Enchanting seafront trulli
from £96 /night help
Trullo | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Trullo Fiore di Mare is an enchanting historic holiday home with a private access to the beach.
Exquisite holiday home Trullo with direct access to the sea.
Trullo Fiore di Mare is an ancient stone building, whose origin was lost in the mists of time, but meticulously restored conserving its historic details. The holiday home is one of the last remaining two-story Trullo in the region of Puglia.
Its uniqueness and architectural importance is documented and depicted by the French writer A.L. Castellan, who in the 800s, while he was traveling in Puglia towards Constantinopoli, visited the Trullo Fiore di Mare and added it to his book 'Lettres sur l'Italie'.
The multi-level terraced position of the trullo is superb, overlooking the famous beach of 'Ponte Lama' - protected by the Italian government as it is the only remaining beach with white pebble stones in Trani - from which it is separated by a private gate.
The lawn and colorful garden surrounding the Trullo is well maintained and enriched by a variety of plant and flower species, hence the name Trullo Fiore di Mare. The furniture selection and layout reflects the modern minimalistic style so as to accentuate the original features of the Trullo.
The microclimate of all the environments of the trullo is very pleasant, thanks to the proximity of the sea and the great thickness of the stone walls, but of course can be changed when desired thanks to an effective air-conditioning (hot&cold), provided in all the rooms.
Trullo Fiore di Mare is divided in four terraced levels and offers its guests maximum privacy since each of the bedrooms is equipped with a private bathroom and terrace with sea view.
Internet is available with dongle (5GB per month).
Trullo Fiore di Mare contains the following:
- The main Trullo with a large living area on the ground floor, enriched by a beautiful wall of bare rock that creates a special atmosphere with with built-in light effects. In this area are two comfortable sofa beds available for use;
- Connected to the living area is an inviting lounge area with soft lightning and equipped with TV;
- Carved out from a pre-existing cave, the large dining area is next to the built-in kitchen which is fully equipped with all necessary appliances (dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, American coffee maker etc.) and finished with beautiful hand made ceramics to add on to its charm;
- The first double bedroom is on the ground floor, with private bathroom and air conditioning;
- A large independent bathroom on the ground floor with a shower built into the existing rock formation;
- The second double bedroom is on the first floor, with private bathroom, terrace and air conditioning;
- The third double bedroom is on the second floor, private bathroom, terrace and air conditioning;
- A large green area of 2000 square meters with 400 species of typical Mediterranean plants carefully arranged in hedges and bushes, with lawn and trees and from where you have direct access to the beach via the gate. This area has at its disposal 8 sun loungers, benches and rest areas shaded by trees and hedges.
- A spacious patio with pergola overlooking the sea and covered with vines. A shaded hammock area offers a moment of relaxation and there are sun loungers and 2 large hand-crafted wooden tables (each for 6/8 people) where guests can enjoy their meals. The area is equipped with barbecue;
- A sun deck with sea view equipped with chairs and swing chair;
- On the top level is a panoramic terrace of over 200 square meters with lawn, trees, bushes and flowers, tables and chairs which overlooks the beach of 'Ponte Lama' and offers a spectacular view of the Adriatic sea and the Gargano;
- Ample parking and play area, with two mountain bikes available.
The strategic position of this holiday home offers tranquility and discretion.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Trani|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Double beds (3), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
The Puglia region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Trani is a seaport of Apulia, southern Italy, on the Adriatic Sea, in the new Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani (as of June 2009), and 40 km by railway West-Northwest of Bari.
Trani has lost its old city walls and bastions, but the 13th-century fort has been extensively restored as a museum and performance venue and is open to the public. Some of the streets in and around the Ghetto area remain much as they were in the medieval period, and many of the houses display more or less of Norman decoration.
The main monument of Trani is the Cathedral, dedicated to St. Nicholas the Pilgrim, a Greek who died in Trani in 1094 while on his way on pilgrimage to Rome, and some years later canonized by Urban II. It lies on a raised open site near the sea, and was consecrated, before its completion, in 1143.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Very Good 4/5
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Jun 2014
"Lovely house, great location"
We - two families of four people each (4 adults and 4 kids) - stayed in this property in April, just after Easter. The location and gardens are stunning, the house has a direct access to the beach, th… More
Thank you for your kind review! We enjoyed reading your experience and are sure that our future guests will also appreciate your comments while deciding for their next holiday home!
Please come back sometimes, we'd be happy to welcome you in Puglia again!
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 5 Years listed
Calendar last updated:30 Jan 2015
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted
- Province of Bari
- 703 properties
- Province of Taranto
- 377 properties
- Province of Foggia
- 329 properties
- Province of Matera
- 122 properties
- Province of Potenza
- 90 properties
- Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani
- 58 properties
- San Menaio
- 13 properties