4 The Manor House - 500
from £58 /night help
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
A delightful, recently refurbished, two bedroom terraced cottage situated within an imposing 19th Century Mansion house. It is located in a commanding position near Torquay sea front and Cockington village and was built in 1867 by the world famous engineer, William Froude, a major influence in ship design and a pioneer of powered flotation.
Number 4 is a beautiful two storey cottage with a large private patio affording sweeping views of the whole of Torbay. There is patio furniture for al fresco dining – the perfect place to watch summer regattas and firework displays.
For younger guests, a travel cot and high chair are also provided on request (please note that cot linen is not provided).
This property is close to local shops and a lovely village pub, the Chelston Manor, which offers food at lunchtimes and evenings and has a children’s room, are just a 5 minute walk away. From the sea front you can also catch the bus into Torquay town centre and harbour or explore the rest of Torbay. If you feel like a walk, then Torquay town centre is just 20 minutes away as is Cockington village and the country park.
There is also secure allocated parking.
Please note - whilst bed linen and bath towels are supplied, guests will need to bring their own towels for the swimming pool/beach.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Oddicombe Beach 6.12 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International 40.88 km, Nearest railway: Torquay railway station 320 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Shared indoor pool|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool, Balcony or terrace, Shared garden|
|Further details indoors|
- A spacious, ground floor living/dining room with an oak floor and two large windows offering superb sea views over Torbay.
- Furnished with one three seater and one two seater chenille sofa plus a coffee table.
- Glass topped dining table with six high back leather chairs.
- TV with Freeview, DVD player and CD player with a selection of board games, DVD's and CD's.
- Bookcase with local interest and fictional books, including a comprehensive collection by the famous local author, Agatha Christie.
- Separate fitted kitchen with granite worktops and integral appliances.
- Gas hob and electric oven and grill, fridge freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
- Full utensils and accessories include a microwave, kettle, toaster and caffetiere.
- An iron and ironing board are provided for guests use.
Bedroom one with en-suite
- Situated on the first floor with superb sea views over Torbay.
- Newly carpeted.
- Furnished with a king sized bed, two bedside cabinets, triple wardrobe and dressing table and chair.
- A hairdryer is also provided.
- The en-suite comprises a bath with shower over and screen to side, wash basin, WC and shaver point.
- Situated on the first floor with superb sea views across Torbay.
- Newly carpeted.
- Furnished with twin beds featuring advanced sleeping "miracoil" mattresses, a bedside table, lamp, chest of drawers, wardrobe and a chair.
- An occasional z-bed is also provided to accommodate additional guests.
- The family bathroom is situated on the ground floor and comprises of a bath with shower over, folding shower screen , WC, wash basin, shaver point and heated towel rail.
- En-suite to bedroom one comprises a bath with with shower over and screen to side, wash basin, WC and shaver point.
|Further details outdoors|
- Large sunny terrace with sweeping views of over the whole of Torbay.
- Patio dining table with six chairs and a parasol - ideal for al fresco dining.
- Beautiful communal gardens.
- On-site facilities are accessed via external steps and include an indoor swimming pool, sauna, gym and games room.
- Secure allocated parking space.
The English Riviera region
The warm climate and award-winning beaches enjoyed by South Devon have kept it a fashionable holiday resort for many generations. Torquay, Paignton and Brixham make up Torbay, one of the most popular areas for holidays in South Devon, and the area also includes the coastal towns of Dawlish, Teignmouth and Starcross. South Devon holiday cottages position their guests in some of the country’s prettiest locations for a break with a continental feel.
South Devon hosts dozens of festivals and regattas throughout the whole year
One of the world’s oldest shipwrecks was found off South Devon’s coast
Pete Goss built his Team Phillips catamaran in Totnes
Looking to relax and escape? Entertain the kids? Explore? Torquay has something for everyone. As the most popular location for Devon holiday cottages, Torquay boasts historical sites, family attractions, the best sandcastle building beaches in the UK, waterfront bars and cafes and a whole lot more to do and discover.
Explore the world in miniature at Babbacombe Model Village, meet the penguins at Living Coasts, unearth prehistoric remains at Kents Cavern, see The English Riviera from above in the Hi-Flyer balloon, walk down a Victorian street at Bygones and explore Torquay’s rich and varied history in Torquay Museum..
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:18 Dec 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 388 properties
- 383 properties
- 324 properties
- 299 properties
- 272 properties
- 199 properties
- 191 properties
- 95 properties
- 88 properties
- Newton Abbot-old
- 85 properties
- 71 properties
- 31 properties
- Budleigh Salterton-old
- 26 properties
- 21 properties
- 20 properties
- Start Bay-old
- 17 properties
- Stoke Gabriel-old
- 16 properties
- Slapton, Devon-old
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- South Brent-old
- 12 properties