Villa for 10 people near beach
Farmhouse | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Bi-centennial farmhouse, inserted in the typical village of the West Coast, recently remodeled, maintaining its original spirit warm and spacious. The house has 2 floors with 6 divisions and two bathrooms, ideal for family holidays or groups of friends. The kitchen and dining room, the living room, office with computer and internet access and games, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms are on the ground floor. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a small lounge.
The house is set in a plot of 2700m2. On the same you can enjoy the shade of a magnificent big whiner. There are also several cypresses, fruit trees, vegetables, a fountain that predisposes some pleasant moments around an appetizer, the farm is all enclosed, giving you great privacy. For parking there is a garage with 500m2.
The village where is located the house owned small local shops.
4km is the Arena Shopping Mall and the center of Torres-Vedras, vineyards and golf courses.
Good access (near the motorway - A8).
Being close to Lisbon, the area has other interests both sports (surfing, golf, horse riding, scuba diving) as the historical level (Torres Vedras, Obidos, Peniche, Sintra, Mafra, Alcobaça, Batalha, Budha Eden Bombarral .. .)
Santa Cruz / Santa Rita - 15Min
Ericeira / White Sand - 30Min
Lisbon - 40 Min
Obidos - 20 Min
Caldas da Rainha - 25 Min
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Santa Rita 10 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||50 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Lisbon 40 km, Nearest railway: Lisbon 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (3), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
The Costa de Lisboa/Lisbon region
In 1148, Afonso Henriques took from the Moors the town of Torres Vedras, in the then region of Estremadura, an area encircled by gentle hills and valleys. Situated in the former district of Lisbon, Torres Vedras is a strong agricultural region linked with its vineyards and intense commercial and industrial life, resulting in a dynamic pole in the western subregion of Portugal. King Afonso III conceded a foral (charter) in 1250, which was later confirmed by King Manuel I in 1510. This latter decree conferred on the town many of the municipal privileges that it held for 729 year
While travelling through this district, King Afonso III and Queen Beatrice, ordered the construction of a municipal hall, alongside the ancient castle (which today no longer exists). For his part, King Denis, his successor, was captivated by local Gracia Frois, fathering an illegitimate son, who would go on to be Count of Barcelos. Later, the municipality was donated to the Queens of the realm, and in particular, under the Aviz dynasty, the Infanta Eleonor (daughter of King Edward and Queen Eleanor), who would later marry Frederick III of Germany, was born in Torres Vedras (18 September 1434).
Torres Vedras continued to be a place of importance: in 1413, King John I meet with his council after legitimizing his expedition to Ceuta (marking the beginning of Portuguese maritime expansion); the Regent Peter, convened the Cortes in 1411, to deliberate over the wedding of his daughter Isabel with his nephew Afonso; and the place where King John II received the ambassadors of the Kingdom of Naples, and later the Republic of Venice, in 1496.
At the same time, intrigues and confrontations were fermented in Torres Vedras by local alcaldes, such as in 1384 when the Master of Aviz encircled the town in order to force the Castilian alcalde Juan Duque to surrender. It was for the same reason, that King John IV was forced to take city in 1640, when the Portuguese alcalde João Soares de Alarcão, aligned himself with the Philippian monarchs.
In comparison, the loyalty and sympathies of the Portuguese of the region were tested with the French occupations of the Peninsular Wars (1808-1810). Anticipating the final defeat of the French, General Delaborde's forces were defeated on 21 August 1808, at the battles of Roliça and Vimeiro, by the Anglo-Portuguese armies that had landed at Porto Novo. Junot, who had installed himself in the town, signed a truce and left the town, retreating towards Lisbon, but not before sacking the churches and convents along the way.
Arthur Wellesley, later Duke of Wellington and Marquess of Torres Vedras, would begin the construction (1810-1812) of the Lines of Torres Vedras that would extend to the sea. This fortified system, which included 152 forts and 628 redoubts, was marked by the Fort of São Vicente, in Torres Vedras. Ironically, the fort only saw battle after the French were removed from Portugal, when Cabralist forces (those supporting politician Costa Cabral) under the Duke of Saldanha, evicted Setembrist forces of the Count of Bonfim. Over 10,000 troops were involved in the bloody Battle of Torres Vedras, which resulted in the surrender of the Count's forces on 23 December 1846. The deaths of 400 men and 500 wounded, that included Lieutenant-Colonel Luís Mouzinho de Albuquerque, a liberal officer who disembarked in Mindelo and was later buried in the Church of São Pedro.
Following much of its history in battle, Torres Vedras lapsed into years of progress and development, supported by the expansion of the rail-lines in 1886, the installation of the electrical grid in 1912, and finally the canalization of waters to the town by 1926. These changes helped support a growth, construction of new barrios and roadways, resulting in the town's reclassification as a city in 1979.
Fronting the Atlantic Ocean, Torre Vedres is bordered by the municipalities of Lourinhã (to the north), Alenquer (to the east), Sobral de Monte Agraço (to the southeast) and Mafra (to the south). A dispersed population, Torres Vedras includes 21 urban agglomerations, of which most have less than 200 inhabitants. Altogether the municipality has a population of 75,494, with a population density of 185 per km², while population growth between 1991 to 2001 was about 7.5%.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
Isabel Santos (Property Manager )
Based in Portugal
- 1045 properties
- 262 properties
- 215 properties
- 184 properties
- Sao Martinho do Porto
- 169 properties
- 136 properties
- 127 properties
- 64 properties
- Praia D'el Rey Golf and Country Club
- 49 properties
- Foz do Arelho
- 31 properties
- Torres Vedras
- 28 properties
- 19 properties
- 19 properties
- Areia Branca
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 10 properties
- A Dos Cunhados
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Monte Estoril
- 7 properties
- 6 properties