Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Vernon Court offers fantastic panoramic views across The English Riviera, including Torquay marina to the left, Brixham and Paignton across the water, and Torre Abbey beach below. Close to the heart of Torquay, this lower ground floor apartment offers a wonderful retreat, but with all the convenience of easy access into town. The local beach can be accessed from directly below the property via a path.
Parking permits can be purchased entitling you to unlimited parking in any council owned car park across Torbay.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- A large and spacious living area with fantastic bay views through the large windows.
- Neutral decor with laminate flooring.
- A three seater leather sofa and leather armchair.
- Entertainment is provided by 32" flatscreen TV with Digital Freeview and a DVD player. There is also a CD/DAB Radio.
- There is a selection of CD's, DVD's and board games.
- Modern shaker style kitchen units and under cabinet wall lighting.
- Large window that looks through into the lounge dining area.
- Kitchen equipment includes: an electric fan oven with integral grill, separate ceramic hob, fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and cafetiere.
- Washing machine and tumble drier located in a cupboard in the entrance hallway.
- Uninterrupted stunning views out to sea.
- There is a circular pine table and four chairs for dining, an up-lighter in one corner and an occasional table with lamp.
- Overlooks Torquay and out to sea giving fantastic views.
- Double bed benefits from a built in headboard surround with storage space.
- Includes six overhead cupboards and bedside cabinet space comprising three drawers each. A large free-standing chest of drawers with four draws adds for plenty of extra storage space.
- For added entertainment, inside the built in wardrobes is a remote control portable TV
- En-suite bathroom.
- Stunning uninterrupted views over Torquay and beyond.
- Single bed with pull out bed underneath, making two singles.
- Two matching bedside tables with a double built in wardrobe comprising of four doors and a chest of drawers with a vanity mirror and cream carpet throughout.
- Situated to the left of bedroom two, the décor is an eggshell colour with light grey tiling around the bath area and white tiles on the floor.
- White bathroom suite that comprises: a toilet, washbasin, bath with shower over the bath and shower curtain. The room is spot-lit with a mirrored cabinet, a heated towel rail and an extractor fan.
- Fully tiled in neutral coloured tiles with black slate effect tiles on the floor. This room has a fire escape that also leads down two flights of stairs to the communal gardens below.
- White bathroom suite comprises: toilet, bidet, bath with shower over the bath, shower screen and chrome mixer taps. There is also a washbasin with chrome mixer taps and a handy mirrored cabinet with shaver point above the washbasin.
|Further details outdoors|
- The entrance hallway to Vernon Court is accessed down one flight of stairs to the entrance.
- Panoramic views across the town and bay.
- The local beach can be accessed from a path directly below the property.
- Communal patio area.
- Limited on-street parking.
- A council car-park is available (fee payable).
The West Country region
Devon is a large county in southwestern England. Much of the county is rural (including national park) land, with a low population density by British standards. It contains Dartmoor 954 km2 (368 sq mi), the largest open space in southern England and It is the only English county to have two separate coastlines – a north and southern coastline. The county is home to part of England's only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Dorset and East Devon Coast, known as the Jurassic Coast for its geology and geographical features. This geology gives rise to the landscapes of Dartmoor and Exmoor, the latter two being national parks. The English Riviera on South Devon's coastline is also recognised as the only UNESCO Geopark in an urban area. A truly unique and spectacular coastal bay. Devon has seaside resorts and historic towns and cities, rural scenery and generally has a mild climate, heavily influenced by the North Atlantic Drift. The county receives warm summers with hot spells and cool rainy periods. Winters are generally mild and the county often experiences some of the mildest winters in the world.
St Marychurch and Babbacombe offer glorious beaches, beautiful views, easy access to the South West Coast Path, top class award winning visitor attractions including the World Famous Babbacombe Model Village, Bygones Victorian Village, The Babbacombe Cliff Railway, Babbacombe Theatre and a whole host of quality eating and drinking establishments, all within easy walking distance of your accommodation.
We thoroughly recommend experiencing all of the above, and ensure you to take a trip down to Oddicombe beach via the Cliff Railway, and enjoy a walk under the cliffs along to Babbacombe beach where you will find the Cary Arms. This is one of the best positioned Inns to be found anywhere in the country, offering stunning views from its stepped garden terrace, serving top local cuisine and offering a wide selection of local ales, with service to match! If you’re lucky, you may even get to see the very friendly Grey Seal that spends most of its time larking around catching fish in Babbacombe Bay. And keep your eyes peeled for the Dolphins!
The area also offers a plethora of activities that can be easily enjoyed, from fishing the local coastline for mackerel, Sea Bass or even Dogfish, to Scuba Diving with the local Sea Horses & Cuttlefish colonies. Tennis or Bowls can be enjoyed in nearby Cary Park, whilst Torquay’s premier Golf Club is within ‘driving’ distance if you have a decent swing (5 minutes walk away, handicap possibly required)! The options are truly endless.
The benefits of Toad Halls convenient location doesn’t end there! On top of all the above, you will find an historic village precinct just around the corner, where you can buy the freshest local produce from Devon’s land and sea, along with all the daily essentials to ensure you have everything you need for a comfortable stay on the English Riviera.
As well as the delights of the 4 main towns of Torbay (Brixham, Paignton, Torquay, Babbacombe & St Marychurch), you will find a whole host of wonderful options just outside the English Riviera if you do decide to explore the beautiful area of South Devon. From the Teign Estuary to the incredible beauty of the Dartmoor National Park, from the magical Southern Hamlets (South Hams) to the historic Cities of Plymouth and Exeter, you really are spoilt for choice. You are sure to find something great to experience whatever your tastes or whatever the weather.
visit www.greatdaysoutguide.co.uk to view a comprhensive guide to the area. You can also visit www.englishriviera.co.uk to find out more about our beautiful bay.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:24 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 302 properties
- 226 properties
- 223 properties
- 180 properties
- 167 properties
- 124 properties
- 119 properties
- 96 properties
- 68 properties
- 59 properties
- Newton Abbot
- 50 properties
- 45 properties
- 31 properties
- Budleigh Salterton
- 21 properties
- 17 properties
- 15 properties
- Stoke Gabriel
- 15 properties
- Slapton, Devon
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- Start Bay
- 8 properties