connections. It is in a unique location for relaxing while at the same time providing a fascinating vacation.
As compact as the historic town may be, there are so many must-see sights in Trapani. To start with, the Sanctuary of Maria Santissima Annunziata is a favourite among religious devotees. Also called "Madonna di Trapani", the basilica was founded in the 1300s and was rebuilt in the 1700s. The marbles statue of the Virgin Mary is said to be made by Nino Pisano. Truly Trapani City is an abode of religious structures. The Cathedral, which was built in the 1600s, can be found in Trapani City along with other churches. Examples are the churches of Sant’Agostino, which was built during the fourteenth century, and the fifteenth-century Santa Maria di Gesu. Other architectural structures that Trapani City take pride in are the Triton’s Fountain (also known as "Fontana del Tritone"), Casa Ciambra (the "Baroque Palazzo della Giudecca"), and the Corso Vittorio Emanuele building structures.
Food & wine, restaurants and more:
Trapani is famous for the quality and the offer of good foods. A week's stay in the historic town could be exclusively dedicated to try out gourmet combinations. Fresh fish, wines, traditional Sicilian cooking, with a number of Trapanese peculiarity or novel cuisine.
The ideal central position of the city offers during the stay a wide range of excursions. A visit to the theatre ruins and the ancient Greek temple in Segesta would surely be a worthwhile experience. Taking the road through Palermo, a visit to the ruins would make a good diurnal adventure. From the fish ports of Trapani, it is also good to take a refreshing escape and have fun on the bays and beaches of the wonderful Egadi Islands. The hilltop historic town of Elice is worth visiting too. It can be reached by land travel, by way of the regular passenger buses. But for the adventurous at heart, basking the beauty of Elice through the newly installed cable cars sounds exciting. San Vito Lo Capo (40km) and its superb white sand beaches and the Natural Park Reserve of Lo Zingaro nearby leave first time visitors breathless.
Sports enthusiasts would know that the sailing race participants for the 2007 America’s Cup has notably gone to Trapani City. This is because the Louis Vuitton Cup was held in this Sicilian City.
Trapani is also famous for the "I misteri", the traditional Easter procession of the townsfolk. The sixteen-hour procession occurs on Good Friday and ends on Holy Saturday.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
NEWS: from 28 October 2008 3 xWeek direct flights from London Luton to Trapani Tue Thu and Sat
Flying to Trapani Airport (TPS) - Casakalos is just 15 km from the airport.
In 2008 winter season Trapani can be reached from London Luton and Girona (Spain) with direct flights operated by Ryanair
Direct flights to Trapani operated by Ryanair from Pisa, and Milan-Bergamo airport.
Car hire available at Trapani airport major global car rental company (AVIS, Hertz, Sixt, etc.) and AutoEuropa (http://www.autoeuropa.it/ )
Local public bus runs regularly and with good frequency between Airport and Trapani Harbour (Casa Kalos is 250m from the last bus stop).
Transfer service can be arranged via our website. Please follow the link at the bottom of this page
Local taxis available - fare should be no more than €30. Get the price confirmed prior stepping into the taxi! A far more convenient and cost effective to arrange a transfer with any transfer company located in Trapani. Booking can be done via Internet. and vcan be arranged when booking the apartment
To reach Trapani one can also fly to Palermo (PMO). 90km from Trapani
Cheap flights available from Ryanair http://www.ryanair.com/ from London Stansted and from Easyjet to Palermo (PMO) airport.
Car hire available at Palermo airport major global car rental company (AVIS, Hertz, Sixt, etc.). In addition at PMO Airport it is possible to hire car with Autoeuropa http://www.autoeuropa.it
Public bus run 3 time per day from PMO to Trapani harbour, and with current timetables, arriving with the Ryanair flight from London Stansted it is be possible to catch the public bus running from Palermo Airport to Trapani Harbour.
Tips: the privileged position of the apartment makes the use of hire car not essential!
Activities near Trapani
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
03 Nov 2012
Our family of four had a lovely week in CasaKalos in October. This is 6th time we have used vacation rentals in EU/usa and we can highly recommend CasaKalos. The location of the flat couldn't... more
31 Oct 2012
Casa Kalos was the perfect spot to stay in Trapani which turned out to have so much on it's doorstep. Casa Kalos were very helpful with any information and the property was a great base - very... more
23 Jul 2012
This appartment has all one needs for a stay in Trapani.
It is perfectly located in the old part of town, a few steps away from the nightlife, the beach, the harbour etc...
Ideal also fo taking excursions to the neighbouring islands.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Late July rate||15 Jul 12||29 Jul 12||€ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||29 Jul 12||26 Aug 12||€ 590||-||-||1 Week|
|Early September rate||26 Aug 12||9 Sep 12||€ 490||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||9 Sep 12||30 Sep 12||€ 420||-||-||1 Week|
|October rate||30 Sep 12||5 Nov 12||€ 320||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter Special||5 Nov 12||23 Dec 12||€ 200||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas rate||23 Dec 12||7 Jan 13||€ 390||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter Special||7 Jan 13||25 Mar 13||€ 200||€ 50||-||5 Nights|
|Easter Rate||25 Mar 13||6 Apr 13||€ 420||€ 60||-||5 Nights|
|Low Season||8 Apr 13||22 Apr 13||€ 290||€ 50||-||5 Nights|
|May rate||22 Apr 13||2 Jun 13||€ 350||€ 55||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||2 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 450||€ 60||-||5 Nights|
|July rate||1 Jul 13||21 Jul 13||€ 540||€ 90||-||5 Nights|
|High Season||21 Jul 13||25 Aug 13||€ 590||€ 90||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||25 Aug 13||15 Sep 13||€ 540||€ 80||-||5 Nights|
|Prices for group size 3|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|July rate||11 Jul 11||1 Aug 11||€ 610||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||1 Aug 11||28 Aug 11||€ 690||-||-||1 Week|
|May rate||5 May 12||27 May 12||€ 400||-||-||1 Week|
|Middle season||27 May 12||15 Jul 12||€ 520||-||-||1 Week|
|Late July||15 Jul 12||29 Jul 12||€ 590||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||29 Jul 12||26 Aug 12||€ 670||-||-||1 Week|
|Early September rate||26 Aug 12||9 Sep 12||€ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|Middle season||9 Sep 12||30 Sep 12||€ 470||-||-||1 Week|
|October rate||30 Sep 12||5 Nov 12||€ 370||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter Special||5 Nov 12||23 Dec 12||€ 250||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas Rate||23 Dec 12||7 Jan 13||€ 450||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter Special||7 Jan 13||25 Mar 13||€ 250||€ 50||-||5 Nights|
|Easter rate||25 Mar 13||8 Apr 13||€ 450||€ 70||-||5 Nights|
|Low Season||8 Apr 13||22 Apr 13||€ 350||€ 50||-||5 Nights|
|May rate||22 Apr 13||2 Jun 13||€ 390||€ 55||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||2 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 490||€ 65||-||5 Nights|
|July rate||1 Jul 13||21 Jul 13||€ 650||€ 100||€ 100||5 Nights|
|High Season||21 Jul 13||25 Aug 13||€ 690||€ 110||€ 110||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||25 Aug 13||15 Sep 13||€ 540||€ 80||-||5 Nights|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Easter rate||1 Apr 12||15 Apr 12||€ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|Low season||15 Apr 12||30 Apr 12||€ 340||-||-||1 Week|
|May rate||30 Apr 12||28 May 12||€ 490||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||28 May 12||16 Jul 12||€ 590||-||-||1 Week|
|Late July rate||16 Jul 12||30 Jul 12||€ 650||-||-||1 Week|
|High season||30 Jul 12||27 Aug 12||€ 720||-||-||1 Week|
|Early September rate||27 Aug 12||10 Sep 12||€ 590||-||-||1 Week|
|Mid season||10 Sep 12||1 Oct 12||€ 520||-||-||1 Week|
|October rate||1 Oct 12||5 Nov 12||€ 420||-||-||Flexible|
|Winter Special||5 Nov 12||23 Dec 12||€ 300||-||-||1 Week|
|Christmas Rate||23 Dec 12||7 Jan 13||€ 520||-||-||1 Week|
|Winter Special||7 Jan 13||25 Mar 13||€ 300||€ 50||-||5 Nights|
|Easter Rate||25 Mar 13||8 Apr 13||€ 540||€ 80||-||5 Nights|
|Low Season||8 Apr 13||22 Apr 13||€ 390||€ 55||-||5 Nights|
|May rate||22 Apr 13||2 Jun 13||€ 420||€ 60||-||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||2 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 540||€ 70||-||5 Nights|
|July rate||1 Jul 13||21 Jul 13||€ 720||€ 110||€ 110||5 Nights|
|High Season||21 Jul 13||25 Aug 13||€ 790||€ 120||€ 120||5 Nights|
|Mid Season||25 Aug 13||15 Sep 13||€ 540||€ 80||-||5 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
* rates depending on the number of guests: 2, 3 or 4 people.
* final cleaning costs, including provision of high quality bathropes (for 2), and a set of bad towels (up to 4), sheets/linen for all renters, are to be added for each stay: 70.00 Euro for 2 people 90.00 for 4 people
* Optional services: intermediate cleaning cost: Euro 30.00; towels, sheet, bathrobe set change costs: Euro 30.00
* Airport Transfer to/from airports (Trapani or Palermo) can be arranged upon request. costs provided on demand.
* Refundable security deposit Euro 225,00 required with final balance payment or on arrival;
within two weeks of customer check out (subject to satisfactory property inspection). NOTE: the amount of the security deposit might vary depending on number of people, and length of stay.
* 30% of rental fee due to secure booking; settlement 6 weeks before stay.
* Short notice booking (less than 6 weeks from arrival) unique payment at booking
* payments via bank transfer and credit cards via Paypal. in Euros (€) net of bank or third part charges. Such charges will be notified and will be settled at arrival
* check in at arrival not before 16:00. late evening arrival possible (to be notified at booking request), check out on departure date latest at 11:00
* Internet access on demand, via portable USB key, provided at Euro 5,00 per day, or upon consume Euro 2,00 per hourBook
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here